Is it safe for me to take photos at a GN'R show?

Shadow_guns

depends where your seats are i guess. i brought my camera to the concert, i was sitting in the first bowl (of seats) equivalent to where the closest blueline (im talking hockey) to the stage and i never got caught

In 2002, they tried to get my camera, but I manage to keep it .. I won't do it again trust me!

at the ACC, all they did was put that metal detector around me, i stuck my camera in my inside coat pocket, and stuck my wallet in front of it, i got it in no sweat

In 2002, they tried to get my camera, but I manage to keep it .. I won't do it again trust me!

at the ACC, all they did was put that metal detector around me, i stuck my camera in my inside coat pocket, and stuck my wallet in front of it, i got it in no sweat

Me too, it was during the concert

I have strapped mine around my leg a few times for shows and then covered it with my boot but I never tried for GNR just because I have heard all of the horror stories of getting kicked out.

Personally I would rather just enjoy the show anyway. I have been way up front for the last 4 shows I saw so I certainly didn't want to chance making Axl hate my guts for flashing in his face.

i was taking some pics at the may 12th show...i was right near the stage on the floor...some dude told me "no more" and i put the camera away. then i saw other people keep taking pics after someone told them no more and they got pulled aside....so pretty much don't piss off the security and don't make it too obvious and you'll return with many pics.

I took a camera to both shows that i went to on this tour and at each i was between 2 and 5 people from the front and i got home with my camera both times although on both occasions i only had a disposable camera.

Although at the Hammersmith gig a member of security saw me takin a pic and he wasnn't happy but i just put my camera away and he didnt ask for it, after a few minutes i started taking pictures again.

My advice is if your that close dont use your cam just incase, if you are further away then click away my friend :P

Edited by gnr=axl

Haha :lol: this thred reminds me of the aerosmith concert I was at last year we snuck a camera and we were right beside the entrance so there was a person who was suppose to make sure no one has any camras or anything like that but whenever she looked away we took a picture :lol: and she caught us the first time and said put the camera away so we did but then my mom wanted just on more picture and she took one and the person caught us again and they said if you take one more picture im going to take your camera away and kick you out of the show so we didn't take anymore pictures after that :lol:

No,it's not safe..Axl can see you and kick your ass out of the venue.And they will grab you camera :P

look what will happen to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ksysABDSE

I have to wonder if Axl keeps that furry black thing in his closet for memories sake... :o

But seriously, don't bring an expensive camera to a show unless you are prepared to lose it.

that clip is awesome, i love how he just leaps off the stage and they play in the background anyway like this is a usual occurence for axl

:lol: I always loved that. They just keep on playing. On with the show!

ha! the best is how, when he climbs back on stage, he spreads his arms out really fast to indicate "STOP!" and they all immediatley shut up.....in hindsight it's kinda funny to think about:

in a split second axl dove into the crowd, and i wonder if the guy with the camera was thinking/feeling the following:

1. "guns n roses kick ASS! gotta get a photo...."

*axl jumps in*

2. "huh?"

3. "wow he's really not that tall in real life....."

4."he is PISSED!"

5. "is he coming towards ME?"

6. "how am i supposed to take him seriously when he's wearing a black feather boa and white spandex shorts?....."

7. "uh-oh"

:lol:

personally, i would leave the camera at home. there'll be a million and six pictures of the show that will more than likely be from a better angle than you could get anyway. leave that space in your pocket for something cooler. ;):shades:

No,it's not safe..Axl can see you and kick your ass out of the venue.And they will grab you camera :P

look what will happen to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ksysABDSE

Nah I don´t think axl would kick you out for having a cam nowadays. When I saw them in Prague I was in front barely 1 metre away from him, taking pics right into his face with my flash on...and so did a few people around me.He smiled at us :huh: Even the security inside didnt care,but they were pretty tight at the entrance.

But that was in europe-dunno about the security in usa

I took one to Wembley with me, my bf carried it in his pocket through the door, was searched but they didn't take the camera..

It was only a disposable but I got lots of good pics, and the band didn't seem to mind, even though I was up close.. Wouldn't recommend taking an expensive one though just in case..

KK x

that clip is awesome, i love how he just leaps off the stage and they play in the background anyway like this is a usual occurence for axl

:lol: I always loved that. They just keep on playing. On with the show!

ha! the best is how, when he climbs back on stage, he spreads his arms out really fast to indicate "STOP!" and they all immediatley shut up.....in hindsight it's kinda funny to think about:

in a split second axl dove into the crowd, and i wonder if the guy with the camera was thinking/feeling the following:

1. "guns n roses kick ASS! gotta get a photo...."

*axl jumps in*

2. "huh?"

3. "wow he's really not that tall in real life....."

4."he is PISSED!"

5. "is he coming towards ME?"

6. "how am i supposed to take him seriously when he's wearing a black feather boa and white spandex shorts?....."

7. "uh-oh"

:lol:

personally, i would leave the camera at home. there'll be a million and six pictures of the show that will more than likely be from a better angle than you could get anyway. leave that space in your pocket for something cooler. ;):shades:

lol that made me laugh

Guest cherry_bomb

it depends on the venue. at wembley i had my camera out all the time, i was front row and the guards saw me taking photos and didnt do anything. at hammersmith they told people to put their cameras away, i didnt see anyone ever get anything confiscated. but american security may be more strict...