football

thomase

are you talking about a new song?

a lot of stadiums already play Welcome to the Jungle over the loudspeakers at football games.

i think the intro to chinese democracy would be pretty good to pump up the crowds too.

or do you mean like at the super bowl half-time show?

open with chi-dem, play madagascar, and close with better :)

Edited by odecom5

are you talking about a new song?

a lot of stadiums already play Welcome to the Jungle over the loudspeakers at football games.

i think the intro to chinese democracy would be pretty good to pump up the crowds too.

if gnr ever do a show at a football game whould song whould you pick any song whould do

None of the new songs would work... right now. The Super Bowl is all about ratings and 'family entertainment' during the half time show, especially since the Janet Jackson incident. They want popular 'sing along', or at least, famaliar tunes for all ages of viewers.

PC or WTTJ would not be accepted... too many explicit references to sex, drugs and generally a pretty lousy lifestyle. There's no arguement in the fact they already play WTTJ... 99% of the time it fades out right before the lyrics kick in usually after a kick-off. Likewise, like I said, none of the new songs would work... none of them are popular. Anyone that thinks Chinese Democracy will even be a hit on the radio, much less during the Super Bowl halftime show, are smoking crack. Maddy though, if it were a popular hit, would be a nice fit I think.

The only three songs that I can picture the NFL even remotely considering would be Sweet Child of Mine... November Rain... and even though it's a cover, Knockin' on Heavens Door. KOHD I think would actually be pretty cool... imagine Axl getting a Rose Bowl sized stadium to all sing along:)

Despite the previous posters comments, Chinese Democracy will be a rocking anthem. Probably not the kind of material for a 'family friendly' football game though.

I would suggest something generic like SCOM combined with something new like Madagascar would work well.

Actually, I was just thinking today the band should play the superbowl. Swearing isn't an issue if it's once or twice, the Rolling Stones were on a 5 second delay last year and the still played Start Me Up and Rough Justice. If they did it, it would probably be something like the Stones did, standard opener, new song, standard closer. Which would mean Welcome To The Jungle, possibly Better or something we haven't heard yet, and Paradise City. What a set!

for a halftime of a super bowl or something like that.... whatever....

theyd HAVE to do a supermix.... of the following.... and this order

Jungle-Nightrain-Better-Paradise City

and we would be very very very lucky to see nightrain/better, cause theyd probably be forced into SCOM by the networks cause they are a bunch of fuckers

for a halftime of a super bowl or something like that.... whatever....

theyd HAVE to do a supermix.... of the following.... and this order

Jungle-Nightrain-Better-Paradise City

and we would be very very very lucky to see nightrain/better, cause theyd probably be forced into SCOM by the networks cause they are a bunch of fuckers

I think you've got a great mix there...although, wouldn't you just love for them to do something like Rocket Queen? Wouldn't that just throw the censors through the loop? :P

Is it just me or is the answer obvious? I mean, if GN'R were to play in the Superbowl in February they would probably play the first two singles off of Chi Dem. If not two then for sure they'd play one new single and one oldie. Probably Jungle. Jungle is perfect for football. And no, it's not too "dirty". There's a pretty big difference between nudity and Welcome to the Jungle, a song you can hear today almost everywhere uncensored, since there is, well, nothing that needs censoring. But it doesn't even need to be WTTJ, it could any of the band's big hits. There's plenty to choose from.

Edited by KBear