New Iron Maiden album`

Powerage5

Well what does everyone think of the new Iron Maiden album? I think it's a masterpiece, and possibly the band's best album since Piece Of Mind. Made this thread to discuss the album. And let's keep it clean of the usual "MeTaLlIcA PwN3Z MaIdEn" shit we get when people discuss heavy metal. :heart:

And let's keep it clean of the usual "MeTaLlIcA PwN3Z MaIdEn" shit we get when people discuss heavy metal. :heart:

Fine...

SLAYER PWNEZ MAIDEN

I haven't heard it yet, although I can't wait to buy it. Although I heard this album is more of an epic-based album (and I'm not that much of a fan of Maidens epics; e.g. Rime of the Ancient Mariner), I'll buy it nonetheless because I'm a Maiden nerd. What's the best song on the album in anyones opinion?

I just started getting into them with this album, so I can't really compare it with their older stuff. I used to find them really silly with all the imagery and theatrics, but if you judge based on music alone they are one of the best heavy bands ever. Most people get more close-minded as they get older, but my musical horizons are much broader than even a year ago.

I just started getting into them with this album, so I can't really compare it with their older stuff. I used to find them really silly with all the imagery and theatrics, but if you judge based on music alone they are one of the best heavy bands ever. Most people get more close-minded as they get older, but my musical horizons are much broader than even a year ago.

Good stuff man ;)

Baught it two days ago, but I wouldn´t call it a masterpiece. Maby I haven´t get into it yet...

I still think both Brave New World and Dancing Of Death is better. Those are masterpieces ;)

I think this new album sometimes getting a bit ridiculous. It got too much of that red line who runs through all maidens songs. Still of course it has its highlights and is not a bad album at all.

Personally I prefer Bruce Dickinson over Maiden. That´s real great metal without getting ridiculous to much.

Actually the only metal I listen to.

I really like the new Maiden album, I do. But I think some of the new fans are a bit too hasty to praise it as "The Best Iron Maiden album ever", its good but not as good as the old classics from the Eighties. I for myself am a huge Maiden fan, I've seen them like 4 times live over the years, but GN'R really stole their thunder this year... I mean the fact that Chinese Democracy is said to be out this year (this time by Axl) I really wasn't that excited about the new Maiden, although Maiden is my second favorite band of alltime (number one is, oh yes GN'R). In the end its an Iron Maiden -album and I'm going to see them live this November... UP THE IRONS!

I dunno. From what I've heard of it, Bruce's voice sound really tired. It hasn't been long since they put the last one out, and it feels a bit workmanlike, like they just need it to justify another tour. A band with as large a backcatalogue as Maiden can't help but repeat themselves, specially when they put out albums so quickly. I've already got quite a few Iron Maiden albums, and none of the reviewers I really respect have rated it any higher than Dance Of Death or Brave New World (which I love).

And what's with that aweful title? It's so unimaginative, I'll get it confused with Dance of Death.

Edited by Maddergascar

Its a great album. There is no song on the album that immediately stands out as a bad song. They're all great.

Actually (I'll probably take some heat for this, but oh well) I don't find The Pilgrim too good. Everyone says it sounds so much like old Maiden, but all I really hear in it is The Prisoner, Flight Of Icarus, and maybe Revelations all jumbled together.

• 2 weeks later...

Great album!!

"A Different World" is the best album opener track since "be quick or be dead".

Personal favourites: "these colours don't run", "the reincarnation of Benjamin breeg", "a different world", "the pilgrim". Especially the last one made me chill as it reminded me of Maiden 's golden era (before the 90s).

This album was a great surprise for me, cause I was disappointed from the previous two (maybe more) albums.

Bruce ("air raid siren") proves once again what a great vocalist is! Steve Harris perfect as always! Anyway...the band seems to be united, in great "shape" and it rocks!

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!! rock3

Brave New World is awesome, that was the start of them going back to being one of the best.

As for the new one, I guess it's safe to say it's doing the best out of any stuff since the 80s...

11/09/2006A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH KILLS THE CHARTS WORLDWIDE!

EMI press release...

Metal legends IRON MAIDEN'S new album ‘A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH’ has not only been released to enormous critical acclaim across the globe but has also resulted in some of their highest chart placings ever. In addition to their Number One chart debut on the Billboard Pan-European Chart the album has now debuted at no.9 on the Billboard USA Chart on their US-label Sanctuary Records and at no.2 in Canada.

This is the band's first ever US Top 10 entry in their long and illustrious history and a remarkable achievement, this being their 14th studio album. The album is also No.1 in the US Independent Album Chart. It has even crashed in at No.4 in the official album chart in India which is far and away the highest placing any heavy rock act has ever achieved in that country.

Band founder Steve Harris comments; 'We really enjoyed the process of making this record and were delighted with the reaction. It’s very gratifying that our fans all over the world seem to agree by supporting us so strongly. We are now very much looking forward to the forthcoming tour and intend to play live as much of the album as we feel works in the set. This tour will be very different to the last one in terms of the songs we play and we will very much enjoy the challenge of playing this new material live.'

Manager Rod Smallwood adds; 'This is great news for the band, especially – finally - a Top 10 US Billboard entry. During the 80s we had six straight million-plus selling Platinum records and all of these would have been at least Top 10 under Soundscan with three or four probably debuting at No 1. Having said that though we are very pleased to finally make it and this, along with great sales all over the world and number one in Europe, really is a testament to Maiden's and Metal's ever increasing popularity. We very much look forward to starting our World Tour in the States and Canada in early October and if ticket sales are anything to go by it will be quite an event for our fans over there.'

Maiden's Top 10 US debut comes hot on the heels of the band's No.1 album in Europe on Billboard’s pan - European chart with nine No 1 and eighteen Top 5 chart entries in Europe alone. First week sales in the UK were also at their highest since 1990. In just the first week the new album has shipped over a million copies Worldwide and impacted on the charts pretty well everywhere in the World.

Next month the band start A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH WORLD TOUR which takes them initially into major arenas through North America, Japan and most of Europe with the majority of the dates already sold out. They will play to over half a million fans over 44 shows in 11 weeks in 18 countries.

CHART BREAKDOWN SUMMARY TO DATE

# 1 Germany, Sweden, Italy, Finland, Greece, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Brazil

#2 Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Hungary, Columbia

#3 Chile

#4 UK, Austria, Spain, India

#5 France, Ireland, Arabia

#6 Iceland, Belgium

#7 Holland

#8 Denmark

#9 USA

#10 Mexico

#11 Portugal, Japan

#12 Australia

#15 Hong Kong

#16 New Zealand

©1998-2006 IronMaiden.com Ltd.

Edited by moreblack

I think it's better than BNW and DOD, it's not a masterpiece, but it's really good.

So I think I have to thank Maiden for another good album and for the reason that they brought rock back to Germany and reached the first place. Actually, in the last few weeks rock-albums were on the top of the charts (at least here in Germany) with Maiden, Dylan, Mando Diao und Motörhead on the first four places. rock3

Edited by misch