AOL is calling the new GNR tour a "reunion tour"

ThomasMeadow

If i can say ONE that that is a little negativ about Gn'R its the alck of promo.

It wasent neccesary in europe

Of course it was. There were people at the gigs I went to who had NO idea who was in the band. Some people were expecting Izzy and Duff.. (Well, they got Izzy technically, but yeah..)

The GNR name sells, which is lucky for them, but the European promotion was awful. Every single poster was the logo. No new faces. Hell, some even had the OLD band.

If i can say ONE that that is a little negativ about Gn'R its the alck of promo.

It wasent neccesary in europe

Of course it was. There were people at the gigs I went to who had NO idea who was in the band. Some people were expecting Izzy and Duff.. (Well, they got Izzy technically, but yeah..)

The GNR name sells, which is lucky for them, but the European promotion was awful. Every single poster was the logo. No new faces. Hell, some even had the OLD band.

I think it's rather clear management wants to avoid making it known the band only consists of one original member. With commercials featuring Slash and Duff, they're manipulating nostalgia in order to sell tickets..

-Kickingthehabit

GNR and management would love for people to think its a reunion tour. It sells more tickets, they could give 2 shis what people think once their in the arena as they have their money already.

As someone said earlier, they do everything possible to avoid promoting the fact it is only Axl left by featuring the all new line-up. The name has so much brand equity that they only use it and the logo, because it sells albums and tickets on its own. Why spoil the fun for casual fans not in the loop on what the current line-up is.

Guest Georgiarain

It wasent neccesary in europe, but for some reason it is in USA

Maybe because the confusion of news travels faster in our part of the world?

A reunion with who?

Edited by Georgiarain