Bumblefoot will NOT be on 'Chinese Democracy'.

W. Axl Kev

It was known a while ago that he wasn't going to be on the album. But thanks anyway. :)

Damn, all these years and you guys haven't learned anything. This is Guns N' Roses! Just because something was true six months ago, or even six days ago, it doesn't mean it's true today.

BBF could have gotten a phone call on Monday saying, 'hey Dude, get your ass down here to the studio, we're going to try putting another track on this tune...'

It's good to know that's still not the case, so thanks for the info, man!

Looking better and better for actually getting this all-day sucker released.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see in my original post where I said 'I think we all knew this anyway'? Yeah that is an indication that you don't have to point out this is old news all the time.

Charlie my finger is pointed at you son!

I saw that before I posted, so I apologize for not elaborating on that part.

Anyway, just 12 weeks left Kev!! ;)

This is actually a GOOD piece of news cause it means that bucket's parts don't have to be rerecorded and the album can be released faster.

Who says bucket's parts havent been re-recorded ages ago?

This is actually a GOOD piece of news cause it means that bucket's parts don't have to be rerecorded and the album can be released faster.

Who says bucket's parts havent been re-recorded ages ago?

If Buckets parts were re-recorded by Fortus/Finck, why aren't they playing those parts live?

They brought in a shredder, who was able to play those parts because they still exist on the final record.

very true

7400 posts

Why do you always make a point of saying whenever you get an extra 100 posts or whatever? :drevil:

Anyway, I don't like this fact. Don't get me wrong - Buckethead is great. But how long will Ron be happy playing material that he had NO part in writing? Hopefully he won't get bored and leave..

very true

7400 posts

Why do you always make a point of saying whenever you get an extra 100 posts or whatever? :drevil:

Anyway, I don't like this fact. Don't get me wrong - Buckethead is great. But how long will Ron be happy playing material that he had NO part in writing? Hopefully he won't get bored and leave..

If it was me I would HAPPILY be in GN'R even tough I hadent wrote any music

very true

7400 posts

If it was me I would HAPPILY be in GN'R even tough I hadent wrote any music

But you don't have the amazing skill or amazing solo work that he does. :)

yeah i agree that finck/fortus should re-record buckets parts. you don't wanna introduce a new band to the world and then say "oh but.. actually that solo was by an ex-member..."

How will they record his stuff? :unsure: I mean, they are good, but Buckethead is another league...

yeah i agree that finck/fortus should re-record buckets parts. you don't wanna introduce a new band to the world and then say "oh but.. actually that solo was by an ex-member..."

How will they record his stuff? :unsure: I mean, they are good, but Buckethead is another league...

yeah i know what your saying, i think fortus could pull most of them off though. just look at some of his solo's, they're as fast as anything we've heard in the demo's

yeah i know what your saying, i think fortus could pull most of them off though. just look at some of his solo's, they're as fast as anything we've heard in the demo's

Fortus is quite fast, but Buckethead is so much faster. And I think speed is not everything. I think, Bucket can play with much more emotions than Fortus, Buckethead can combine them and make an awesome sound.

Fortus can play fast,but not fast as like Bucket.

it doesn't matter if they re-record it....if bucket WROTE those parts...they gotta pay him royalties....

so the question is no whether they should re-record it or not....its whether they should rewrite it or not.

personally i don't think they did so...but one never knows.

if they didn't, then they might as well leave him on there...it would be great to hear his work.

but then again, all we have to do is count the lawsuits when the album comes out and we'll find out who is suing him for what....i just have this feeling that bucket will be standing in line waiting for his turn in the courtroom with uncle axl.

That is poo!!

bucket is shitassweird.

Bfo0t is cool. I have his signature, twice. I also touched his guitar when he came up to me in the crowd. Memories. He looked his coolest in the cape on the 30th july.

it doesn't matter if they re-record it....if bucket WROTE those parts...they gotta pay him royalties....

I think bumblefoot and GNR are no stranger to playing material that isn't theres.. ;)

Nice to know we're gonna hear some quality Bucket chops on the album.

I'm usually not a fan of shredding but the stuff Bucket did on Better & IRS fits the shit perfectly. It rocks.

Damn straight!!!

That bit of "IRS" is still the best we have heard from the New Guns IMHO.:)

Yeah, Richard Fortus purportedly told misterbrownstone of CD.com that it was him who was shredding in the "Nightrain" rehearsal clip that we heard back in May.:o:)

I don't mind that he is not on it. I really like Bucket's parts on the leaks especially the solo in TW@ is huge. :krider: If they are to release more albums after ChiDem, I would definately like to hear BBF shredding on those. rock3