Head of Interscope heard

thomase

from guns reincarnate

Chinese Democracy before 2007

September 6th, 2006 at 4:47 pm (Rock)

Baz is now signed to Sanctuary management - just like GnR.

Again, this comes from inside Interscope: Jimmy Iovine (head of Interscope) has heard as many as 6 finished tracks off of Chinese Democracy. Interscope would like to get this album out soon… hopefully before the end of the year. —— Quote from insider, “It is really happening.”

Axl told John Norris the other night at the VMAs that it is coming this year.

My co-host on Talking Metal, John Ostronomy, was with Axl the other night - see news here. We will discuss this in next Monday’s episode of Talking Metal

Check out the RnR Geek show episode 190 for an intervew with Sebastian Bach. The Rock N Roll Geek show is my favorite podcast.

Also, A couple listeners of Talking Metal are starting their own podcast called “The Right To Rock!” - check it out.

The new Maiden rocks!

I am traveling non-stop this month… Indiana, New Mexico, California, South Jersey…. Checking out from midtown Manhattan.

Source: HERE

Fisished equates to:

All parts recorded

Edited

Mixed

Mastered

The final parts can take a while to come through. A month for mixing a big record is not unusual.

Also Silkworms, Oh My God are not likley to be on the record. Rhiad is also a little questionable.

Edited by life_247

I remember sometime not too far when people used to say: only when i heard Axl himself telling the release day i will believe.....

ok, we´ve heard him twice... from the man himself....

THIS YEAR MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he didn't give a date

he said this year and this fall

Head of Interscope wont give a fuck what the album sounds like. He will trust the people that work for him. Heads of labels are generally business men, out of touch with the music world for the past 10 years.

This is Guns' N' Roses, they haven't released anything in 10 years. :P

They still know what good music is, and this is a very important album for interscope.

Head of Interscope wont give a fuck what the album sounds like. He will trust the people that work for him. Heads of labels are generally business men, out of touch with the music world for the past 10 years.

This is Guns' N' Roses, they haven't released anything in 10 years. :P

They still know what good music is, and this is a very important album for interscope.

Yes, valid points. BUT the head of interscope wont ive a fuck. The reason he would listen to the album is to make it look to his senior management team that he does give a fuck.

6? Weren't there 26 finished songs in January? :question:

Jimmy Iovine (head of Interscope) has heard as many as 6 finished tracks off of Chinese Democracy.

and if he only heard 6 that doesnt mean he listened to hole CD ! :drevil:

Do you have any idea about Jimmy Iovine? I'd do a quick google or wiki on him before you declare that he is "out of touch with the music world". He's basically personally responsible for half the rap we hear today and has even tried his hand at producing for some of his artists. Doesn't sound like someone who "doesn't give a fuck to me". :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea about Jimmy Iovine? I'd do a quick google or wiki on him before you declare that he is "out of touch with the music world". He's basically personally responsible for half the rap we hear today and has even tried his hand at producing for some of his artists. Doesn't sound like someone who "doesn't give a fuck to me". :rolleyes:

SO thats the fucker I send my email to! :angry:

'sup Gig!?

Yeah either him or whoever runs MTV. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Gigger

Hey Gigger! Been a while since we've spoken. Yeah, I know a fair bit about Jimmy - and I can assure you he really doesn't give a fuck about listening to the album.

SO thats the fucker I send my email to! :angry:

'sup Gig!?

:rofl-lol: