Jimi

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

hendrixbn0.jpg

I'd like to talk about Jimi a little bit, and I hope some nice members would like to talk about him as well. I love Jimi Hendrix, for his music, how he has influenced my life, his love for people and passion for experimentation. I don't think Jimi would care about our debates on whether he's better than Clapton or Jimmy Page or anyone else. He made music that he wanted to be beautiful, music that would touch the people and bring them joy. I get sad when I listen to Jimi, because I know that he had alot more in him before his passing. The album he was working on would've been the greatest in Rock history, I believe that without a doubt. It doesn't seem to me that he was taken at the right time, and it's hard to believe a death that occured nearly 30 years before my birth affects me so much.

Rest in peace Jimi!

He was the greatest and most infuencial guitarist of all time, in my opinion. People say he sucked and hes overrated because of his technical abuility and all, comparing him to virtuosos and shit :rolleyes: Of course there are guitarists who can play faster, but Id like to see a virtuoso write a song like Red House, The Wind Cries Mary, or Voodoo Child. You can play as fast and percise as you want but to be a great guitarist you have to be a great musician, and at the end of the day its what playing guitar is all about... no shit

Hendrix was an amazing musician, he will never be forgotten.

Red House is a Buddy Guy song isnt it?

Anyway, I really do love Hendrix, he was the whole package really, could kick ass at guitar, could hold his own singing, had the looks and had a very cool swagger about him.

Personally, i would rate him as one of the best rythym guitarists, jsut listern to his songs, they have such a cool funk underlying them. I'm not the biggest fan of his solos, except Machine Gun which is pure genius.

Actully im gonna go listern to it now.

I love Jimi Hendrix. To me, he is one of those guitarist that could really care less what people said (even though I heard he was always aware of commentary and things of the like, not in a conceited manner). He made music because he loved it and for the sake of making something beautiful and touching. It's really sad to know that he died at such a young age. Although he did a lot for such a short career, I'm sure we all felt he had much more to give and hell, I'm sure he would've continued to give until his heart and soul decided to give up. His stage persona is magnificent. Jimi had this aura that no one else had, at least at the time. Everytime I watch him perform, I'm convinced that he's having the time of his life. Contrary to his stage persona, I heard he had this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going for him. I've heard that he's very shy and reserved but on stage he's was a mad man, in the early bit of his career.

To conclude, who knows how the state of music would be now if legends such as Jimi Hendrix were still alive today. True musicianship would be greatly appreciated as oppose to the puppets we're generating in the now.

I won't include my petty debates about who is better etc. here.

Bottom line is that Jimi Hendrix was a great musician, and that "Are You Experienced?" and "Electric Ladyland" are two of the greatest albums ever.

Jimi rocks, and his spirit will forever live on.

Words simply cannot do justice to the man and his music. Not only was he a brilliant player and showman, but he had an incredible songwriting ability and had so many sounds within him that new effects had to be invented to record them. There is probably nothing I could say that hasn't been said in the past more eloquently than I could ever express, but the music is timeless and speaks for itsself. I wish more than anything that I had been alive to see him perform and cannot imagine what he would be capable of doing with modern recording technology. There are stories that he was planning some sort of collaberation with Miles Davis, and that is something that I try my best to imagine. It would have been the most mind-blowing music in history I am certain. A studio jam with John McLaughlin that I have makes this clear to me.

His music has been a constant reminder of the potential of the human spirit to create beauty in a world that is often quite cold and cruel. and no one I have ever heard has channeled the spirit of God/collective unconscious/universe(whichever you may prefer according to your belief system.)

Every note he played evokes both joy and sadness within me, and it is a beautiful gift that Jimi gave the world that has never been surpassed and probably never will be.

I love Jimi Hendrix and I think he was one of the main reasons I first picked up a guitar. Whilst I'm sure many people surpass him with technical ability these days, he is, for me, one of the most inventive guitarists who ever lived. Every time i have a good listen to his music I hear something new, something I've never noticed before, and I can't say that for many other artists.

Legend. rock3

Hendrix is my favourite musician ever.. been listening to him since I picked up guitar when I was around 11 or 12 and I got hooked every since. Every album, every piece of music is just perfection, his guitar playing, his voice, his lyrics and the 'togetherness' of his music was just something else. No one comes close to the man.

Edited by stratomaster