Re-recorded AFD CD

Dan Roberge

I'd much rather see CD. So would 99.99% of fans on here.

I'd love to hear the re-recorded AFD though. Saying this, after what we've heard of the new stuff and what we've seen on tour, other than Bucket's solos I'm not so sure it would as radically different as some would like to believe.

Bucket didn't play on it though; it was recorded in 1999, with the Finck/Huge/Freese/Stinson lineup.

SG

The re recording of appetite was just something they did to feel like a band and have a little project to do before really get to work on Chi dem. I don't think it was planned to be released or ever will be. Becouse that is like the holy grail to most GNR fans. It was just something they did while rehersing the tour. Since they had to learn all those songs.

Does anyone remember when the new GnR was supposed to re-release AFD with an updated sound? We hear it at the end of the live SCOM of the Big Daddy Soundtrack. Who else is dying to hear this? I am. I heard Slash and co. blocked the re-release? Anyone got any news on this?

Such release would be absolutely sick. Sure those guys needed to re record afd for themselfes, to see how would the songs sound in gigs and that's about it. No fucking re-releases. :huh:

April 30th 2001 was the date given.

Date given by who? I remember the video release, I had to get the Japanese ads translated, and I think I was calling or emailing the company trying to find out the status. No mention of the AFD tracks that I can recall.

(I do know something like that is what they wanted to do with the tracks, so I'm not dismissing it, just piecing together more info).

Edited by jsmith