AOL is calling the new GNR tour a "reunion tour"

ThomasMeadow

You know, there's a difference between making a mistake by placing the word "reunion" there, and saying that this tour has all of the original members. AOL isn't a hardcore fanbase of Guns N' Roses. The word "reunion" could just be an error. AOL aren't sitting at their desks and looking on these forums all day to know that some people want a reunion, so they'll just put up this headline to spite you people.

It never clicks to you people that this could just be a mistake. You know, a fault.

I just called Merck's assistant and complained. She's very helpful.

We discussed my theory that Merck is secretly plotting to get an Axl/Slash reunion by intentionally running Axl's second comeback into the ground. The thought being, once Axl fails and needs money, he'll be forced to make peace with Slash.

She refused to confirm or deny my theory.

Also, she said they were totally unaware of any problems with buying tickets through the website. Just like the lookouts on the Titanic watching for ice bergs, I guess.

you actually contacted them about this?

what a lunatic! :lol:

You know, there's a difference between making a mistake by placing the word "reunion" there, and saying that this tour has all of the original members. AOL isn't a hardcore fanbase of Guns N' Roses. The word "reunion" could just be an error. AOL aren't sitting at their desks and looking on these forums all day to know that some people want a reunion, so they'll just put up this headline to spite you people.

It never clicks to you people that this could just be a mistake. You know, a fault.

do you think aol just made up their news and headlines? they came from somewhere... maybe, just maybe, they came from teh same management company who refuses to call this band a band, refuses to put pictures and bios up, cuts them out of the videos, spells their names incorrectly, etc...

and i'm sure it was just another mistake when they publicized the european tour using slash and duff. whoopsie... just a little mistake. anyone could have missed it, right?

Yes, it's all one big conspiracy theory out to get reunionized fans. Cripes man, come up for air. If they intentionally put black bars over the other band members, then it would be weird. They show them, but they show them fast. So? I've seen plenty of live DVDs that do that when they're pro-shot. It's not a huge conspiracy out to get you.

Next, we have spelling their names incorrectly. Well, you think the site is sub-par anyways, so who cares if anything is spelled properly? I'm sure you shouldn't care, but nah, this is a huge conspiracy.

Finally, pictures and bios. Ah yes, the items of a website that could be done instantly. Do they? No. Why? Who knows really? However, if you're telling me that they don't want people knowing this band because of a lack of biographies, you need a head examination, and a fast one.

The pictures of Slash really don't matter. People who buy tickets for this band should know that Velvet Revolver exists, even if they don't know the new band. Really, I hear Guns N' Roses and I want to go see them. I don't care who is on the poster. This band played a cut-off World Tour in 2002, was on the VMAs with Buckethead who is now the one that is gone, and now they're on another tour, and you're telling me that Slash on a poster gets thousands of tickets because people think he's still in? Maybe you better reach deeper into your theories.

Edited by Zeppelin

If i can say ONE that that is a little negativ about Gn'R its the alck of promo.

It wasent neccesary in europe

Of course it was. There were people at the gigs I went to who had NO idea who was in the band. Some people were expecting Izzy and Duff.. (Well, they got Izzy technically, but yeah..)

The GNR name sells, which is lucky for them, but the European promotion was awful. Every single poster was the logo. No new faces. Hell, some even had the OLD band.

Yeah, that's true. I also remember seeing a television commercial advertizing Wembley's concerts (it was actually in between Download highlights) and it showed footage of Axl, mostly from the Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City videos. That's bound to mislead a lot of people.

Edited by LCG

do you think aol just made up their news and headlines? they came from somewhere... maybe, just maybe, they came from teh same management company who refuses to call this band a band, refuses to put pictures and bios up, cuts them out of the videos, spells their names incorrectly, etc...

and i'm sure it was just another mistake when they publicized the european tour using slash and duff. whoopsie... just a little mistake. anyone could have missed it, right?

:rofl-lol: Love the conspiracy theories! But yes, AOL most certainly did just make up their news and headlines. It's guaranteed the problem is the lack of information and not misinformation. When you don't give the media the info, they have to dig it up on their own, and with GNR's loooong standing lack of information, it's not very easy to get! There aren't that many GNR fans working as copy or news editors at AOL, and even the fans have to dig very deep!

Not sure about just blaming Merck, it's been like this for so long, it almost certainly is Axl's own 'veil of silence' (combined with the fear instilled in all his co-workers and employees about giving out information). Also, publicity is usually handled by the record company, not management.

Supplemental publicity is obviously needed, though. That's a no-brainer. Just not sure who the no-brain is behind this current set of promotional shortcomings. Sounds like somebody's being cheap.

This is why the new guys need to be promoted.. :rolleyes:

GNR's management are utter shit.

Your right :drevil:

every one that`s not up to date whit GNR thinks it`s a reunion......

Any publicity is good right? I mean if AOL promotes GnR's tour as a reunion then what's the harm? The band get their publicity right? The only people that I would see being pissed is the current members of the band, and I doubt they really care. Once CD comes out people will start to pay attention.