I know this doesn't go here....

GNR 1991

So, I am a little intimidated going to GN'R on the 20th at The Warfield. I am only 15, would this be dangerous, and I am going by myself. I am not sure, where I get seats in the venue, btw, this will be my first concert. I just need some advice on this thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

15?

first show?

So...you're NOT used to being crushed to the point of not being able to breath...and drunks rolling over your head and boots in your teeth.

I'd suggest not going down front then...seeing as you're nervous.

It's NOT dangerous to go alone (no one's going to know you're alone...unless you tell them).

It's a small venue...hang back out of the madness and enjoy the show.

Edited by zint61

Try to find a nice spot to seat, from where you'll be able to have a good view to the stage. Since it's your first concert, try to avoid too croudy places cause you might get hurt by accident, while ppl dance and jump.

And have a small bottle of water with you during the show, in case you feel thirsty or dizzy. Avoid drinking any alcohol in there, cause you're going there all by yourself.

We 've all been in the past in the same position as you. Be carefull and everything is going to be just perfect! :)

Enjoy the concert!! :D

Since it's your first concert, try to avoid too croudy places cause you might get hurt by accident, while ppl dance and jump.

To be honest, the GN'R concert was also my first concert and I was 1-2 rows away from the stage. And I didn't get hurt or anything, allthough we were bouncing around. But I mean, it's just a concert.

current setlist: check back after tonight's show

arrival time: midnight should do it ;)

seriously...if you plan on hanging back and enjoying the show...no need to stand in line all day (it can be fun though,hanging with other Gunners and shooting the shit)...that's your call.

But if you don't want to wait all day,plan to arrive around the time your ticket says the doors open...or even a half hour or so after that(you'll avoid the long line).

I went to Hammerstein in NYC about an hour after the doors opened and walked right in,found a great spot on the floor and was fine.

BTW...GnR in the 21st century...in NYC...down front was fucking mental!!!

I went to my first concert to see GNR this year, at the age of 16. I was right down the front, lots of jumping around, if you do go down the front, jump WITH the crowd because it's fun to be moved along with them, just prepare to get covered in water, sweat (not just your own, btw) beer, and such Wear shoes that aren't slip ons too, otherwise from all the jumping, you'd probably lose them XD. I wore my Converse, pretty tight and I still nearly lost one of them.

As for being alone, I went with a friend too who was also a first timer at any concert, we were nervous, but we got chatting to the people planning on going down front as we got there early, stuck around with a guy who was a bit older, 20 or so and he assured us we'd be fine. He was right. So see if there's anyone who you can chat to, do so. Other than that, go where you're comfortable with, I mean, down the front if you're brave, a reasonable distance if you're nervous. Or do what I did. Down the front until you really can't take much more, THEN get a reasonable distance away. That way you get to experience both the lively shit down at the front, especially for the 3 opening songs, and further back later on, to have a calm experience to just enjoy the music.

Just enjoy the show your own way, you'll have a fucking great time.

Pits aren't that dangerous unless you're very little and weak. Mostly if you're a girl, people watch out for you. But you're not a girl soo...people don't really care much but nice people will help you up if you fall and stuff.

I wouldn't expect a gorey mosh pit at a GN'R concert anyway, so don't take it so seriously from some people saying to watch out and stuff in the floor area. :rolleyes: But try to stay away from the front in the beginning, once the band comes out, people always or usually pushes everyone towards the front and you'd get squshed. I didn't know that for my first concert. I was pretty trapped until I finally got out. :lol: Oh, and avoid big people moshing......they could fall on you or end up hitting you in the face. :no:

Guest cherry_bomb

you'll be fine. when i see gnr shows im pretty much by myself, its not like you can have a conversation with someone and its pretty hard to stay in the same spot as your friend. as long as u get there and back ok, the rest will be a doddle. just use your common sense (i hope you have some) and find the right spot in the pit.

15?

first show?

So...you're NOT used to being crushed to the point of not being able to breath...and drunks rolling over your head and boots in your teeth....

haha.... Brings back wonderful memories. :laugh:

I've been going to concerts since I was about 11, and I used to camp out all day long so that I could get right to the front when the doors opened. It was madness -- but it was fun. Great times.

You'll be fine dude. As Zint said, you might want to stand back the first time so that you can see how it is in the mosh pit. And then move in if you feel comfortable. You might feel more comfortable if you brought a buddy with you. Any chance you can drag a friend along? Either way - you'll have a great time.

Have fun!

I was only a couple of years older than you when I went to my first GnR concert, don't worry you'll be fine mate, Guns and Roses fans are some of the best I've met and you'll be looked out for, just enjoy the show and be careful not to get pushed if your too near the front by the stage, people just surge forward so you'll need to keep on your feet! I'm a short-arse so I still have some trouble with that one!!

Jo

So, I am a little intimidated going to GN'R on the 20th at The Warfield. I am only 15, would this be dangerous, and I am going by myself. I am not sure, where I get seats in the venue, btw, this will be my first concert. I just need some advice on this thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dont worry dude, im only 16 and i survived! :)

Even tough i couldent breaht properly during wttj, its so easy and mr brownstone....

Thanks

Some violence in the crowd is possible. However you will feel more safe during the show than afterwards. Well whatever, unless you are going to another continent all by yourself without anyone knowing about your journey you shold be safe. The God of Rock will protect you dude rock3 amen!

Yea, and try to get a place in the first row, they give you water there.

Edited by zara mama