Muse

MrShankly

Any fans of Muse? What do you all think?

i think they're awesome! Great band IMO.

i really like the singers(Matt) voice, and they've got some great guitar riffs.

me and some friends are seeing them in Aberdeen on 6th November! Gonna be great :krider:

i think they're pretty big here in the UK.

they're really good live aswel!

Muse - Plug-In Baby (Live)

rock3

Edited by AS_Warlock

I think they're an amazing band.

I've been recently getting into them, though. I first heard them in the movie High Tension, in the end when the credits are rolling you hear New Born I think, and I was amazed by that sound and immediately got myself the song and then the albums cuz I wanted to hear more - and the albums are completely amazing.

They are supreme.

Just haven't put a foot wrong. The first three albums were insanely good, and they've now released the best album of 2006 with Black Holes and Revelations. How long can they keep this streak going?

Anyway, thanks for the vids. Just spent the last few minutes looking through a few others...

Stockholm Syndrome

Butterflies and Hurricanes

This three piece band is heavier than Axl's eight piece band. :D

I love Muse. The bass lines are pretty cool and they are just generally such a great 3 peice band.

Thei albums have never leaped out to me though, it's always taken a view listens for the songs to grow on me and then I love the albums. Some of their songs are just out right shit hot though.

Awesome band, each member is so technically gifted - and they absolutely nail everything they do live. Bellamy's vocal melodies are always really impressive... and for a 3 piece they make a lot of noise.

Good shit, and the new album is great. Songs like 'Starlight' are obviously more commercially driven, but they still impress me. :shades:

I met these guys once, saw them play a 3 song set and got my copy of Showbiz signed. Was cool. :D

Showbiz = Great.

Origin Of Symmetry = Amazingly great.

Absolution = A bit underwhelming after OoS, but very good.

Black Holes and Revelations = Very poor.

I just can't dig Black Holes and Revelations at all. It's so dull, and where on EARTH are all the electric riffs I've grown to love from Muse? Meh. It just seems very boring, they used to have a pretty progressive sound, but that's been lost with the new album. It's lost the magic their first three albums had.

They're still an absolutely amazing live act, and I'm seeing them this November infact, but it's just a shame they're going to be playing so much material from the new album.

Edited by Slash's Appetite

the singers whiney voice always turned me off buying anything.

Matt's voice definitely seems to be the deciding factor of whether you love or hate the band. I love it, check out some of that falsetto in the Showbiz vid I posted.

The thing I really like about Mathew Bellamy is that everything he does is distinctive. You'd never mistake Matt's vocals for anyone else's, nor his guitar tone. Plus he's a fucking ace pianist and a great songwriter. Talented prick.

Showbiz = Great.

Origin Of Symmetry = Amazingly great.

Absolution = A bit underwhelming after OoS, but very good.

Black Holes and Revelations = Very poor.

I just can't dig Black Holes and Revelations at all. It's so dull, and where on EARTH are all the electric riffs I've grown to love from Muse? Meh. It just seems very boring, they used to have a pretty progressive sound, but that's been lost with the new album. It's lost the magic their first three albums had.

They're still an absolutely amazing live act, and I'm seeing them this November infact, but it's just a shame they're going to be playing so much material from the new album.

thats funny cause black holes and revelations is wat got me into the muse, and has been in my car cd player for acouple of weeks. i rekon its an awsome album, and far from very poor, its up to par with the rest of their albums.

The thing I really like about Mathew Bellamy is that everything he does is distinctive. You'd never mistake Matt's vocals for anyone else's, nor his guitar tone. Plus he's a fucking ace pianist and a great songwriter.

yeah. as soon as a Muse song starts, u just KNOW it's them wether you've heard the song or not.

Does Matt own his own music shop in England somewhere? anyone been?