I wonder if....

Vincent Vega

Hi

I was thinking...since the departure of Buckethead back in '04, I'm sure Bumblefoot wasn't the only guitar player asked or auditioned to replace him. Maybe he was just the only one we've heard about. I mean...I know there are/were some who complain about the fact that Bumblefoot joined two weeks before, but well, the only people who know what really goes on behind closed doors in the world of G'N'R are G'N'R themselves and perhaps the management. For all we know, there could've been a few different guys as temporary lead guitarists until they found ''The One'' so to speak in Bumblefoot as a proper replacement for the eccentric Mr. Head.

So, what I was thinking...in that time, the 2 years since Buckethead left, and even in the 6-8 years CD and/or it's sequels have been recording, perhaps we'll see a few different axe-men on some of the albums' songs, sort of like how the Rolling Stones' recorded their album ''Black & Blue" when their lead player Mick Taylor left, they used the album's recording process as a virtual audition and so that album has many different guitarists taking up his place. I wonder if that's how the album will be, or if that's how the album was throughout these years.

Edited by Mr. Miser

Hi

I was thinking...since the departure of Buckethead back in '04, I'm sure Bumblefoot wasn't the only guitar player asked or auditioned to replace him. Maybe he was just the only one we've heard about. I mean...I know there are/were some who complain about the fact that Bumblefoot joined two weeks before, but well, the only people who know what really goes on behind closed doors in the world of G'N'R are G'N'R themselves and perhaps the management. For all we know, there could've been a few different guys as temporary lead guitarists until they found ''The One'' so to speak in Bumblefoot as a proper replacement for the eccentric Mr. Head.

So, what I was thinking...in that time, the 2 years since Buckethead left, and even in the 6-8 years CD and/or it's sequels have been recording, perhaps we'll see a few different axe-men on some of the albums' songs, sort of like how the Rolling Stones' recorded their album ''Black & Blue" when their lead player Mick Taylor left, they used the album's recording process as a virtual audition and so that album has many different guitarists taking up his place. I wonder if that's how the album will be, or if that's how the album was throughout these years.

No I think Bucket, Robin and Richard are the guitar players. The time Bucket left all recordings (gitaar) were done i think. Maybe there will be some new songs on it where only robin and richard plays on?

No I think Bucket, Robin and Richard are the guitar players. The time Bucket left all recordings (gitaar) were done i think. Maybe there will be some new songs on it where only robin and richard plays on?

Or perhaps Richard and Robin re-recorded over all Bucket's played parts, yet Bucket still gets credit and/or royalties for writing and composing the parts. I mean, once it's all written and recorded it isn't that hard just to play the part exactly as it was played except with different guitar players, and with the studio technology they can go crazy with that overdubbing and re-recording shit. I mean, look at TSI, Izzy's parts were just rerecorded by Gilby and on the Illusions Slash played both his and Izzy parts on a lot of the songs where Izzy didn't show up for recording (though being as Izzy was still a member at the time he was still credited as playing on certain songs even if he didnt really play on 'em.)

I doubt they'd release an album that has a member that hasn't been in the band for 2 years playing on it, but you never know. I think that'd be a crappy move myself, cause than it makes the album outdated in terms of it's personell.

Which leads me to think that at present, for this album and it's tour, Bumble is just there as a touring musician to make the sound as full as it is on the album. I mean, two guitarist can't play 3 or 4 parts all at once. Perhaps he'll have a part in the next album or two, but I dunno. I think he's just a touring guy to complement the sound and the other two guys.

Edited by Mr. Miser

I wonder if....

Pretty please... with sugar on top. Use a title that describes the content of the thread! :)

On topic: I think they'll re-record it. Then of course it depends on who wrote the stuff and what the contract says if a member leaves the band. As always with Gnr, it's extremely hard to say since there are no or few facts about the new album production.

well i seem to remember bumblefoot claiming he was asked to audition back in 2003 or therabouts but at the time gnr management said he was lying

could there have been another guitar player we don't know about between then? the might have turned down Ron for someone else, or maybe axl played guitar on some

we just don't know :no:

This is something I have also pondered alot about the album (which I have actually started to let myself believe again will come out some day). Knowing Axl's bitterness, I really think he won't want Buckethead to get any royalties, so I don't think his recordings will stay. I'll add that this would be too ba because BH is a guitar phenom, but I am sure the parts will be covered alright by someone.

This is something I have also pondered alot about the album (which I have actually started to let myself believe again will come out some day). Knowing Axl's bitterness, I really think he won't want Buckethead to get any royalties, so I don't think his recordings will stay. I'll add that this would be too ba because BH is a guitar phenom, but I am sure the parts will be covered alright by someone.

bumblefoot said to a fan in dublin that bucketheads parts are still in and that he got into gnr too late to re-record over bucketheads parts

bumblefoot said to a fan in dublin that bucketheads parts are still in and that he got into gnr too late to re-record over bucketheads parts

yeah he also said that he was just told "learn these."

Yes, they will stay, that's also what Bumblefoot told me, when I was writting with him.