Axls mic thrown and then taken back?

pl

after the sunday night show, i was heading back to my room upstairs. three guys were in the elevator with me. i asked them if they went to the show and they said, "yeah, he caught axl's mike," pointing out one of the guys, but that a security guard tapped him on the shoulder and took the mike back as they were leaving the theater. i said, "did you ask him why?" and they replied that there was no reasoning with him. i was like....i wonder why? that just doesn't make sense to throw it out into the audience and then have someone go out and take it back. and they said, "i guess he doesn't want to buy a new mike." i said, "so axl looks like he's giving his mike to some lucky fan every night and no one knows the truth but the person who caught the mike. i bet people are busting each others heads to get that mike- worse than bridesmaids gunning for the bouquet thrown at a wedding, and then to have a security guard take it back, it's terrible." they were like, "yeah, he dove onto the ground to get that mike." sounds fucked up and like a total bummer. has anyone else heard of such things? do you think axl has them do it? or did the security guard just take it upon himself to do that?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the guy was smart, he would have put it in his pocket. This is definitely a case of the guard noticing it, and taking it for himself.

I have to agree.

The actions of the security guard seem dodgy at best. I wouldn't be surprised if the mic ended up on ebay.

If the guy was smart, he would have put it in his pocket. This is definitely a case of the guard noticing it, and taking it for himself.

I have to agree.

The actions of the security guard seem dodgy at best. I wouldn't be surprised if the mic ended up on ebay.

But if the security asshole saw who caught it, then i'm sure he'd find it regardless of the fan having it in there pocket or not.

Security at concerts are becoming a fucking joke.

I was at the Saturday night show and the security guards working the door were extremely rude and nasty, there was no talking to them. They wouldn't even let me back in The Joint to buy a t-shirt which I am still very upset about. Judging from the behavior that I observed, this story sounds totally believable.

But if the security asshole saw who caught it, then i'm sure he'd find it regardless of the fan having it in there pocket or not.

Security at concerts are becoming a fucking joke.

Axl threw the mic in the middle of the crowd. There were 1500 people there. It was pretty hard to see with all those heads and hands who actually caught it. Besides, security has a right to frisk you on the way in, but I've never heard of being frisked on the way out!

it's the security guy on a power trip. once, matt sorum gave me his drumsticks and 2 songs later this dickhead security guy takes my fucking drumsticks away and gives them to some bitch standing by him. If i caught Axl's mic, it would go either in my pocket or down my pants. If some security guy tried to take it, well, he'd have a fucking fight on his hands, and i'm guessing a microphone in the mouth will take out some teeth.

There were a few people that went for the mic and the guard actually hit one of them from what I was told after the show.

These are employees of the Hard Rock, not GNR. They were dressed in Hard Rock Security shirts and they were all gigantic except one guy up front by the barricade with a ponytail.

That being said I still would have taken it and run or if I had it in my hand and he went for it I would have knocked him in the head and run saying this :fuckyou: on my way out!

Just once I'd like to see this happen.

-Axl throws the mic into the crowd. A fan makes a clean catch, the sound guy is asleep at the wheel and forgets to turn the mic off. The fan starts screaming things into the mic for a few seconds, crowd goes wild.

On topic, I blame the security guard, but it wouldn't surprise me if Axl tells security at each show (indirectly) to try and get the microphone back. The security is there to keep the fans in line, protect the band and equipment.

The last GnR show I attended was in Kansas City 1992 @ Arrowhead Stadium. After "Paradise City", Axl went to the edge of the stage and softly said "You ready" into the mic, and threw the mic towards the sound board. I think he was trying to throw it to one of the sound guys/roadies, not a fan. Just a guess.