Darkness on the Egde of Town & Born to Run

johnezz

I only really have just recently got into The Boss over the past few months, and quite frankly i think he fucking rules.

Bruce Springsteen is the whole package, he has some of the best lyrics ever, he can write great music, he's not too shabby on the guitar and he's got one of the most powerful voices i've heard.

I've had Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town both on constant play in my car and i just cant get enough of them. They are perfect albums.

Anyone else into Bruce Springsteen?

Edited by johnezz

Yeah, The Boss is one of the greatest rockstars ever! Nearly every song he releases is nothing but really really amazing!

My favourite is "Trapped".

Yeah i just bought Nebraska today, and although theres no E Street Band behind him, just Brucey, his guitar and his harmonica, it still is just amazing.

I got Devils and Dust not long ago too, and he defantly still has it, even though his voice is a little higher.

Watch some of the Live videos on Youtube, wow, he just ruled live.

I love Bruce Springsteen. He has to many great songs to mention, but Thunder Roads, The River, Land of Hope and Dreams, Spirit in The Night and Darkness on the Edge of Town are some of my favourites at the moment.

And he's also an amazing live performer. Saw him live 3 years ago, and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too.

Edited by Streetchild

Yeah, The Boss is one of the greatest rockstars ever! Nearly every song he releases is nothing but really really amazing!

My favourite is "Trapped".

Yeah i just bought Nebraska today, and although theres no E Street Band behind him, just Brucey, his guitar and his harmonica, it still is just amazing.

I got Devils and Dust not long ago too, and he defantly still has it, even though his voice is a little higher.

Watch some of the Live videos on Youtube, wow, he just ruled live.

Please do not reffer to The Boss's performance ability in the past tense. Yes he ruled, but he still rules. I was betwen 10 and 15 feet from the stage for his Seeger Sessions stop in Milwaukee, and I tell you he still has it. I have seen him with the E Street Band as well, and this was better. It wasn't Bruce doing what the lable tells him to do (make money playing the greatest hits shows with the ESB), but Bruce doing what Bruce wants to do (playing Pete Seeger songs with a New Orleans honkytonk jazz band). He was all smiles, dancing, joking, and rocking the house down. He's even better, though, on slower numbers. The show's hilights were My City of Ruin (a slow tune off of The Rising - make that your next purchase, btw), Eyes on the Prize (a slow tune about the evils of slavery and forced labor), and When The Saints Go Marching In (actually made me cry - they do the whole song and do it beautifully). Of course, the reworked Boss tunes like Ramrod, Atlantic City, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch), and Further On Up the Road were beyond comparrison, but the slow tunes were absolute standouts. The Boss doesn't need to run around and dance to be a great performer. He just has to be intense. And he most certainly does that.