Crossroad Blues/Crossroads

adnan

Choose  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thoroughly despise the guitar and vocals on the 2:41 version. It just sounds odd, and wrong. The next track on the CD (2:32 version) has much better guitar, a more enjoyable riff, and it's really very well structured, there are some lyrical changes which make it more focused. All around, out of the two Robert Johnson tracks, I prefer the 2:32 version, because it's a classic blues song, I love everything about it.

But, "Crossroads" by Cream has to be the winner for me. The guitar playing from Clapton, and the bass from Jack are sublime. It's a truly iconic recording to me, unlike the 2:32 version from Johnson. It's a shame Bruce didn't sing it, I would've prefered his vocal to Clapton's.

I haven't heard the Robert Johnson versions. So my vote goes for Cream.

It has much more energy

:huh:

I agree with you in any case.

I would upload them for you, but I know you can't play music...

Yeah, man. I've been missing out on so much music. Yeah, my last post was a bit ironic, haha.