Bumblefoot will NOT be on 'Chinese Democracy'.

W. Axl Kev

I like the kill switch effect Bucket uses at the end of the solo in Better. Nobody else in the band has a kill switch on the guitar and I would hate to see that missing from the song so I am glad the bits are stying (I hope) on CD. Having said that, I REALLY wish that Bumble was going to be on the CD just so he had part of his soul invested in the stuff he's going to be touring but not to be.....

I think bumble will have a lot more influence on the sound then Bucket if he's on a future album. bucket seemed to play what he wat told "put a ripping solo here" and bumble seems to have a more outgoing personalit, is/was a teacher etc....I think if he's involved in the next project he'll feel comfortable bringing a lot of ideas to the table.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matt13

I seriously doubt anything that Bucket did will be on the album. Sounds like Robin, Tommy, Dizzy and Brain did the majority of the writing... BH was brought in after most of the songs we've heard were already laid down. If anything, we'll have an album w/o Bucket & Ron... IF these emails, like the one this person says he got from BBF, turn out to be true.

I have no doubt any studio version with only Richard and Robin will be just fine, but I'm hopeful Ron is laying down some work as we speak. Remember, he said not to believe anything we hear... I guess that means from him too!

I like the kill switch effect Bucket uses at the end of the solo in Better. Nobody else in the band has a kill switch on the guitar

every Les Paul can do that. you turn the volume down on your neck pickup to zero and your bridge pickup is cranked, then you just flick the toggle switch back and forth really fast.

Wussup Kev! Thanks for coming to the shows ! :)

Haven't done any recording (joined the band too late to get on the album - just rehearsing for the shows...) but from what I've heard there are some GREAT songs on the CD - you're gonna love it ! ! ! :D

bbf

I can't believe I got a fuckin' email from him! Like he responded the same day! Amazin' banter!

Anyway I think we all knew that anyway but he hasn't even heard all of 'Chinese Democracy'? This band is wierd as fuck! :unsure:

yeah rons very socialable

i talk to him on myspace a good bit

well since we have got the impression that BF has only heard the songs he is playing live from CD, then does that mean that if CD is coming out soon he might not know how to play the songs?

That was right in the beginning... BBF said in one email(that I saw here or somewhere) that the stuff CD holds is fuckin awesome so I guess he has heard all the songs already. You know in the beginning it was propably a matter of trust.

it doesn't matter if they re-record it....if bucket WROTE those parts...they gotta pay him royalties....

so the question is no whether they should re-record it or not....its whether they should rewrite it or not.

This is correct. A source told me a couple of years ago that Buckethead is on this album whether Axl likes it or not, he's too ingrained to take him out. Unless they did re-write and re-record the material on the sly over the last couple of years without anybody knowing about it (or the demos changing much), Buckethead's on it.

Some quick responses to two points. Yes, every guitar with 2 pickups can do this, Les Paul's have a good toggle for this in it's strength and placement.

Next, it's a tough call in the BBF fan corner, but it's one he himself understands. It was already done when he showed up, and there's a lot reasons Buckethead should, and had to, be on it. As said here he was already paid a rediculous amount just to be in the band those years, he wrote parts, he's getting royalties anyway, and his playing is supreme. I'm sort of glad for the last reason alone.

Ron IS Buckethead's replacement in the 'top guitar'. Richard and Robin can't do the fast arpegios, Ron is far more technically advanced and is the 'new man' in that regard. The songs will come out with Buckethead signature riffs that will need to be played live. It raises the bar, in a fun challenging way, for Ron as he now has to replicate those licks. You'll hear that live... once the album comes out.

BUT, you don't build a chicken coop for a guy, take him to Disney to talk him into staying, finally get him to lay down guitar mastery, then scrap it in hope that someone will do the part more justice. I love Ron, great player, but it's a great call for the sake of the record, so I'm thrilled with the news.

Peace

Edited by axlskAmpf

Some quick responses to two points. Yes, every guitar with 2 pickups can do this, Les Paul's have a good toggle for this in it's strength and placement.

Next, it's a tough call in the BBF fan corner, but it's one he himself understands. It was already done when he showed up, and there's a lot reasons Buckethead should, and had to, be on it. As said here he was already paid a rediculous amount just to be in the band those years, he wrote parts, he's getting royalties anyway, and his playing is supreme. I'm sort of glad for the last reason alone.

Ron IS Buckethead's replacement in the 'top guitar'. Richard and Robin can't do the fast arpegios, Ron is far more technically advanced and is the 'new man' in that regard. The songs will come out with Buckethead signature riffs that will need to be played live. It raises the bar, in a fun challenging way, for Ron as he now has to replicate those licks. You'll hear that live... once the album comes out.

BUT, you don't build a chicken coop for a guy, take him to Dosney to talk him into staying, finally get him to lay down guitar mastery, then scrap it in hope that someone will do the part more justice. I love Ron, great player, but it's a great call for the sake of the record, so I'm thrilled with the news.

Peace

Well stated.

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the 2 main guitar players in the new Guns N' Roses. Buckethead and/or Bumblefoot were/are just "additional" players.

80% of the guitar playing is done by the 2 RF. This is a strong duet. Fortus and Finck are the most important part in the newGNR guitar playing. and I guess it will be the same on the record.

Edited by rockstar81

Haven't done any recording (joined the band too late to get on the album - just rehearsing for the shows...) but from what I've heard there are some GREAT songs on the CD - you're gonna love it ! ! ! :D

bbf

I can't believe I got a fuckin' email from him! Like he responded the same day! Amazin' banter!

Anyway I think we all knew that anyway but he hasn't even heard all of 'Chinese Democracy'? This band is wierd as fuck! :unsure:

We already knew it, this is not the first time he says this. But thanx for saying :)

bbf

a "star" of the best band shouldent talk to his fans over msn and shit...bla bal myspace

Fuck that.

ITs not IRON MAIDEn.

Hate this things, fucking whencker. Want BH back so much better.

And whats up with the official homepage...

again this is not iron maiden..

Without this things was what made gnr...THEY JUST GIVE A FUCK rock3

but then ron come along..

STFU RON :)

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the 2 main guitar players in the new Guns N' Roses. Buckethead and/or Bumblefoot were/are just "additional" players.

80% of the guitar playing is done by the 2 RF. This is a strong duet. Fortus and Finck are the most important part in the newGNR guitar playing. and I guess it will be the same on the record.

Buckethead was an additional player, but Bumblefoot is not. You can see it from the live shows of this year.

a "star" of the best band shouldent talk to his fans over msn and shit...bla bal myspace

Fuck that.

ITs not IRON MAIDEn.

Yeah, GN'R is no longer a real band. Stupid fuckers... They have a website! <_< And the guitarist talks to fans! <_< What a bunch of pussies. <_<

:rolleyes:

Edited by worldwideboss

bbf

Fuck that.

ITs not IRON MAIDEn.

What kind of post was this? I'm still hunting for some sort of cohesion, point or message to it, but I really can't find one.

You're criticising him for being nice? That's a Gn'R fan taking it to a new level. :rolleyes:

Yeah, GN'R is no longer a real band. Stupid fuckers... They have a website! <_< And the guitarist talks to fans! <_< What a bunch of pussies. <_<

whats wrong with communicating to fans, is that to nice of a rocker to do so? they are still regarded as one of the deadliest bands in the world.

Maybe you should read my quote better. ;)

whats wrong with communicating to fans, is that to nice of a rocker to do so? they are still regarded as one of the deadliest bands in the world.

He was being sarcastic.