Regarding the Album

Madagascar88

looks like the album isn't quite as close to completion as I might've thought.

they were recently (i.e. the past week) working on back-up vocals for certain tracks on the album which although is described as being one of the last steps in the completion of the record still isn't quite the finished product I expected by this point (for a 2006 release).

however, it is a hopeful point to relate that the band members do realize the importance of releasing the album towards the success of this most recent US tour.

Not sure I see the problem if it is one of the last steps. There are still 3.5 months left in the year. With the band starting to do some shows I think it's probably safe to say that their work is pretty much done, and that whatever they need to still do they can do on various off days. I would guess most of the work now falls onto the record company and what not.

It's obvious GN'R are targeting mid to late October to really get the ball rolling, so I would tend to look to that time period for the next major development.

even if they are still recording backup vocals and other shit, i wouldn't worry. you'd be surprised how small of a gap there is between an album's completion and its release in many instances. this gap can get even smaller if it's a big artist or a highly anticipated record. u2's pop album was released about 2 weeks after they finished it.....bono recorded the last vocal for the record on the morning the album was to be mastered. granted, that's cutting it really close. obviously they'll want chinese to hit shelves while the band is on tour, before x-mas. that being said, i bet it comes out the first or second week of november.

looks like the album isn't quite as close to completion as I might've thought.

they were recently (i.e. the past week) working on back-up vocals for certain tracks on the album which although is described as being one of the last steps in the completion of the record still isn't quite the finished product I expected by this point (for a 2006 release).

however, it is a hopeful point to relate that the band members do realize the importance of releasing the album towards the success of this most recent US tour.

I know you've posted news and cool intereviews with Dizzy before but you have to provide a reliable source for this information, just like everyone else.

They Shouldn't be doing shows ... that makes me angry ... IS IT SO HARD to face it and record the album ??

WHY A BAND like GNR ( that i love so much ) can't produce a album in 4 years ( in the case that they have done everything only since 2002 ).

Anyway, thanks for the news ...

Let's see , i have always doubted that 2006 would be the year, i hope i'm wrong ... but seems not

I don't think the backing vocals are necessarily the last thing they record. I mean, let's say that they are. None the less, there will always be the evaluation of the finished track in the end.

That's when Axl & co will hear what a track really sounds like and needless to say, it's very likely that they wanna change a few channels at that point.

I don't think they want to edit it after they have sent it to get mastered/mixed.

I guess someone will tell us when the album is sent away for mixing. THEN we're talking at least 3 weeks of work and another 2 weeks of distribution.

I'd say late november is likely.

yea well i kinda do agree with you, but in the UYI tour they didnt play every song from the album, they played a mixed amount from AFD and UYI's, but i would think that gn'r would have maybe added one new song to the tour unless they just want to keep 1 or 2 songs that are awsome secret till the album is released.

We've had so many theories/posts regarding the album being in the mastering phase... backup vocals would be done before mastering. All tracks will be complete when it goes for mastering. If it's not being mastered yet then realize that there's still 3-4 weeks of work to do on the album for that process. Of course, that's assuming that they do it right and don't rush it just to get it out as spending less time than that would just degrade the final quality of the work.

If they KNOW that it will get to mastering in time to be finished by a particuliar date they could start the promotion of the album before it's actually mastered. Either way, we've got to see some promotion by mid october for a November release (What a lot of people expect)

If we don't see it then there is still the off chance that we see things crank up mid November for a December release.....we'll know soon enough it seems. :unsure:

If what you say is true, then it'd be pretty cool if they add Ron to do some backing vocals, he has an awesome voice and has done some cool backups before, and that way Bumblefoot will be included on Chinese Democracy ^_^

oh nice thought, totally agree, would be really cool. Still, I have to say this is opposite of all the rumors floating about that ChiDem is already being mastered.