censorship

buzzkillz

there is way too much censorship going on with this board. in fact, no one will probably even get to read this. but there is a definite line between being blatanly stupid with posting and being clever/funny/making a point. if i say GNR sucks, and thats it... nothing to back it up, then it should be deleted. but if i say it and make a point, why should that not stay? thats just an example, i havent ever posted that. my last post was deleted, and it was just a setlist prediction for the shows in Vegas/SF. why should that be deleted?

there is way too much censorship going on with this board. in fact, no one will probably even get to read this. but there is a definite line between being blatanly stupid with posting and being clever/funny/making a point. if i say GNR sucks, and thats it... nothing to back it up, then it should be deleted. but if i say it and make a point, why should that not stay? thats just an example, i havent ever posted that. my last post was deleted, and it was just a setlist prediction for the shows in Vegas/SF. why should that be deleted?

I imagine the setlist post was deleted because its been done many, many times, and we know what the setlist is gonna be anyway. JMO.

my last post was deleted, and it was just a setlist prediction for the shows in Vegas/SF. why should that be deleted?

For the same reason we remove CD-release-date-guessing-threads, they're pointless and only annoys members. You have no facts whatsoever and yet in your thread you make it sound like you know what they'll play.

I think the mods on this board, jack99 in particular, are the best mods on any board I use and that is a lot.

They always do what they can for the greater good, and deleting threads which are just going to get a long list of replies taking the piss out of you is included in that.

So be grateful, if you posted the same thing on htgth they would probably post some shitty remark on your topic and leave it there for all to see and laugh at you, but at the same time locking it so you can't defend yourself.

If you said GN'R sucks even though you'd backed up that argument I'm sure it'll be removed anyway, and rightly so. Why would anyone who says that be registered on a board for GN'R fans? It would annoy other members too.

Edited by LCG

i'd say most the mods here are ok. I do however think that sometimes they're quick to jump on Kaneda (and a couple of others)when they don't like what he has to say. Like the post Kaneda made about how we shouldn't be congratulating Axl for actually finishing a tour, etc.... I think he had some valid points. Axl is a very talented musician, but he does fuck up here and there, and not everyone has to agree with everything he does. Not everyone buys into Merck's attempts to put a spin on things either. Questioning things sometimes doesn't make you less of a fan.

Can I ask a mod or someone with some higher power that won't just lock this after they reply.

Why the fuck is the link for GNR Unleashed censored? Top Jimmy doesn't post much here n' didn't know where it was to be posted. He started two threads because he's not familer with the fuckin' rules here. But now, the link is censored.

Any reason? Or is Madison just scared because we've got WC n' we don't bann him once he tells someone he's got a lawyer. Hey, he's got a right to bring up the fact that he's got a lawyer if you're over stepping your power as ADMIN and tryin' to say where he is n' isn't from...

Can I ask a mod or someone with some higher power that won't just lock this after they reply.

Why the fuck is the link for GNR Unleashed censored? Top Jimmy doesn't post much here n' didn't know where it was to be posted. He started two threads because he's not familer with the fuckin' rules here. But now, the link is censored.

Any reason? Or is Madison just scared because we've got WC n' we don't bann him once he tells someone he's got a lawyer. Hey, he's got a right to bring up the fact that he's got a lawyer if you're over stepping your power as ADMIN and tryin' to say where he is n' isn't from...

If you've read certain threads in that forum you'd understand very well why that link was censored. Another thing, please don't believe everything people tell you. There's always more to the story. If you have any questions please send me a PM.

Our decisions as moderators are not based on our personal opinions but most of all our forum members'. That and of course the forum rules and common sense. We have people here from countries all over the world in different ages and with different opinions and unfortunately it's hard to please everyone but we do try. :)

Oh for GAWD SAKE! Can't we all get along? If its a pointless rumour, it'll be locked/deleted/moved. If its spam, the smae will happen. If its bashing, the same will happen plus you'll get warned/suspended/banned. Get used to it coz thats the way it is. I think I now know not to mess with mods after being 'accidently' suspended for a month, warned 3 times, been put on reduced privelidges and had threads deleted. But I also know that all they want is for us to be happy on a board where we can discuss GNR, ou faveourite band. So if you wanna have a go at mods, either make an extremely extremely valid point, or make sure you've said all you wanna say in your last post.

they should allow some critisism

i have seen some people get away with posting shit and talk to their friends in threads but get away with it because they're friends with the mods

i haven't a problem with any of the mods, just one of the admin but i try not to hold a grudge :)

If you've read certain threads in that forum you'd understand very well why that link was censored...

Exactly. They openly admit they knew they weren't permitted to post ads in multiple sections -- but they chose to do so anyway.

.. Another thing, please don't believe everything people tell you. There's always more to the story. If you have any questions please send me a PM...

Wise words Jack.

I couldn't have said it better. If you want to know the truth - rather than some trumped-up story and ridiculous claims about lawyers and other nonsense - please send me a pm. I'll be happy to set the record straight for you.

When a member - any member - repeatedly breaks forum rules and ignores multiple warnings from different mods asking him to stop, he can't act shocked and surprised when he finds himself banned.

.. Our decisions as moderators are not based on our personal opinions but most of all our forum members'. That and of course the forum rules and common sense. We have people here from countries all over the world in different ages and with different opinions and unfortunately it's hard to please everyone but we do try. :)

Exactly.

they should allow some critisism

i have seen some people get away with posting shit and talk to their friends in threads but get away with it because they're friends with the mods

i haven't a problem with any of the mods, just one of the admin but i try not to hold a grudge :)

This is a large board, so we don't always see every post in every thread right away. If you see somebody breaking forum rules, let us know. I can assure you that we don't play favorites. We try to resolve "problem" members through pms. Many times, we can reason with them, and they agree to follow forum rules. For those who don't, their warning trackers are raised. But I can assure you we look into every problem post that comes to our attention and try to treat everybody equally.

Heh, I think this forum maintains a fair balance between right to expression and censorship. Compared to the other two big forums: CD.com which has degenerated to such an extent and HTGTH.com which I believe have recently become more tightly controlled, I say personally, this forum isn't doing too bad.

Famous last words? I hope not. :ph34r: