Axl's not making this album for MTV

Kaneda

I turned on MTV this morning and listened to shit band after shit band whine and sing horrible songs. Like the fucking pussycat dolls have a song that's all about taking their clothes off? Who listens to this crap? When I listen to the new GNR music, of course there is nothing like it being played on MTV, but that doesn't mean it won't pull in that audience. When AFD came out, nothing like it was on MTV, and when UYI and UYII came out, nobody had ever produced such epic videos for rock ballads.

As much as I hate Axl's procrastination and endless tweaking, he's going to bring something new to the music landscape, something fresh. His voice alone is a fresh new breath of air. I played for one of my friends Better the other night and he's 27 years old and said, "Damn it's good to hear Axl's voice again." I think a lot of people are going to feel that way.

In a way it's strange to think that we are only 4 months at most away from deliverance. We've all waited so long and the journey has been shit, but hopefully Axl will deliver and we can all say, "I told you so." And hopefully the first video on MTV will blow everyone the fuck away...I really hope it's a song none of us have heard...the wait begins...

I turned on MTV this morning and listened to shit band after shit band whine and sing horrible songs. Like the fucking pussycat dolls have a song that's all about taking their clothes off? Who listens to this crap? When I listen to the new GNR music, of course there is nothing like it being played on MTV, but that doesn't mean it won't pull in that audience. When AFD came out, nothing like it was on MTV, and when UYI and UYII came out, nobody had ever produced such epic videos for rock ballads.

As much as I hate Axl's procrastination and endless tweaking, he's going to bring something new to the music landscape, something fresh. His voice alone is a fresh new breath of air. I played for one of my friends Better the other night and he's 27 years old and said, "Damn it's good to hear Axl's voice again." I think a lot of people are going to feel that way.

In a way it's strange to think that we are only 4 months at most away from deliverance. We've all waited so long and the journey has been shit, but hopefully Axl will deliver and we can all say, "I told you so." And hopefully the first video on MTV will blow everyone the fuck away...I really hope it's a song none of us have heard...the wait begins...

:blink: Kaneda.... that is not you.... mygnr has been hacked again... :scared:

But damn, i hope your right..

It will be a good day when CD is in our hands, and hopefully we can sit back and enjoy seeing GNR in the spot light again..... :xmassrudolph:

Very good post, Kaneda. I’m not sure how much MTV viewers will get into it though, although the history thing is spot on. I don't think he's looking for an immediate impact that GnR have had with pretty much every (original music) release so far.

I think the purpose of this album is so that the world can look back on it in years to come and think of it as a great piece of music. Whether it achieves all this is a different matter, but I think that's what he's hoping for. And I don't think just this album is going to be the point I think it will maybe take all 3 albums worth of material to get this point across. After these 3 albums it might be it for GnR! But I hope I'm wrong.

LP

Edited by Longpig

I think Kaneda's right. The time is ripe for a sea change. Music is so stale these days that 65 year-old retreads are copping top reviews and the air waves are choking on the stench of wretchedly lame pop groups and copy-cat rappers. The world needs a heavy dose of Vitamin Axl, hopefully in a horse-choking-sized suppository.

That was a good read. A bit strange that it was you Kaneda who wrote it, but I won´t make it personal at all.

Great post, simply!

And I agree with you. I think the time is right to let the beast out. Todays music is at it lowest state and can´t get much lower. Today people don´t know what they are missing, but when Axl has put his work out they will.

the funny thing about MTV and other useless networks like that...is that the masses LIVE to believe the media...esp in yankee-land...its like they eat whatever is spoonfed to them...and yesterday...9/11 its easy to see why when you are bombarded with that crap all day...i totally avoided the tv yesterday..cause i knew that was all that was going to be on..i mean its too bad that happened...etc etc and what about all the ppl that die in 3rd world countries every day from various curable diseases? :P anyway...its all about the music...nuff said.

I turned on MTV this morning and listened to shit band after shit band whine and sing horrible songs. Like the fucking pussycat dolls have a song that's all about taking their clothes off? Who listens to this crap?

apparantly you do..

I watched that VMA at MTV <_< ...and after 20 minutes I felt that maybe should be more appropriate that MTV should be renamed into NTV (Negro TV) :chef: :lol::lol::lol:

...and than Axl comes and there was a hardly noticing difference between P.DIDDY and some other rappers with that now POPPULAR SUITS and CROSSES around neck and every fucker thanked GOD!!! (Jesus, if God was watching this, he was probably laughing very loud there)...so...Willy, let's betta go with da flow or Madison will something had to throw :lol:

i agree with you Kaneda

Amen to that brother