Fav Bob Dylan Album?

Nightrain_Kid

It's hard because Highway 61 is just pure cool and Blonde on Blonde is an absoloute epic with a great mixture of tracks but im gonna have to say Blood on the tracks because of the stripped down honesty of it all, tracks like you're a big girl now and if you see her say hello are just so touching and idiot wind is just fucking nasty, opinions people

It's hard because Highway 61 is just pure cool and Blonde on Blonde is an absoloute epic with a great mixture of tracks but im gonna have to say Blood on the tracks because of the stripped down honesty of it all, tracks like you're a big girl now and if you see her say hello are just so touching and idiot wind is just fucking nasty, opinions people

the first one n freewheelin

Eh, I was sure I'd be the first one to say Blood on the Tracks, but I guess not. I just love how raw and honest it is. I mean - Tangled Up in Blue, If You See Her, Say Hello, You're a Big Girl Now, Simple Twist of Fate... :wub: Only Idiot Wind is terribly overrated off that one. :huh:

Eh, I was sure I'd be the first one to say Blood on the Tracks, but I guess not. I just love how raw and honest it is. I mean - Tangled Up in Blue, If You See Her, Say Hello, You're a Big Girl Now, Simple Twist of Fate... :wub: Only Idiot Wind is terribly overrated off that one. :huh:

I really think idiot wind is such a great epic song but i know from a previous dylan thread that a few people here dont like it, c'mon people dont be idiots :laugh::rolleyes:

Probably Blood on the Tracks if I had to choose one. Though Blonde on Blonde comes very close with Bringing it all Back Home.

Recently I have been listening alot to his more recent releases: Time out of Mind, Love and Theft, and the new Modern Times. He really is back on top form as these last 3 albums show.

And Idiot Wind is an epic. The emotion in his voice is intense.

My favourite is "Blood On The Tracks". The introspection, the lyrics, the stripped down music and the feel you get from his voice just doesn't compare to any other record.

"Highway 61 Revisited" is a groundbreaking record and is magnificent. "Like A Rolling Stone" is a classic, but the long "Desolation Row", "Tombstone Blues" and my personal favourite off of it, "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry" are awesome as well.

"Modern Times" is also a phenomenal record, some of Dylan's best work is in his latest record.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I'm going to say John Wesley Harding right now, I just think he captures America so well on that one. It's my favorite, although both Blonde On Blonde and Blood On The Tracks are closer to my heart.

Changes all the time for me. Obviously, Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the Tracks, and Highway 61 are clear frontroners all the time. I'm gonna add a few that haven't been mentioned to the list: Infidels is always a good one (I'm all about Sweetheart Like You). I'm also a big fan of The Trillogy: Time Out of Mind, Love & Theft, and now Modern Times. Those three have some very different stuff from any of Bobby's other periods and really stand out. Also gotta give a shout out to The Basement Tapes - wonderful jams with the Band - and Before the Flood - a live album featuring The Band. I can't just pick a few, though. Bob is my favorite artist of all time, and to confine myself to just a few albums is impossible.