Who Is The Best Songwriter?

Marky

Songwriter's  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not denying their achivements. I just think their music is crap.

That's the same. I'm not talking about counting how many records someone has sold these are facts. I'm talking about musical appreciation. Abbey Road is a masterpiece you can't just say it's crap. you may not like it, that's ok, but you can't say "Abbey Road is crap" because than you deny their musical achievment.

Yes, I can. :huh:

The fact of the matter is that The Beatles piss all over Guns N' Roses when it comes to talent.

Well, whoever thinks GNR have more talent then the Beatles needs their head checked.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not denying their achivements. I just think their music is crap.

That's the same. I'm not talking about counting how many records someone has sold these are facts. I'm talking about musical appreciation. Abbey Road is a masterpiece you can't just say it's crap. you may not like it, that's ok, but you can't say "Abbey Road is crap" because than you deny their musical achievment.

Yes, I can. :huh:

The fact of the matter is that The Beatles piss all over Guns N' Roses when it comes to talent.

Well, whoever thinks GNR have more talent then the Beatles needs their head checked.

Didn't you say a few posts ago that you thought GN'R were better than The Beatles? :unsure:

No. I like Izzy music, but not Axl's.

When I talk about GNR's music, I always refer to Axl's music, not Izzy's.

The GNR songs that I like were written by Izzy. I don't like the songs Axl writes.

If the poll was for Band talent, then that would be different, but it's for who you think is the best song writer. I like Izzy's music, and I don't like Paul & John's music.

Izzy stradlin has never written a song in the calibre of "a day in the life", "wonderwall" or "live forever". These are songs that transcend into all types of music listeners. Why? because they are great songs FACT. I'd bet my own mother I wont be turning on the radio in 50 years time hearing an Izzy Stradlin song. He may have given Guns N Roses that creative nous or spark if you like, but that's it. He isn't a great songwriter, and neither is Axl. Both are just good.

The result of this pole is shameful and again shows the severe lacking of musically open minded and knowledgeable people on this board. Clueless bellends, there's a certain message board for you; the "guns n roses - discussion and news". Please refrain from your mindless, endless guns worship on here. All in vain, I know.

Edited by atom heart mother

Izzy stradlin has never written a song in the calibre of "a day in the life", "wonderwall" or "live forever". These are songs that transcend into all types of music listeners. Why? because they are great songs FACT. I'd bet my own mother I wont be turning on the radio in 50 years time hearing an Izzy Stradlin song. He may have given Guns N Roses that creative nous or spark if you like, but that's it. He isn't a great songwriter, and neither is Axl. Both are just good.

The result of this pole is shameful and again shows the severe lacking of musically open minded and knowledgeable people on this board. Clueless bellends, there's a certain message board for you; the "guns n roses - discussion and news". Please refrain from your mindless, endless guns worship on here. All in vain, I know.

You're definately wasting your time and effort AHM. The moment a GN'R member was put on that list with the vote count at zero for each person it was a formality that Izzy would win, now how should i know that?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Open minded, coming from you? Please.

Nothing Noel Gallagher's ever written can come close to what Axl and Izzy wrote for Guns n Roses, Wonderwall and Live Forever aren't good songs and they bore me to tears, A Day In The Life is a good song, But you saying Axl and Izzy are just "good" upsides Noel Gallagher is bollocks, Oasis are a hyped up average band that became big because of the 90s britpop era being filled with poor music, Why d'you think they never cracked America properly eh?, most americans take the piss out of Oasis from what i've seen and don't start telling me about where Be Here Now got in america as i don't care, they tried to break america and they couldn't, All great bands do...

Most people on here have a much better taste in music than you do, I can see from what you post in topics that Noel Gallagher tells you what to listen to as you seem to like all the bands he speaks well of, I have a mate who's a big Oasis fan and he comes out with the same old shit as you...

I mean you stating that people like N Gallagher and Richard Ashcroft are miles ahead of Jagger & Richards and Steve Tyler in songwriting ability is truely laughable, You should stick to Oasis and Verve message boards as most people on there will agree with ya.

Edited by T Patten

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Nothing Noel Gallagher's ever written can come close to what Axl and Izzy wrote for Guns n Roses, Wonderwall and Live Forever aren't good songs and they bore me to tears, A Day In The Life is a good song, But you saying Axl and Izzy are just "good" upsides Noel Gallagher is bollocks, Oasis are a hyped up average band that became big because of the 90s britpop era being filled with poor music, Why d'you think they never cracked America properly eh?, most americans take the piss out of Oasis from what i've seen and don't start telling me about where Be Here Now got in america as i don't care, they tried to break america and they couldn't, All great bands do...

Most people on here have a much better taste in music than you do, I can see from what you post in topics that Noel Gallagher tells you what to listen to as you seem to like all the bands he speaks well of, I have a mate who's a big Oasis fan and he comes out with the same old shit as you...

I mean you stating that people like N Gallagher and Richard Ashcroft are miles ahead of Jagger & Richards and Steve Tyler in songwriting ability is truely laughable, You should stick to Oasis and Verve message boards as most people on there will agree with ya.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Steven Tyler is one of the worst songwriters in the history of music and his band are one of the worst bands of all time, a true embarrassment to any genre of music. I could use 20 or more Oasis songs as pure examples of songwriting superiority and more people would agree than disagree. You're an Idiot if you think Jagger and Richards are individually greater songwriters than Noel Gallagher or Richard Ashcroft. This poll isnt about songwriting Duo's, bellend. By the way west ham are still shit.

Steven Tyler is one of the worst songwriters in the history of music and his band are one of the worst bands of all time, a true embarrassment to any genre of music. I could use 20 or more Oasis songs as pure examples of songwriting superiority and more people would agree than disagree. You're an Idiot if you think Jagger and Richards are individually greater songwriters than Noel Gallagher or Richard Ashcroft. This poll isnt about songwriting Duo's, bellend. By the way west ham are still shit.

George Harrison got it right when it comes to Oasis...

In a new interview in the Paris magazine, Le Figaro, Harrison rips into the Beatlesque bad boys of Oasis by saying - Oasis, deigns the Taxman, is just "not very interesting."

-------

The reason i stated Jagger & Riffhard instead of just one of them is because no matter how little contribution either had on the writing of a Stones song the track always went down as Jagger & Richards/Richard...

Last but not least, I know you support Liverpool and when i was at Anfield just over a week ago your true supporters clapped West Ham off of the field and that was most of them, Just like they did when i was at the cup final in may, West Ham were the better team in the cup final and every football fan knows that, so you saying we're shit is just jealousy which is all down to us signing Tevez and Mascherano.

George Harrison got it right when it comes to Oasis...

In a new interview in the Paris magazine, Le Figaro, Harrison rips into the Beatlesque bad boys of Oasis by saying - Oasis, deigns the Taxman, is just "not very interesting."

-------

The reason i stated Jagger & Riffhard instead of just one of them is because no matter how little contribution either had on the writing of a Stones song the track always went down as Jagger & Richards/Richard...

Last but not least, I know you support Liverpool and when i was at Anfield just over a week ago your true supporters clapped West Ham off of the field and that was most of them, Just like they did when i was at the cup final in may, West Ham were the better team in the cup final and every football fan knows that, so you saying we're shit is just jealousy which is all down to us signing Tevez and Mascherano.

Obviously because Liam called him a nipple.

West ham have got a great attacking spirit and their fans are superb, Liverpool fans will always applaud that. You signing Tevez and Mascherano has to be the dodgiest deal of all time, you're still nowhere near our quality though.