U2 And Green Day To Record Song Together For Charity

jack99

Should be cool to hear! B)

England (AHN) - U2 and Green Day are joining musical forces to help raise money for charity. The two

major rock bands will be recording their version of The Skids' "The Saints Are Coming." The song was a

minor hit in the late 1970s.

On their website, Green Day revealed that U2 asked them to help record the song for charity. The song will

help raise money for The Edge's charity Music Rising.

The charity helps replace instruments that were lost from last year's devastating Hurrican Katrina.

U2 have begun working on their next piece of new material, an album with producer Rick Rubin.

Green Day's next album release will be the follow up to "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb." The record

album won them five Grammy Awards including Album Of The Year.

According to bbc.co.uk report, the band says they believe it's important to "raise awareness."

"New Orleans has always been a special city to us, being a hotbed of music and creativity, and it's hard to

believe parts of the Gulf region still remain devastated. We feel that it's important to raise awareness," they

said.

Source: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004818774

U2 have begun working on their next piece of new material, an album with producer Rick Rubin.

Green Day's next album release will be the follow up to "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb." The record

I guess U2 is working on their follow up to American Idiot? :drevil:

^ that's exactly what i thought :rolleyes:

^ that's exactly what i thought :rolleyes:

so who's working with rick rubin then green day or U2?

:unsure:

I saw a news clip on t.v. today about this...AND...they also said that U2 and Green Day are playing live together before some U.S. football game next week.

The news flash went by quickly...but I think the team started with a p (Patriots maybe??).

i hate hate hate hate hate U2 :angry:

worst band ever. and they are the worst band to pick to play at a football game of all fucking places. They need a band thats going to rock the crowds socks. not make them want to douche.

agreed. theres somethin so limp wristed, middle of the road and safe about them. like rock n rolls answer to elevator or call waiting music. green day aint fuckin far behind either.

Edited by frankwhite

worst band ever. and they are the worst band to pick to play at a football game of all fucking places. They need a band thats going to rock the crowds socks. not make them want to douche.

agreed. theres somethin so limp wristed, middle of the road and safe about them. like rock n rolls answer to elevator or call waiting music. green day aint fuckin far behind either.

Ha agree with both of you :rofl-lol:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'd rather see U2 or Green Day play before an NFL game as opposed to:

-Nelly

-Black Eyed Peas

-Pink

-Ashley Simpson

At least these guys play instruments and don't lip-synch.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'd rather see U2 or Green Day play before an NFL game as opposed to:

-Nelly

-Black Eyed Peas

-Pink

-Ashley Simpson

At least these guys play instruments and don't lip-synch.

Agreed