Appetite For Destruction LPs

LCG

Hi; on Thursday I bought an AFD LP off Amazon UK Marketplace for £12 + shipping.

I wasn't sure if was the banned cover or not (and I couldn't be bothered to ask and wait for a reply). It arrived today and it was the AFD cross version with stickers, not sealed though.

It wasn't a gamble or anything as I'm happy with whichever cover. I'm going to wait some time until I find a sealed AFD banned LP with stickers.

I had a look on eBay.co.uk, searching for 'guns roses appetite lp' and most of them are banned covers (although none seem to be sealed at the moment). If I remember correctly the 'banned' cover wasn't banned in the UK. So is the AFD cross cover rarer than the banned cover in the UK?

I love vinyl, I've now got AFD 3 times over, the cross cover (vinyl) the banned cover (vinyl) and the CD!! LOL call me obsessed!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for UYI on Vinyl that would be sooo cooool.

Jo

I just need the banned one. All you need now is the cassette :P

I saw UYI I and II vinyl on eBay the other day. I ordered a UYI I cassette and a UYI II cassette the other day too.

Btw, are any of your AFD vinyls sealed or not? :heart:

I love vinyl, I've now got AFD 3 times over, the cross cover (vinyl) the banned cover (vinyl) and the CD!! LOL call me obsessed!!

Jo

I saw UYI I and II vinyl on eBay the other day. I ordered a UYI I cassette and a UYI II cassette the other day too.

my banned cover vinyl is sealed :wub:

Jo

my banned cover vinyl is sealed :wub:

Sell it to me :krider: :P

I hope I find a good one soon. Did you get yours off Amazon Marketplace or eBay (or elsewhere)?

Anyway, I ain't complaining. This will be on it's way to me soon :heart:

Anyone know what's in the box (if anything)?

Edited by LCG

i only just got it a month ago on ebay for about 30 euro

i won't be selling, i'll never sell my vinyls, i only have 3 and only one of them are gnr :)

its a regular item on sale on ebay but most aren't sealed

Did it have the stickers too?

I only have 2 vinyls atm, 1 GN'R, 1 Iron Maiden (Piece Of Mind)

Jo

No none sealed, the AFD cross version I bought when it first came out and was played constantly, still in bloody good condition though, the banned one wasn't sealed and didn't come with the stickers, my other half bought it off ebay for me and he missed bidding on the sealed stickers one but I was just chuffed that he knew I wanted it! Had the cassette (had most of my music on cassette originally!) but lots of my tapes got damaged/lost during the many moves I made.

Jo

i won't be selling, i'll never sell my vinyls, i only have 3 and only one of them are gnr :)

the sticker says:

includes the hit single

"sweet child o mine"

also "welcome to the jungle"

as featured in THE DEAD POOL

contains language which may be

unsuitable for some listeners

it also has a serial code but i couldn't be assed typing it :)

Edited by vicious

the sticker says:

includes the hit single

"sweet child o mine"

also "welcome to the jungle"

as featured in THE DEAD POOL

contains language which may be

unsuitable for some listeners

it also has a serial code but i couldn't be assed typing it :)

Nice ^_^

And @.Seal: Yeah, I've seen that. Although I don't think mine's Japanese. I think it was made in Germany :unsure:

@BarmyBritJo: Nice too B) Tapes are pretty cheap to buy so if you want them replaced they're only a few pounds on eBay/Amazon :)

Edited by LCG

Jo

i got more

i got cd, signed cd, lp, lp sealed, tape buy UYI 1 is my speciality

cd, cd signed, tape, LP sealed, lp, lp signed andsealed cd

Jo

i got more

i got cd, signed cd, lp, lp sealed, tape buy UYI 1 is my speciality

cd, cd signed, tape, LP sealed, lp, lp signed andsealed cd

Did you get them signed personally or sent them off to be signed or buy off eBay etc. signed?

Anytime I see an appetite record its usually the cross. Although the UYI vynl is quite rare in the uk.

Really???

I bought the UYI I and II in a street market..... Also I bought AFD (With the old cover)... All in Vynil....

It was an awsome day....

Anytime I see an appetite record its usually the cross. Although the UYI vynl is quite rare in the uk.

Really???

I bought the UYI I and II in a street market..... Also I bought AFD (With the old cover)... All in Vynil....

It was an awsome day....

I don't think they're that rare but they're rarer than AFD vinyls, I think :unsure:

Really???

It was an awsome day....

I don't think they're that rare but they're rarer than AFD vinyls, I think :unsure:

I dont know if they are that rare... Im starting to get addicted to Vinyl just now....

They say that once you start loving Vinyl you never stop....

Really???

It was an awsome day....

I dont know if they are that rare... Im starting to get addicted to Vinyl just now....

They say that once you start loving Vinyl you never stop....

True ;)

I meant UYI LPs are rarer than AFD LPs in general btw :)

Edited by LCG

Yeah Well I would also like a sealed LP version AFD

Well i want to buy the banned and the cross one

EDIT:

Look what i found :/ dunno if its new or is original

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N%3AIT&rd=1

Oh, I saw that one the other day. Nice buy ^_^

Although I doubt I'll be successful but I'm trying to find a sealed one with stickers :unsure: