Should we get CD soon

Graeme

On the day i buy it i shall resist the temptation to listen to it until i get home. I shall then relish the moment of removing the clingfilm and security covering before taking the disc out and shutting myself in a large room with a huge sound system up as loud as it can go. I shall then proceed to sit and listen to the full album all the way through and sample the artwork and stuff as i go. It shall be special.

Can you resist the temptation to put it on in the car? how do you fist want to9 listen to it? Give us your ideas. Please don't flame.

Rock on y'all, I cannae wait!

G

Lucky I don't have a car! :lol: ...........just gonna come home, put the cd in my computer, let it automatically start, turn off the monitor lay down in my bed, put the repeat option and listen to it for the next 5 hours :wub::wub:

Kannon.

Probably just lock myself away and tell my mom I'm not taking any calls for the whole day :D Unfortunately I wont be able to have as loud as I want because I live in a complex -_- Too many people around me would complain *sigh* I'll just have to use my CD player instead of my stereo so I can have it super loud rock4

buy it, roll up a doobie, put it in my cd player and never take it out for 14 years

Ur gunna need to roll more than one doobie for that one man.

I'm gunna exit the store where i bought it, proceed to find a kid with a walkman, kick his ass and take the walkman and listen to it while security is making their way to me.

Actually, i'm gunna pop it in my car CD player and listen to it on the way home.

A8R

There's like 5 or 6 of my friends who'll probably buy straight away but we've made a pact that we'll listen to it together. So I'll buy it on monday, be excited all week, then on friday jump on the first train possible back to my home town(we're all scattered 'round the country 'cos of college and stuff so each of us'll have to do the same thing), then gather at someone's house with a few cases of beer. The beer goes to the fridge to cool down, we'll listen to it all the way through first sober, and after that we'll get positively hammered and spin the cd 'round a few times more. After that it's a heavy night drinking out in the same bars we used to hang out at, and then the afterparty continues to the following day, with CD being the soundtrack :)

There's like 5 or 6 of my friends who'll probably buy straight away but we've made a pact that we'll listen to it together. So I'll buy it on monday, be excited all week, then on friday jump on the first train possible back to my home town(we're all scattered 'round the country 'cos of college and stuff so each of us'll have to do the same thing), then gather at someone's house with a few cases of beer. The beer goes to the fridge to cool down, we'll listen to it all the way through first sober, and after that we'll get positively hammered and spin the cd 'round a few times more. After that it's a heavy night drinking out in the same bars we used to hang out at, and then the afterparty continues to the following day, with CD being the soundtrack :)

That, my friend sounds like a cunning plan if i may say so :P

I'm gonna buy a new souns system next month and i know just the CD the play it with first , only the best technology is worthy of that album . I know it's a little extreme , but it's that's important to me and the sound system that i got at home right now is busted and OK i will put it in my car on the way home cause of reasons mentioned in posts above

Well, I got myself a job an electronics store. And I get paid in 2 weeks. So the plan is. Buy a fucking massive hifi and get home with CD and play it through constantly as loud as I can. :D

so.....ummmmmm.....what if the record SUCKS? i mean, we know it won't outright suck suck, but it could suck nonetheless.....

i, for one, plan to illegally download it.

then, if i decide that i like enough of it, i'll buy it.

I'm gonna buy a new souns system next month and i know just the CD the play it with first , only the best technology is worthy of that album . I know it's a little extreme , but it's that's important to me and the sound system that i got at home right now is busted and OK i will put it in my car on the way home cause of reasons mentioned in posts above

You should play the system as much as you can before you get Chi Dem. It'll break the speakers in (some say that makes no difference but I think they sound significantly better after they have been used for a bit); plus it'll give you a chance to determine what settings sound best and how you want to position your speakers for optimum sound.

Anyways, for me there is no temptation to play the CD in my car because my car doesn't have a CD player. :lol: I'll probably order the CD online, so it'll get shipped to me by mail. Then I will do as the topic starter did...play it on my beauty stereo system and sit down for a few hours to listen to it while reading the booklet. Just take it all in. And check the forum of course to read other opinions - can't forget that.

In the same purchase I'm going to probably have some Buckethead, Gilby, and Snakepit albums too. So I'll be keeping busy.

Edited by KBear

On the day i buy it i shall resist the temptation to listen to it until i get home. I shall then relish the moment of removing the clingfilm and security covering before taking the disc out and shutting myself in a large room with a huge sound system up as loud as it can go. I shall then proceed to sit and listen to the full album all the way through and sample the artwork and stuff as i go. It shall be special.

Can you resist the temptation to put it on in the car? how do you fist want to9 listen to it? Give us your ideas. Please don't flame.

Rock on y'all, I cannae wait!

G

Couldn't have said it better myself.......I have been aticipating this for quite sometime....the only thing I can compare it to is the anticipation right before losing virginity!! :P

well, it depends on how i buy it. odds are, it will be released on a day i have school so i will get it after(if i buy a car between now and the time it comes out, i will skip school and go get it.). first order of business is listining to it once all the way through. then i will throw it into my computer and put it on my ipod, then listen to it all night. hmmmmm, maybe i will put it on my 360 also. no matter what, i will listen to it no less that 5 times the first day, not counting the number of times i will listen to a song seperatly.

12 tuesdays..........fuck, all this waiting for 12 tuesdays...........waiting sucks lol :P

@kbear : Thanx for the reply , i hear you , but i still want to blast off the new stereo with ChiDem , and of course , wife and kids have to be miles away , not seting myself up for dissapointment , i believe in this band , I flew the atlantic just to see them ( in The Netherlands , Nijmegen ) , with all the question marks of it , you know , will they make it , will Axl show up , i toke all the risk ( OK and a Juanes concert with and a heck of an after party full with hot chicks ) , so the band and the music is important to me :xmasssanta: