Reviewing an album like Chinese Democracy

Roy79

i think it should be judged on it's musical merits alone. but there's a snowball's chance in hell that critics will have the restraint to do so. i bet most reviews will only focus on the music for 1/4 of the review. the rest will be about how long it took to make the album, Axl's weight, how long it took to make the album, Axl's hair, how long it took to make the album, the old band, how long it took to make the album, the new band, and finally, how long it took to make the album!

Agreed 100% The days of critics reviewing music alone are gone.

I don't care what the critics think. If I like it, thats all that matters to me. Of course they are going to be harsh. Kerrang will be obviously and their will be plenty of anti-GNR people around. There is going to be alot of negativity surrounding CD's release. If you like it what does it matter?. The problem is all these so called fans can't get over the old GNR. They look for ways to create a negative atmospere around GNR and CD. They don't take the time to appreciate what the band have given us and how tellented they are. If your a fan you will support the band no matter what instead of constantly putting them down and creating pointless threads that just tell us all the bad things going on in GNR. They exagerate thing in order to make them more valid. One E-mail from a GNR member that has something slightly bad sounding in it will be blown out of all proportion and taken for something it's not. These are the critics that have given up on CD even before it has been released.

rock4

Great post mate! rock4