Will single be a video release first, or radio?

Kaneda

It's safe to say (maybe it isn't in the GNR world) that sinlge will precede the album. Now if Axl is telling the truth and 2006 is the year, then 4 are less than 4 months from having CD in our stereos. Most likely 3 months since you want it out there before Thanksgiving.

Now how will they release the first single? Will it be an MTV video exclusive, followed by radio play? Or will it be radio off the bat? Who even listens to the radio anymore? Would probably be smarter to do something with Apple and iPod. Or maybe even host in on GNRs website for download.

Also, will they announce when/where the first single will be released? Or are we just going to hear it on the radio one day....it's a big moment, the first studio song from Axl is 10 years...I would think it would be a big deal to the music world.

Party of me just wished Chinese D was being hyped right now. Like huge CHinese Letters spelling out GNR in Times Square with a sub-head....the most anticipated Rock N Roll Album of All Time...Guns N Roses...Chinese Democracy...Freedom begins 11.20.06 Something exciting to get people talking.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's safe to say (maybe it isn't in the GNR world) that sinlge will precede the album. Now if Axl is telling the truth and 2006 is the year, then 4 are less than 4 months from having CD in our stereos. Most likely 3 months since you want it out there before Thanksgiving.

Now how will they release the first single? Will it be an MTV video exclusive, followed by radio play? Or will it be radio off the bat? Who even listens to the radio anymore? Would probably be smarter to do something with Apple and iPod. Or maybe even host in on GNRs website for download.

Also, will they announce when/where the first single will be released? Or are we just going to hear it on the radio one day....it's a big moment, the first studio song from Axl is 10 years...I would think it would be a big deal to the music world.

Party of me just wished Chinese D was being hyped right now. Like huge CHinese Letters spelling out GNR in Times Square with a sub-head....the most anticipated Rock N Roll Album of All Time...Guns N Roses...Chinese Democracy...Freedom begins 11.20.06 Something exciting to get people talking.

That's the best idea you've ever had! B)

UK SUBS.

Yeah, i agree.

GNR needs to fuckin hype up this album and do it fast!

Afternoon Kan.

You didn't bash, that's plausible.

I think hyping CD wouldn't go a miss here. Obviously Axl and GNR are self advertising, but for something this big I would want an explosion. Unless uncle Axl doesn't want that... but that would be crazy.

This had to get everywhere... MTV, radio, ipod... everything! And drop a release date at the same time.

Guest cherry_bomb

UK SUBS.

aye, its a good idea! i reaaaally hope they promote the fuck out of it. sod it, i might take matters into my own hands. who's with me?!

:unsure:

Spoon, you really make a lame comment. As if people on this board can't provide insight on how to promote this album. AXL has done ZERO promotion of this album on the European tour, which to me is worrying. Excuse of it we want some exciting promotion to surround this album's release. Leaving the promotion up to the GNR camp is the most worry-some thing imagineable. Axl is a musician, not a promotional genius. He needs to hand over the album and let the record company take it from here.

I love how on the last tour there were all of these CHinese Letters in the backdrop, yet no mention of Chinese D...ohhh, Axl you are such a master marketer...let's keep everything a secret until the month before the album hits, yeah, that's how it's done. Bullshit. Fucking Chinese D and GNR should be a synonymous phrase MONTHS before this album hits. For us loser fans it is, but to everyone else, it's not.

I'm pretty sure they will promote the fuck out of it. It doesn't necessairly need a 2 month per-release hype. The thing is, that as soon as the media are given any official PR stuff from the label/management they WILL run it.... so you can pretty much guarantee blanket coverage. No magazine/radio station/music channel will want to miss out the story if their competitors are running it. Every single record store will promote it massively once they are given the go-ahead.

The only thing that concerns me is the music press. Monthly titles will obviously need to know a month before the onsale date. So that doesn't leave much time considering that two of the big music mags that would cover GNR stuff are on deadline around 14th/15th October for the issues that go on sale mid-late November.....

So the next few weeks will be interesting.

It seems that everybody here knows more about promotion and building up hype than everybody in GNR... that's worrying.

What do you expect when they have a manager who is only useful when it comes to Ronnie James Dio Look-a-like contests...

2005 IS THE YEAR FOR GUNS N' ROSES!!!!

Edited by Charles Manson

Guest cherry_bomb

UK SUBS.

aye, its a good idea! i reaaaally hope they promote the fuck out of it. sod it, i might take matters into my own hands. who's with me?!

:unsure:

What have you got in mind? :unsure:

going to all the big cities across the UK and write 'CHINSE DEMOCRACY' along the landmarks...or something :unsure:

Spoon, you really make a lame comment. As if people on this board can't provide insight on how to promote this album. AXL has done ZERO promotion of this album on the European tour, which to me is worrying. Excuse of it we want some exciting promotion to surround this album's release. Leaving the promotion up to the GNR camp is the most worry-some thing imagineable. Axl is a musician, not a promotional genius. He needs to hand over the album and let the record company take it from here.

I know, my comment was meant seriously, I wasn't being ironic.