Is axl stupid???!!??

GNR Rocks35

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's pissed the press off so much over the years, not a big surprise the old guard isn't welcoming him back with open arms. And a lot of the major writers these days came of age in the grunge era where it was 'hip' to hate Gn'R. The new writers have no Gn'R experience, they haven't really heard anything, they really only know the hits and the drama.

First, there are still a number of "old guard" journalists out there still covering the scene - who remember the way it was in GNR's day - good and bad. And any younger scribes worth their salt would certainly have brought themselves up to speed on who the big players have been in the rock world - past and present -- at least those at reputable publications.

As for "welcoming him back" - he still has nothing to promote. Many journalists already wrote the "comeback" story back in 2002 - only to find the tour blew up and no album emerged. So, I doubt many of them will be writing the same story again. I'm guessing the next major wave of publicity will come when the album - or even a single - is released. At that point, I'm guessing - and it's just a guess - Axl will do the media circuit to promote it.

on the one hand the tactics are cool because gnr is some kind of mystical band. that is why some many fans are hanging out in all gnr-forums, every little tv-appearance of axl is a superbowl for us. but on ther other hand it is fuckin important to win new fans and to fill this huge north american tour. commercials like these are too less. a new album or just a single on mtv would change the toursaling completly

Guest Georgiarain
Yes axl is stupid.... there has been no promo or hype for this tour..

I mean.. wtf is he doing!? :unsure:

They have been promoting the Toronto show on all the radio's here! What are you talking about!?

I am very perplexed by the once again lack of promotion for this band/album. Sure classic Rock radio stations are giving away tickets here in NYC, but who the fuck listens to classic Rock radio? Where is the national promotion? Where is the new music?

Back in 2002, there was more mystery surrounding Axl, he was thought to have been gone for good...so his return then was more magical in a way. But as I've said for years, people are just tired of supporting him when he gives NOTHING back to the fans. He needs to release new music and an album to get people excited about Guns N Roses again.

NOBODY on this board would have believed me if in 2003 I said Axl would return and try and tour Europe and the US without the album in 2006. It just gets old. And for the price of these tickets, I am not so sure I want to pay so much to hear the same setlist again.

I would much rather pay to sing Catcher in the Rye in concert, than to hear My Michelle and Out to Get Me again. AXL release a fucking single will ya? Come on, this whole "Democracy starts now" shit is so old...we already have Democracy in America Axl, last time I checked.

And with that shitty, half-assed website, it just shows that GNR is a poorly orchestrated machine at best. Axl is still living in the stone age and continues to disappoint at every turn. The only thing he does well is his music, and that's all the fans want, new music. So give it to us Axl or else you won't get our support. How can you call it the Chinese D world tour and play 80% Appetite? Fucking dumb.

Edited by Kaneda

What job is he doing? I just hate being a GNR fan and watching him fuck up every single US move he's ever made...you have to look at it like this...in 14 years, he's managed to pull off just a handfull of great shows in the US...a far cry from what GNR used to be.

What job is he doing? I just hate being a GNR fan and watching him fuck up every single US move he's ever made...you have to look at it like this...in 14 years, he's managed to pull off just a handfull of great shows in the US...a far cry from what GNR used to be.

Well no one is forcing you to be anything so go out, fuck the neighbour's dog and shut up.

Edited by .Seal

why not debate Kaneda instead of useless insults?

i think people are counting their blessings too much

with the website, its no better than the one we had for the past few years, it just has tour dates and a few articles, one video and has a nice enough design

why not just put up all the videos together?

and have sections

people aren't complaining because its alot more than we got last year, which is wrong

i can't wait for the day when i see new gnr with all new songs in their set list :wub: