With CD coming out, what camp are you in?

dustindmnd2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire idea of this thread, seeing it so black and white with cliche reasoning, is bad. Not any of these groups.

In fact that would make you a 4. Perhaps your "other" would be "too cool to respond," yet not realizing that responding with an "I'm not responding" post is actually a response.

Boo ya, my catch all!!

Pubes.

Edited by dustindmnd2

if your a number 1 it's just unhealthy, you're obbessed! get a fucking life.

i'm Registered Independant!, if it's good axe man will hear me say it's damn good, if it's crap i'll put my opinion out there, why lie? who am i trying to impress?.

Probably about a 2.5. I hope and think CD will be outstanding, but I still think about it as Axl's solo project. When I have gone to the 3 new GNR I have I tell people I'm going to see Axl, not GNR. So I am super excited about the album and have loved the shows I've went to, but won't believe that 1+1=3 because he says so in terms of the band name issue.

I guess I'm a 2. I already think the album will be good based on what I've heard. The only album I've heard in my life that I liked every song was AFD. So 5 or 6 good songs on an album is pretty good in my book. But I'm real picky. So whatever, I'm a 2.

Tbizzle

I guess I'm a one... not because I refuse to view the music as bad if it is, but as yet, have heard nothing I didn't enjoy(yes, I actually do enjoy Silkworms), so, yeah, the album will be the best thing to drop this year

Icet224

2,5 here :D

and I DO LIKE Silkworms and don't belong in 1st group, :anger::fuckyou:

M.

Mango...you like silkworms because it's a Pit(t)man song dont ya? :P

For the record I think the album will be great...but the thing I loved about guns is you got the vision of 4 guys. Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy all had different influences and brought different things to the table. You had songs from all of them...

This record is going to be purely Axl's vision. Axl songs are great. But what would UYI have been without YCBM, Coma,etc or AFD w/out It's so Easy, Brownstone,etc... get my drift?

I hope Axl can find the correct mixture of songs for CD instead of turning it into a ballad fest with some industrial rockers thrown in for good measure...

Alright, maybe I am foolish to be thinking Chinese Democracy is really going to come out this year, but it just seems like the right time and the real deal this time around. So with that, an honest question for us to ask ourselves about our reactions to CD once we finally hear it:

Which camp will you fall into with regard to reacting to the new music (not so much interested in polling as just hearing some thoughts, but...):

1.) Axl's Koolaid drinkers - You love Axl, and even if this thing is a huge peice of crap, you'll love whatever he puts out forever and ever. You will proclaim the greatness of CD no matter what. If you've ever said something like "Silk Worms is cool," you probably fit into this group.

2.) Registered Independant - Glad to hear Axl back, but if the album blows, you'll say so. If it is a classic, you'll hype it as such.

3.) Old School Gunner - No matter what, since Slash is gone, you think the album sucks because Gn'R is Axl, Slash, Izzy... yadda yadda yadda.

4.) Other - I guess if you choose this one you think you're smarter than me. Whatever. Pubes.

Anyways, again, not a poll so much as something to trigger thoughts on your perception going into the Chinese Democracy era.

I know this album will be phenominal, from the leaks we have heard so far. However, I would not be afraid to criticaly analyse the album.

#2.

As much as I want CD to be good, I know there is a chance it will suck. (Not likely, because I love TWAT and CITR and the Blues and Madagascar, but there's still a chance.) And I will be able to admit if the album is not up to the 13 year wait.

I don´t know.. Can´t understand when people think that ANY album can be worthy 13 years of wait.

I would define it this way: If CD please us fans more then any album that´s been released the last 13 years CD has make up those 13 years.

I´m 1.8.

2.5(?).) Registered Independant - Glad to hear Axl back, but if the album blows, I'll say so. If it is a classic, I'll hype it as such. But I don't think it as a GN'R album.

Edited by Wando