Bob Seger

Zint

I saw Bob Seger on Letterman and Leno recently,good performances.

I haven't really thought about Bob in a long time.

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band..Live Bullet,is one of my all time fav live albums!

A KILLER rendition of Nutbush City Limits on that record!

I saw him live around '78 and it was a damn fine concert,a real beer drinkin' good time!

He announced on Letterman that he's going on the road...I think I'll go check it out when the tour hits this area.

Gotta love that Deeetroit rock and roll!

..anyone here into him?

It's cool to see him back after all these years--I was pretty stunned when I heard about his new album and tour. He had that serious throat problem and for awhile it was speculated he'd probably never be able to sing again, so I figured he was done.

Damn, that live album brings back memories...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I love Bob Seger.

"Old Time Rock N' Roll" is a novelty though, and it's become really annoying and cheesy.

Seger's equivalent to Berry's "My Ding-A-Ling".

That's like basing Jack Nicholson's work on Little Shop of Horrors!...lol

Songs like Turn The Page...that material really shines.

I love Bob Seger.

"Old Time Rock N' Roll" is a novelty though, and it's become really annoying and cheesy.

Seger's equivalent to Berry's "My Ding-A-Ling".

That's like basing Jack Nicholson's work on Little Shop of Horrors!...lol

Songs like Turn The Page...that material really shines.

Yeah man, Bob's a brilliant artist.

"Live Bullet" is one of my favorite live albums ever.

And Little Shop of Horrors is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Well I found out Bob's coming to Toronto,was thinking about going.

Found out the tickets are all the same price!

That's right...85 bucks to sit front row centre,85 bucks to sit in the worst fucking seat in the far back corner in the rafters.

nice huh?

GnR world would EXPLODE if Axl tried that stunt!

Nice going BOB!

I actually think that's very fair.

Gives the more unfortunate fans a bigger chance of getting great seats.

What about the people who want lower priced seats because that's all they can afford?

How much lower would it go for a major act like himself? $20 lower?

I guess I'm not one to judge cause I'm upper middle class, but I dunno...

I actually think that's very fair.

Gives the more unfortunate fans a bigger chance of getting great seats.

What about the people who want lower priced seats because that's all they can afford?

How much lower would it go for a major act like himself? $20 lower?

I guess I'm not one to judge cause I'm upper middle class, but I dunno...

Actually it could have been up to 40 - 45 bucks lower..

And I don't think the people who get "stuck" with the cheap seats are going to hold too much faith in your reasoning.

Edited by zint61

Seger is great, unfortunately my local radio station played his songs ALL THE TIME in the 80's and 90's. It really burned me out on Seger. He's still awesome though.

I love the song from the movie "About last night". Not only a good song, but we get to see Demi Moore naked before the boob job. NICE! :)

Saw him perform that "This is our country song" at the Wrold Series, Ive always liked Bob and all but it was pretty lame, after seeing that fucking commercial a million times. Maybe it just seems like that now, I dont know.

That's John Mellencamp man :P

My friend owes me a million bucks, I knew that wasnt Segar <_<

Im easily persuaded on things Im not 100% sure about, we had a huge argument on who that was

I suck :(

• 1 month later...

Wow!

What an excellent concert!

Some of you state that you wish you could go back in time and see what concerts in the 70's were like.

Well...if Bob Seger comes your way,you can!

It was JUST like the first time I saw him in '78.It felt '78!

There were no screens to watch the concert on.No distractions...a backdrop,a subtle but cool light show...and the band.

The only thing that was different was the P.A. cabinets were suspended from the rafters,not stacked on the sides of the stage like they used to be.

I felt like I was in the stands at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto 30 years ago (right down to the sweet smell of hash wafting through the air).

People holding up lighters during the slow songs (not cell phones)...hell,some even waved sparklers (and didn't get their asses chucked out).

It was a just a pure,straight up rock and roll show...no bullshit,no pretention.And the band had the chops to back it up!

No "Clapton suits" on these guys.No pastel blue blazers,no black leisure suits...

Out came Bob...in a black t shirt and jeans...way fuckin cool!

People say Bob's voice is shot...it's not shot,but it has changed due to the throat cancer.

He stills belts it out though...the only thing is,he doesn't always do it in the trademark Seger high wail gravel tones,he sang some of the songs in a lower register but if you weren't really looking for it you might not ever notice.He saved the high wails and pulled them out every now and then...and when he did...it was pure classic Seger.

I gotta say though,the songs he sings in a lower key were spot on.The absolute pinnacle of the show was Turn The Page...it was note for note perfect and it was brilliant!

Alto Reed is STILL blowing the sax with him (since '73) and the cat can still wail!He didn't seem any different than when I saw him in '78!

Another longtime band member (since '68),bassist Chris Campbell was there and in fine form.

Much to my surprise,Don Brewer (Grand Funk Railroad) was on drums and he was really really good!

They hit the stage to the music of Thin Lizzy's The Boys Are Back In Town blaring while the crowd went nuts.

First song up was Roll Me Away and it sounded awesome.They played several songs off the new cd and they all blended in with the classics seemlessly.

There are a lot of Seger songs that,when they come on the radio,I'll change the channel (overkill).

But when you hear them played flawlessly live,you can help but reflect on what great songs they are.

Night Moves,Against The Wind etc.

The older stuff really shined though and blew the roof off the place.

The absolute highlight of the show for me was the Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser medley.

That made being there worth it all on its own.

It was spot on the same rendition from Live Bullet,in fact...if you closed your eyes and listened you could have sworn you were at the gig where they recorded it.

just stunning!

Of course there were all the token Seger rockin songs that had people literally dancing in the ailes..

Old Time Rock and Roll

Sunspot Baby

Betty Lou

Hollywood Nights

and my fave...Ramblin Gamblin Man

hell they even did the Chuck Berry cover that's on Greatest Hits Volume 1:C'est La Vie (You Never Can Tell) and it was a way cool rockin version

Over two hours of quality Seger,it was hard to believe the guy is 61!

The whole experience was refreshing,and it reminded of why I developed such a passion for rock and roll at a young age...and also why I had a huge craving for live concerts!

I had a great time,and I would go see him again in a heartbeat...if you like his music and he's coming your way...go see him,you'll be glad you did.

It's WAY better than you might think it's going to be.It's EVERY bit as cool as when I saw him so long ago.

And I'll tell you this...I haven't heard a crowd roar like that since Guns in '91...it was massive!

VERY cool to see teenagers there checking out the show...they seemed especially smitten with the Live Bullet material!...as any serious rock fan should be!

The opening act...Steve Azar...never heard of him.Country rock along the lines of Steve Earl,the real deal sound...not that fake bullshit.A few decent songs...wouldn't buy it,but it wasn't horrible to listen to.

Edited by zint61