Is axl stupid???!!??

GNR Rocks35

but with this MLB deal, is it only adverts online?

because they have enough online publicity

what about those who don't go on the net?

The deal is with a subsidiary of MLB called MLB advanced media. They'll be maintaining gunsnroses.com since they have a lot of experience running all the websites for baseball teams, it should be pretty well run.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal is with a subsidiary of MLB called MLB advanced media. They'll be maintaining gunsnroses.com since they have a lot of experience running all the websites for baseball teams, it should be pretty well run.

do you think we will be seeing any tv ads during mlb games. because that would give alot of peopl info

do you think we will be seeing any tv ads during mlb games. because that would give alot of peopl info

If they did that, then they would have to buy commerical time from the network. It wouldn't be a deal with MLB. This deal is just about the GN'R website but it's entirely possible that they could do a deal to get GN'R on MLB broadcasts but, just because they're getting MLB's tech guys to run their website doesn't necessaryily mean they'll do that.

If Axl wanted to let people know about the tour, he'd go on one of the late night talk shows, like leno or letterman. That would reach more people than advertising during a baseball game commerical break when people are going to the bathroom.

not axl, the management team. really worrying.

Axl pays the management team, so by extension he is obviously agreeing with their tactics otherwise he would have other representation by now.

Gnr management for at least the past 5 years have proven to be nothing short of awful. Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and somehow expecting a different outcome. That is them in a nut-shell.

Who thinks it is a great idea to hide a release date from the general public as if that is going to somehow promote an album is beyond me. They were quick to issue a press release after the Euro-tour that GNR played in front of 750,000 people last summer. Yet you would have never known a new album existed given that it was never referenced one time at any show. Now, it does take a Phd. in Business to know that when you have direct access to a target audience likely to consume your product, you do everything you can to promote it. Instead of capitalizing on the situation and promoting the hell out of an upcoming release date we get silence. Makes a ton of buiness sense if you ask me. :rolleyes:

No Axl is not Stupid. Stupid

He is not stupid but does he have any business sense? Being a great artist does not make you a good businessman, and even good busineemen need to be surrounded by the appropriate staff.

There's just no attention to detail so far with this promotion. For example, gnronline.com doesnt even redirect to gunsnroses.com yet. Tha'ts usually one of the first things that happens with a web change!

Here we are in October with zero promotion other than some web banners, and yet mgt. expects to get the thing out by Nov.?? Even if it does, will the album have realized its full potential with such silence this far down?

Edited by PS_PoWeR

When this album FINALLY comes out to an apathetic public, and after this tour is either cancelled or cut short due to poor ticket sales and Axl's unprofessionalism - Axl will have to pay the piper.

All of this is a buildup for the 2007 25th Anniversary Appetite Reunion Tour or the 2012 25th Anniversary Reunion Tour with Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt anyway....

There is NO promotion anywhere for the album (MLB is promoting ticket sales, not album sales) - which tells me that the album is NOT coming out any time soon. The record company has spent far too much money on this record to not promote it - in a grand way, for a prolonged amount of time.

My thought: Axl keeps trotting out GNR shows to raise more money to produce the CD, as the record company has surely closed the bank by now.

This is going to get VERY interesting....

Edited by radioflyer

Whomever started this particular topic is whose lack of brain matter I'd be concerned about.

When this album FINALLY comes out to an apathetic public, and after this tour is either cancelled or cut short due to poor ticket sales and Axl's unprofessionalism - Axl will have to pay the piper.

All of this is a buildup for the 2007 25th Anniversary Appetite Reunion Tour or the 2012 25th Anniversary Reunion Tour with Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt anyway....

There is NO promotion anywhere for the album (MLB is promoting ticket sales, not album sales) - which tells me that the album is NOT coming out any time soon. The record company has spent far too much money on this record to not promote it - in a grand way, for a prolonged amount of time.

