Can you picture CD in your hands?

bax

I've tried to imagine what it will be like when the thing finally comes out, but I just can't do it. It just doesn't seem real to me. The closer it seems to come to an actual release, the less real it seems. I'm not just talking about what it will sound like, cover art,etc,-it's hard to articulate, but it's been so long, there have been so many rumors and false alarms that I just don't know how I will react.

Am I the only one?

Yeah, I know what you mean. But they havent played a west coast show in forever either and it looks like that is finally going to happen, so I'm very hopeful this time. I'm sure all of us who have been following the band have built up huge expectations for the album, and no matter how good the music is it will be awsome to finally have.

On the day of its release, a trip into glasgow will be in order with my friends at which point many copies of the album will be bought and then lovingly brought home to vast soundsystems as quckly as possible after admiring the artwork/booklet on the train on the way home.

whenever a major album is released they open the doors midnight the day of, that how I bought UYI'S it was great stood in line in the middle of the night to get my hands on gn'r's latest ofering, but cd will be different, I will get it a few days before it is released, same as i did with spaghetti. I go to a local shop donate money to charity and voila he lets me buy the new cd...

Gunsguy

For some of you crazies that have been waiting a decade for the new album, yes, it would probably feel VERY surreal for you to be holding Chinese Democracy in your hands.

As for me, I've only been waiting about 2 years now for Chinese Democracy. During this time, Chinese Democracy has taken on some kind of mythical status in my mind.

Also, we'll be holding an album in our hands that is called Chinese Democracy. What is Chinese Democracy? There's no such thing as Chinese Democracy. In reality Chinese Democracy does not exist. But, Axl's album will exist. It will be a total mindfuck. It's kind of funny. Since Chinese Democracy does not exist, then, you can say anything is Chinese Democracy and it will be true. So, it's like, Axl is saying, "THIS ALBUM is Chinese Democracy."

What is Axl saying with this? Is he saying anything at all? Is he saying that we will be holding Chinese Democracy in our hands? Like, we will have the power to bring about Chinese Democracy in China? If we do the right thing, democracy will come to China. if we do the wrong thing, communism will prevail. Is he saying that it really is in our hands?

What I'm saying is that musicians and masters of art always layer their work with multiple meanings and messages.

For some of you crazies that have been waiting a decade for the new album, yes, it would probably feel VERY surreal for you to be holding Chinese Democracy in your hands.

As for me, I've only been waiting about 2 years now for Chinese Democracy. During this time, Chinese Democracy has taken on some kind of mythical status in my mind.

Also, we'll be holding an album in our hands that is called Chinese Democracy. What is Chinese Democracy? There's no such thing as Chinese Democracy. In reality Chinese Democracy does not exist. But, Axl's album will exist. It will be a total mindfuck. It's kind of funny. Since Chinese Democracy does not exist, then, you can say anything is Chinese Democracy and it will be true. So, it's like, Axl is saying, "THIS ALBUM is Chinese Democracy."

What is Axl saying with this? Is he saying anything at all? Is he saying that we will be holding Chinese Democracy in our hands? Like, we will have the power to bring about Chinese Democracy in China? If we do the right thing, democracy will come to China. if we do the wrong thing, communism will prevail. Is he saying that it really is in our hands?

What I'm saying is that musicians and masters of art always layer their work with multiple meanings and messages.

Excellent post, but I always think of CD's title as being a sarcastic take on the general opinion of the band post-Slash-as in GN'R is a Chinese Democracy,if you don't like it fuck off.

Great post Cashpiles.

And welcome to our forum. For those who don't know, Cashpiles was a regular at a certain NIN forum.

Cool to have you here dude.

Hope you stick around.

i can't really think about it

doesn't seem real but if it all leaks out i don't think i will be able to cotroll myself not to download it, if i do download it in the event that it's leaked i will still buy 3 copies when it's released in the shops

Wow.... and welcome.