Deadstring Brothers

Wild_Child

I started a topic about this band a while back but it got deleted when the forum got hacked.

Their music is similar to Izzy's solo stuff, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. I think some of you would like them.

I like that type of music, could you provide a link to some of their songs please?

I really like that stuff-thanks for the links. I will get a CD when I get paid tomorrow.

BTW, if you like this type of country/rock stuff(most people call it alt-country but that sounds stupid to me),

you should really check out Drive-By Truckers-they are great songwriters and are great to see live.

www.drive-bytruckers.com has some songs to download. Let me know what you think of them if you get a chance-they've been around a while and never get the credit they deserve.

I really like that stuff-thanks for the links. I will get a CD when I get paid tomorrow.

BTW, if you like this type of country/rock stuff(most people call it alt-country but that sounds stupid to me),

you should really check out Drive-By Truckers-they are great songwriters and are great to see live.

www.drive-bytruckers.com has some songs to download. Let me know what you think of them if you get a chance-they've been around a while and never get the credit they deserve.

Cheers dude, these sound pretty good. I'll get an album when I get the chance.

Cheers dude, these sound pretty good. I'll get an album when I get the chance.

[/quote

If you want some legal and free DBT shows, go to www.archive.org/details/etree, click browse artist collections and you will get a list of all bands on there-just scroll down to Drive-By Truckers and there's close to 200 shows I believe. And it's not p2p so no worries about viruses and such.

Do the "Deadstring Brothers" have more songs like "Get up Jake"? This song is fucking awesome!!! ^_^

I've only got "Starving Winter Report" and I'd say "Get Up Jake" is one of the better songs on it. "Talkin' Born Blues" is my favourite song on the album though.

Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics of their songs?

So far, my two favourite tracks are "Get up Jake" and "27 Hours", and I am going to buy their new album soon.

I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere I'm afraid. :(

Edited by Wild_Child

So far, my two favourite tracks are "Get up Jake" and "27 Hours", and I am going to buy their new album soon.

I haven't been able to find the lyrics anyway I'm afraid. :(

That sucks...

They aren't even included in the album's booklet?

That sucks...

Nah, I don't think they are. Which is annoying.

That sucks...

Nah, I don't think they are. Which is annoying.

Pfft... talk about fan support... <_<

That's pretty low...