Lines to buy New Album?

dogbite

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure as hell won't be waiting on line. I'm gonna pretty much be checking torrent sites once or twice a week from now on just in case it leaks.

Way to support the band !!! :fuckyou:

Rainman

$100.00 concert tickets is enough support from me. I wont feel bad at all grabbing the album for free.

As we all remember there were lines to purchase UYI, well televised lines. Will new Album drive people to wait in line for it? Comments? Is the hype and mystery a driving force? Your thoughts?

I honestly don't think there will be 'lines' for this record. It'd be cool if I was wrong on this one though.

When Illusions was released, they where one of the biggest bands out there. They had a song on T2, and if memory serves me correctly they had another song or two on the radio. I know that knocking on heavens door was also on the radio.

Right now, only die-hard fans really care about the CD. Other's do not, and who can really blame them? There has been nothing for a long time.

There will not be any lineups. This will sell well the first week, however....IF they do some promotion, and release a video, and get some radio airplay.

I know that I bought tickets last Friday to the Toronto Show. I just looked a few hours ago, and I can still get a block of 8 tickets. This did not happen 4 years ago, and definately did not happen in 91. they are no where near the biggest band in the world right now, and they need a few quick good albums to get back there. Having TO not sell out yet indicates that not a lot of people really care about GNR any more. This can change quickly, but they HAVE to release something soon.

When Illusions was released, they where one of the biggest bands out there. They had a song on T2, and if memory serves me correctly they had another song or two on the radio. I know that knocking on heavens door was also on the radio.

Right now, only die-hard fans really care about the CD. Other's do not, and who can really blame them? There has been nothing for a long time.

There will not be any lineups. This will sell well the first week, however....IF they do some promotion, and release a video, and get some radio airplay.

I know that I bought tickets last Friday to the Toronto Show. I just looked a few hours ago, and I can still get a block of 8 tickets. This did not happen 4 years ago, and definately did not happen in 91. they are no where near the biggest band in the world right now, and they need a few quick good albums to get back there. Having TO not sell out yet indicates that not a lot of people really care about GNR any more. This can change quickly, but they HAVE to release something soon.

another promotion expert :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought maybe, just maybe they know what they are doing?

Nah, GNR was on top of the world when UYI's came out. There is anticipation now for CD, but not nearly as on the same scale as back in '91. However, CD still has grown to almost mythic proportions with all the delays and hype, so for us hardcore fans, i'm sure it's on the same level. It's just not the same with the general public. I can't fuckin' wait though! :)

i went to buy UYL 2 yesterday because my copy is fucked, and it was sold out? i mean it's like 15 years old, there getting more sent, i think this will sell very well, i think i'm going early to get my copy!.

people are getting on the bandwagon already :confused: .