Does anybody like these new "green day " esque bands?

GNR Rocks35

New Pop Rock  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personnaly i think they are all shit. I started to play guitar a year and a half ago and i can play all of that stuff. These bands like good charlotte, fall out boy, greenday just piss me offf be cause they have no skill!

They alll sound the same!!!!!!!1 The reason that the stones, zeppelin,gnr are great is because they all have a different sound. You can put on any zeppelin song and i will know it's zeppelin because i know their sound.

With new music i cant tell the difference between fallout boy and all american rejects!!

Do these bands piss anyone else off as much as theyy piss me off?

Personnaly i think they are all shit. I started to play guitar a year and a half ago and i can play all of that stuff. These bands like good charlotte, fall out boy, greenday just piss me offf be cause they have no skill!

They alll sound the same!!!!!!!1 The reason that the stones, zeppelin,gnr are great is because they all have a different sound. You can put on any zeppelin song and i will know it's zeppelin because i know their sound.

With new music i cant tell the difference between fallout boy and all american rejects!!

I have no beef with greenday..................

but bands like fall out boy, the used, the killers, all america rejects, pretty much any of these MTV darlings drive me nuts. They all sing about anti establishment stuff, and try to have a mean edge but they are the new trendy thing, kinda like how N'SYNC and BSB were a few years back. In a year or so they will all be gone never to be heard from again.

but bands like fall out boy, the used, the killers, all america rejects, pretty much any of these MTV darlings drive me nuts. They all sing about anti establishment stuff, and try to have a mean edge but they are the new trendy thing, kinda like how N'SYNC and BSB were a few years back. In a year or so they will all be gone never to be heard from again.

Couldnt agree more, but Green Day still anoys the hell out of me. Mainly because my brother listens to them non-stop and he tries to sing like Billy Joe Armstrong.

...You'd have to be deaf not to be able to tell the difference between Fall Out Boy and The All American Rejects...I'm not saying ones better than the other or that either band is that substantial musically, but they don't sound the same. :rolleyes:

Killers and Used sound nothing like Fall Out Boy or American Rejects :unsure: and yeah..they piss me off too.

Edited by Songbird

Nah the Killers are aright...they've got their own thing goin on. As for all these crap bands staging a revolution with MTV (Fall out Boy, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Pink Spiders, MCR, And then I turned 7, etc...)

KILL EM' ALL :shades:

It also annoys me that they all seem to think they need a band name containing like 60 words... <_<

I think the hype will be here for awhile unfortunatley..but the music wont last...and that is all that matters.

That's why I don't like them either. They all sound the same to me too.

Edited by ronaldo9

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

None of the bands that've been mentioned are "Green Day-esque" at all. Copying Green Day was en vogue in the late 90's, a couple examples would be Blink 182 and New Found Glory.

You all act so pissed about what's going on in music, yet you don't have a fucking clue what is really going on.

You havn't typed your age in your profile, still I can see ít's a child that's posting....

When you put on a Green Day album, you can hear it's a Green Day record.

You havn't typed your age in your profile, still I can see ít's a child that's posting....

When you put on a Green Day album, you can hear it's a Green Day record.

You are absolutely correct; whether you are a fan or not, Green Day has definitely forged its own sound.

I used to be prejudiced about Green Day because I thought it wasn't "real" punk. Whether it is or not is debateable, but American Idiot is a great album that will still hold up 10 or 20 years from now. I doubt the same can be said for Fall Out Boy though.