Do you think VR is waiting for CD?

Kissable Kate

Just a thought, but does anyone think that VR is waiting for a release date for CD so they can put out their own new album in competition?

Just a thought, please don't flame me :(

KK x

dont wanna sound like a jerk, but even if they DO geth realesed on same time it wouldent be any competition ;)

Just a thought, but does anyone think that VR is waiting for a release date for CD so they can put out their own new album in competition?

Just a thought, please don't flame me :(

KK x

dont wanna sound like a jerk, but even if they DO geth realesed on same time it wouldent be any competition ;)

Word!

Of course the ex-member are curious about CD. They have to be.

I wonder why?

Simple: Because they never thought that the album could even be near of coming out! Well, personally I think that many suprises will happen after chinese's release! Let us wait and see!!

Nah, VR are waiting for their producer to finish off prior commitments thats all.

OFF TOPIC: Once Chinese Democracy is released I'd love to hear from Slash and Duff on whether its sound is anything like the way they pictured the band heading back in 96/97 when they left.

Monty

Nah, VR are waiting for their producer to finish off prior commitments thats all.

OFF TOPIC: Once Chinese Democracy is released I'd love to hear from Slash and Duff on whether its sound is anything like the way they pictured the band heading back in 96/97 when they left.

Monty

i'd like to hear their views aswell

I doubt they give 2 fucks, i don't like them but i do admire the way they go about things.

They are secure in what they do as a group and thats cool, maybe it will inspire them to make better music, i don't mean that as an insult but sometimes competition brings out better things than you thought you had

:)

No question

They know the pain is coming - This is a monster record about to be released - Slash knows how damn good this thing is going to be - Duff is in denial -and Weiland had a whole lot to say about Axl's appearance and the # of shows he's played with the new band - I'd say Axl has played more shows in the last few months than Weiland's played in the last few years -

I don't imagine we'll be hearing any rants or much of anything from VR untill this is released

i dont think they consider it a competition but if they did it would be a silly move on their behlaf cause people who only want to spend their money on one album would most likely lean to the most anticipated album of all time 'Chinese Fucking Democracy'.

i completely agree

waiting? no, last I heard Slash was doing Volkwagen commercials, Farfenugen.

whatever happened to weiland? has he starved his bulimic frame into nonexistance?

:lol::lol::lol:

does weiland look like the cop from the village people to anyone else.maybe it's the same person!

(conspiracy theory number 12.340)

Why do people keep saying this is the most anticipated album of all time? Based on what? The fact that some diehard fans here are hungry for it? That the press mentions it? What?

A new Kiss album is highly anticipated. Metallica's Load was very highly anticipated. Alot of people see GNR as a washed up 80's band(not my opinion but alot of people see it that way). Motley fans had the same hype about them when they returned but did everyone else? No.

Be a little more realistic would ya?

I am anxious for the album but I wont delude myself to think that the whole world feels the same.

"The most anticipated album of all time" :rolleyes:

Can you see the forest or are the trees in the way?

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

No question

They know the pain is coming - This is a monster record about to be released - Slash knows how damn good this thing is going to be - Duff is in denial -and Weiland had a whole lot to say about Axl's appearance and the # of shows he's played with the new band - I'd say Axl has played more shows in the last few months than Weiland's played in the last few years -

I don't imagine we'll be hearing any rants or much of anything from VR untill this is released

Why would they be waiting and planning around another band's CD that is this unpredictable and this many years late? I don't even think Axl's own bandmates have been able to really plan around CD given their limited visibility and ultimate control, so how could VR?

Naturally all of the past members will have their own personal emotions about Axl releasing an album with an all new band under the GNR name, but no matter how good CD is I highly doubt any of them looks back and wishes they'd stuck it out with him through all of these down years and frustration. Let's face it, despite all his talent, it would be a nightmare having to let Axl work through all his stuff and control your destiny. That is the only "pain" they know.

After much experience, good and bad, they each made the personal decision it was in their best interests to leave when they did and start something new. And I have to believe that creatively it is much more satisfying for the ex-Gunners to have started a fresh new band, start from scratch with more control, have a multi-platinum album, do Live 8, win a Grammy, etc. And they have a visible future whereas we have no idea where and when Axl wants to take Guns beyond this album, if anywhere.

But for the time being, you can bet your ass there will be a healthy competition. I've no doubt the GNR thing is only driving VR further to put out their very best work on Libertab, the same way I'm sure VR's success has added much fuel to Axl's fire. And that's good for both camps and us.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

No question

Why would they be waiting and planning around another band's CD that is this unpredictable and this many years late? I don't even think Axl's own bandmates have been able to really plan around CD given their limited visibility and ultimate control, so how could VR?

Naturally all of the past members will have their own personal emotions about Axl releasing an album with an all new band under the GNR name, but no matter how good CD is I highly doubt any of them looks back and wishes they'd stuck it out with him through all of these down years and frustration. Let's face it, despite all his talent, it would be a nightmare having to let Axl work through all his stuff and control your destiny. That is the only "pain" they know.

After much experience, good and bad, they each made the personal decision it was in their best interests to leave when they did and start something new. And I have to believe that creatively it is much more satisfying for the ex-Gunners to have started a fresh new band, start from scratch with more control, have a multi-platinum album, do Live 8, win a Grammy, etc. And they have a visible future whereas we have no idea where and when Axl wants to take Guns beyond this album, if anywhere.

But for the time being, you can bet your ass there will be a healthy competition. I've no doubt the GNR thing is only driving VR further to put out their very best work on Libertab, the same way I'm sure VR's success has added much fuel to Axl's fire. And that's good for both camps and us.

Thank fuck for that. Nice to get an intelligent post from someone when this was about to turn into a VR bashing thread.