My thought: Axl keeps trotting out GNR shows to raise more money to produce the CD, as the record company has surely closed the bank by now.

And I am quite sure he called you and told you this, how is it in the land of delusion?

SS

Whomever started this particular topic is whose lack of brain matter I'd be concerned about.

And I am quite sure he called you and told you this, how is it in the land of delusion?

SS

[/quote

btw sharpshooter, buckethead sucks

So how does everyone think the album is going to come out? Will all of a sudden GNR will say today is the day and you go to Best Buy and there it is? or will a single be released and then a month later we will have CD in our hands? I think its awesome that the press releases and the band members saying the album is still coming out this year, but how?

I don't think he is.

Or me.

I could never call Axl stupid. I think (or I HOPE) that this is just all part of a master plan he has created.

How can you be so delusional? Axl is not a god. He doesnt love you, i dont think he would care too much if you called him stupid.

Hopefully they will promote the album when its ready to be released. How are they supposed to promote an album that may not even be finished?

btw sharpshooter, buckethead sucks

:lol::lol: .............shutup

I don't think he is.

Or me.

I could never call Axl stupid. I think (or I HOPE) that this is just all part of a master plan he has created.

How can you be so delusional? Axl is not a god. He doesnt love you, i dont think he would care too much if you called him stupid. He has created a lot of suspense and curiousity with this album and I think it might very well benefit him.

Hopefully they will promote the album when its ready to be released. How are they supposed to promote an album that may not even be finished?

Um, yeah. Axl loves me because I defended him and did not call him stupid. He personally called to thank me. :rolleyes: I stand by my opinion. There is a lot of suspense and curiosity surrounding this album and I think it might very well benefit him. I have friends that could care less about GNR yet they are very interested in hearing CD.

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763

He's having a huge US tour, he's releasing an album, and i havent heard any andvertisments or any news. Nobody except for us diehards even knows that he's about to tour the US. I think he thinks that people will go to shows because he is Axl. But thats not how it is. People are fed up with him and i think if this tour goes shity it will be he end.

If Axl is stupid, you must be stupider cause he probably earns more and has acheived more in his career than you have.

Unless you can beat him in that aspect, i don't think you can call him stupid.

Are you sure Axl doesn't know what he's doing? He's been in the music scene for 19 years now.

He probably has something up his sleeve.

Edited by lagofala

at the very best level of promotion there will be painted grass with the gnr logo on it during the playoffs. airing commercials is from the networks, not the MLB, so that's an entirely different ballpark (pardon the pun). The only other on-air promotion would be at the end of the commercial breaks when they go "this presentation is brought to you buy, product a, product b, and the new guns n roses album"

He's having a huge US tour, he's releasing an album, and i havent heard any andvertisments or any news. Nobody except for us diehards even knows that he's about to tour the US. I think he thinks that people will go to shows because he is Axl. But thats not how it is. People are fed up with him and i think if this tour goes shity it will be he end.

If Axl is stupid, you must be stupider cause he probably earns more and has acheived more in his career than you have.

Unless you can beat him in that aspect, i don't think you can call him stupid.

Are you sure Axl doesn't know what he's doing? He's been in the music scene for 19 years now.

He probably has something up his sleeve.

been and been fru blom

Marketing-wise, it's the record company that traditionally does this job and foots this bill, and Geffen certainly doesn't appear to be supporting him without a CD release. Which is weird, if the CD really does has a release date just weeks away. I'd guess that there's some sort of pissing contest going on between Axl and the label, or the label is flat out refusing to put any more money into the project at all, and the band is touring to get the money to promote the release. Or both.

I hope the US will like them better than the press in Europe did.

He's pissed the press off so much over the years, not a big surprise the old guard isn't welcoming him back with open arms. And a lot of the major writers these days came of age in the grunge era where it was 'hip' to hate Gn'R. The new writers have no Gn'R experience, they haven't really heard anything, they really only know the hits and the drama.