Rip off venues!

BarmyBritJo

Parking in Manhattan for a show with 18% garage tax and tip could easily cost over $35. 40 pounds is about $72. Not so bad for a show like GNR.

Actually if the show is at MSG and you try to park in a garage near there they will up the price to about $80.00 which is why I park uptown in a residential area for free and hop on the Subway and I don't have to worry about a garage closing on me which some do at midnight. I did the same for the Hammerstein shows as it was in the same vicinity as MSG-

Beer and drinks are about $7 a pop here in NY/NJ at shows.

At Giants Stadium they rob you blind in parking fees as well and you have no choice in the matter but to park there since there is no other way to access the stadium if you have a car.

It's a sad price we have to pay after paying a lot of money already for tickets.

plus $50 in the parking lot for um,recreation fees.

What exactly does that mean?

Recreation fees=some fun stuff to smoke/snort/shoot before the show :lol:

Edited by bandita

All of those prices are totally outrageous. Fans are being fleeced and taken advantage of at every turn because they allow it to happen. The powers that be can charge these prices because they know that people will pay it. It's simple sixth grade economics, supply and demand. Until people refuse to stop paying these exorbinant amounts for tickets, parking, and concessions, it will continue. But I know that will never happen. This is a big reason that I haven't been to a show in eight years. It's simply too much trouble and too expensive.

All of those prices are totally outrageous. Fans are being fleeced and taken advantage of at every turn because they allow it to happen. The powers that be can charge these prices because they know that people will pay it. It's simple sixth grade economics, supply and demand. Until people refuse to stop paying these exorbinant amounts for tickets, parking, and concessions, it will continue. But I know that will never happen. This is a big reason that I haven't been to a show in eight years. It's simply too much trouble and too expensive.

To be honest it was the parking that really annoyed me, the car park was in such a poor state it really wasn't worth the £15 we had to pay but what can we do about it? I prefer to catch the train in, it's less than half an hour to Wembley, but we were already aware that the show would go on past the last train back. Your right regarding refreshments though, especially the drinks, the food wasn't too badly priced I suppose, I mean I'd of loved to have an alcoholic drink but I refused to pay the prices they were charging for it! At the end of the day though, it was an awsome night and I would do it all again, and intend to when they next play the UK!

Jo

To be honest it was the parking that really annoyed me, the car park was in such a poor state it really wasn't worth the £15 we had to pay but what can we do about it? I prefer to catch the train in, it's less than half an hour to Wembley, but we were already aware that the show would go on past the last train back. Your right regarding refreshments though, especially the drinks, the food wasn't too badly priced I suppose, I mean I'd of loved to have an alcoholic drink but I refused to pay the prices they were charging for it! At the end of the day though, it was an awsome night and I would do it all again, and intend to when they next play the UK!

Jo

We travelled down from the West Midlands intending to eat somewhere before we went into the Arena, but we got lost and the traffic was bad. Couldn't believe it when the guy said £15 for parking, we had paid £6 at the NEC four nights earlier, I told him I was only parking not buying it! As we were late we had to eat inside the venue. A naff hot dog on bread so rough it took the roof of your mouth off and NO onions. It would be nice not to be ripped off at gigs but we are easy targets and the vendors know it. Gone are the days when you can sneak alcoholic drinks in and get away with.

I was always able to sneak booze into a show. If you're absolutely intent on sneaking it in, here's a little trick. Put the booze in a ziplock bag and put it right in front of, well, you know where I'm talking about. If they do a pat down the chances are very slim that they will put their hands there. And if they do, the booze is in a soft bag and they probably won't feel it. But whatever you do, make completely sure that the bag is securely closed. I learned that one the hard way, so to speak.

I was always able to sneak booze into a show. If you're absolutely intent on sneaking it in, here's a little trick. Put the booze in a ziplock bag and put it right in front of, well, you know where I'm talking about. If they do a pat down the chances are very slim that they will put their hands there.

I don't think this would work for me unless I was having a gender issue that day! :question:

LOL that would be a good thread, where could we hide the booze? It would have to be by gender as each one could have a different safe place! How about a small bottle of vodka in the clevage?! I'm sure no one would be sticking their hand down there..............!

Jo

I was always able to sneak booze into a show. If you're absolutely intent on sneaking it in, here's a little trick. Put the booze in a ziplock bag and put it right in front of, well, you know where I'm talking about. If they do a pat down the chances are very slim that they will put their hands there. And if they do, the booze is in a soft bag and they probably won't feel it. But whatever you do, make completely sure that the bag is securely closed. I learned that one the hard way, so to speak.

I bet you were popular. :P

LOL that would be a good thread, where could we hide the booze? It would have to be by gender as each one could have a different safe place! How about a small bottle of vodka in the clevage?! I'm sure no one would be sticking their hand down there..............!

Jo

You do lead a boring life! :P

I was always able to sneak booze into a show. If you're absolutely intent on sneaking it in, here's a little trick. Put the booze in a ziplock bag and put it right in front of, well, you know where I'm talking about. If they do a pat down the chances are very slim that they will put their hands there.

I don't think this would work for me unless I was having a gender issue that day! :question:

You could say it was a colostomy bag! They'd soon move their hands.

What about the price of the disposable cameras they were selling, they were double the price of what they are in the shops. I guess I was stupid to listen to the rules and not take my own camera though!

Yes, I couldn't believe that it is OK to buy cameras inside the gig but you couldn't take your own in. I wish I had taken mine I would have had some great shots. That's what happens when you follow rules! :anger: