Freddie Mercury's Celebration Officially Cancelled

ronaldo9

Fucktards.

Can't they look past his sexuality and realise he was incredible in the time he was alive?

Even Catholics such as myself, we don't care about gays, despite what the Bible says (which people use against us to call us homophobes).

Fuck them.

See, the thing is, the headline says 'some muslims'. You really don't think if Freddie Mercury was from... the Vatican (The Vatican in this hypothetical situation being a proper state), that some people in the Church wouldn't have spoken up against him?

Why do you choose to ignore that some other muslims are off defending him and naming restaurants after him? Are you really that jaded and bigoted toward muslims?

I was talking about those specific Muslims. I guess I didn't make it clear enough :monkey:

Fuck allah! :anger::anger:

Cock sucking religious nuts; they are trying bring the world under their dictatership.

I URGE EVERYONE TO KILL ANY MUSLIM/CHRISTAIN/JEWISH OR HINDUI THEY SEE!

DIIIIIEEEE YOU CUNT!

Further retarded and uneducated insults will result in a ban - no questions asked!

On topic: I just think it's sad that certain people are so narrow minded REGARDLESS of their beliefs.

Hail Sir Freddy!! B)

UK SUBS.

Racisim is not tolerated on this board.

Urging people to kill other people is totally unnacceptable. Account banned.

Intelligent discussion is fine. Common sense is also fine. There's a way to disagree with something that's happened without resorting to racisim or hatred.

Here's a follow-up article. Its seems that they have decided to officially cancel the celebration. That's just sad in my opinion. :no:

Freddie Mercury Birthday Celebration Cancelled In His Homeland - Sep. 1, 2006

Launch Radio Networks reports: A celebration planned for this weekend in Zanzibar to honor native son Freddie Mercury has been called off due to religious protests. The population of the Tanzanian islands off the East Coast of Africa is primarily Islamic, and conservative Muslims threatened to disrupt the event, which would have marked the 60th anniversary of the late QUEEN singer's birth, according to the AFP news agency. Sheikh Azzan Hamdani of the local Association For Islamic Mobilization And Propagation said, "We were ready to join forces against the party because we had information that a number of gays from abroad had come to take part."

Organizer Simai Mohamed Saidi said, "We have decided to cancel the party after misleading and erroneous information was spread about it. I urge Muslim groups in the future to seek correct information from us instead of relying on rumors." Saidi, who owns the "Mercury's" theme restaurant in Zanzibar, had also intended to use the party to raise money for people with HIV/AIDS.

Local religious leaders felt that honoring Mercury, who was gay and who died of AIDS in 1991, would have gone against their faith, and that it would have brought shame to Zanzibar, where Mercury was born Farrokh Bulsara on September 5, 1946.

The local government had been asked to close the party down before it started. Officials, who never formally responded to the request, are said to walk a fine line between the needs of people who lead a secular lifestyle, a busy tourist industry, and religious conservatives. However, media outlets that are overseen by the government were told by the information ministry not to cover Saidi's Mercury event.

Taken from Blabbermouth