Axl's at VMA 2006 Show and Backstage, Sum Up

jack99

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can watch the backstage interview on MTV On-Demand

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2006/?id=15390...p;siteMode=TWOX

Intersting note: "Axl says they are starting the US tour around Oct 24, although we're doing a few shows beforehand" That explains the sudden halt in shows being announed.

No i can't as i'm from the UK and it says content is blocked to anyone outside the US :fuckyou:

Please is anyone able to grab this from the site somehow??? :(

LIZ

I could see kids jumping around, waving their arms at him and generally screaming their delight, but I'm not suprised as quite a lot of teenagers are into GnR, the concert at Wembley Arena was a mix of age groups, there were quite a few that were my age and older (30s) but there was also some in their 20s and a few teenagers and kids there. Don't underestimate Axl's appeal, the kids today need a rebelious icon as much as we did at their age, there isn't much around to pick from and Axl is still the best rebel in town! Problem is their parents (us!) won't be horrified at their choice this time, in fact my son often borrows my GnR cds!

Jo

awwww, Im trying to do the same with my daughter, she's only 3 but I'm slowly feeding her GnR!!!

I go to the gigs with my son, he's as into them as me.....well nearly! When he was a teenager I could never shout 'turn that bloody row down as it was GnR, I used to shout turn it up!

At the gigs we went to there were people of all ages. I would say 8 or 9 year olds up to people in their 60's. Music transends age, religion and creed.

If you watch the clip, he gave away the exact date AND time of when CD will come out.

He approached from the exact left side of the stage and moved down. This means 9:00.

He smiled and switched the microphone between his hands twice, meaning PM.

He then screamed "Do you know where the fuck you are?" Well, I am in Phoenix, so yes I do and it's PST here so three hours behind New York.

He smiled and looked too his right. This is Chinese for November.

He then guestured with his left hand six time. Yes six!!! That means November 6th.

He then said "The Killers" In Greek that means 2006

It doesn't get anymore obvious than that!!! He may as well have written it on a t-shirt and waved a flag.

When he came out he got good clappings.

When he did the scream everyone went kinda quiet like "what the fuck was that?"

Maybe that's how you felt, but I urge you to watch the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erHghX2aiZ8

After-and during- the scream, there was a lot of clapping and some whooping as well. Nobody went quiet at all, there was no sense of bewilderment.

When he came out he got good clappings.

When he did the scream everyone went kinda quiet like "what the fuck was that?"

Maybe that's how you felt, but I urge you to watch the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erHghX2aiZ8

After-and during- the scream, there was a lot of clapping and some whooping as well. Nobody went quiet at all, there was no sense of bewilderment.

you see it how you see it, I'm saying what I heard and saw. Or maybe I've got hearing damage and my ears can't pick out the frequencies that crowd noise makes.

Edited by moreblack