Axl's at VMA 2006 Show and Backstage, Sum Up

jack99

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl seemed happy to chat in the interview until the bloke bought up the album............! I've always been optimistic for this year as a release anyway but nice to have confirmation from the MAN!! I always said Axl wouldn't use the awards to announce a date, I still think the release will be announced when the focus is just on GunsNRoses and I don't think he'll do it with an interview either cos he doesn't like that sort of stuff. It'll turn up on our tvs in an advert nearer to Christmas maybe October announcement, November on sale.

Jo

This is not the first time Axl confirms the album will be out this year ;) . I didn´t need to wait till the VMA´s to believe it.

Within four months, most people on here WILL actualy hold a copy of Chinese Democracy in their hands.

It's weird to think about that!

But I have faith in it ^_^

What was also cool was to see how the interviewer guy was almost a bit scared or intimidated by Axl! :lol:

Being all cautious about what he was asking and making a lame joke only to apologise for it.

:lol: Yeah I noticed that!

Guest cherry_bomb
Within four months, most people on here WILL actualy hold a copy of Chinese Democracy in their hands.

It's weird to think about that!

But I have faith in it ^_^

What was also cool was to see how the interviewer guy was almost a bit scared or intimidated by Axl! :lol:

Being all cautious about what he was asking and making a lame joke only to apologise for it.

hell yeah! axl is an intimdatingly cool guy. but lovely ^_^ im so chuffed! 2006 rock3

:rofl-lol:

I actually noticed that. . . Axl does have some aura about him though. . . .

Imagine how stoked The Killers must have been afterwards though. . . "Wait a minute, were we just introduced on stage by Axl Rose??..." rock3

LA

Is it just me or did his scream sound kinda like the '02 voice is back? :huh:

Otherwise Axl looked cool as fuck during his speech. I love how he walked up, just looking like he owns the place. B)

yes his scream was a lil off :drevil:

Which really, he does. rock3

Thanx for all this stuff. Is there a possibility to download the backstage interview in video?

I'd love to have that too!

ditto I need a download.

Maybe they'll play the interview in the UK on the program(s) before the main event!

LP

To be honest I was a little surprised at how loud it was, and how people were still excitably cheering after it was over, especially with all those teenyboppers in the crowd who actually cheered for Ballsupshit.

I thought it would be a lame sort of polite clapping, but it was actually enthusiastic. Axl got about as much cheering as 50 cent and that other guy with him who kept on telling the crowd to make some noise, without asking for it.

Pleasant surprise.

To be honest I was a little surprised at how loud it was, and how people were still excitably cheering after it was over, especially with all those teenyboppers in the crowd who actually cheered for Ballsupshit.

I thought it would be a lame sort of polite clapping, but it was actually enthusiastic. Axl got about as much cheering as 50 cent and that other guy with him who kept on telling the crowd to make some noise, without asking for it.

Pleasant surprise.

He is still very popular. People just don't know what he does because he disappears for large amounts of time.

I could see kids jumping around, waving their arms at him and generally screaming their delight, but I'm not suprised as quite a lot of teenagers are into GnR, the concert at Wembley Arena was a mix of age groups, there were quite a few that were my age and older (30s) but there was also some in their 20s and a few teenagers and kids there. Don't underestimate Axl's appeal, the kids today need a rebelious icon as much as we did at their age, there isn't much around to pick from and Axl is still the best rebel in town! Problem is their parents (us!) won't be horrified at their choice this time, in fact my son often borrows my GnR cds!

Jo

I could see kids jumping around, waving their arms at him and generally screaming their delight, but I'm not suprised as quite a lot of teenagers are into GnR, the concert at Wembley Arena was a mix of age groups, there were quite a few that were my age and older (30s) but there was also some in their 20s and a few teenagers and kids there. Don't underestimate Axl's appeal, the kids today need a rebelious icon as much as we did at their age, there isn't much around to pick from and Axl is still the best rebel in town! Problem is their parents (us!) won't be horrified at their choice this time, in fact my son often borrows my GnR cds!

Jo

awwww, Im trying to do the same with my daughter, she's only 3 but I'm slowly feeding her GnR!!!

Jo

awwww, Im trying to do the same with my daughter, she's only 3 but I'm slowly feeding her GnR!!!

:rofl-lol:

Continue doing your job. It is our duty. :P

Jo

I'm trying to do the same thing with my six year old niece. Her mother lets her listen to that hip hop crap, but in time it should be no competition.

Rock On

Tbizzle

P.S.

On Topic. I thought the crowd was pretty loud considering it wasn't a very intimate setting. What ever happened to the traditional seats and in front of one stage. The place was turned into a maze. When do you think they'll change the name to the MTV hip hop/emo awards.

Tbizzle

My 3 year old can sing a few lines of Sweet Child of Mine (thought it might be the most appropriate one for her to start with!) She also recognises whose singing when GnR come on so she's well trained, my now teenager knew all about GnR from when he was a babe in arms! In fact you know what they say about it being good to play music to unborn babies, well guess what both of mine listened to............?!

Jo

Ya I was not surprised!! But to a certain degree yes since Rap and Hip Hop have taken over VMA shows - CAN YOU SAY ANNO-YING????????

Annoying? I'd rather eat a bullet.. you talk about hellish? I watched the whole thing gritting my teeth, waiting for his 25 seconds on stage... there better be a Cd this year now...lol..