Born in the USA- Bruce Springsteen

adnan

I've never understood the hype around this guy.

East coast darling = overhyped! same thing happens in sports. that's where 90% of the mainstream media is based from, so anything that they personally hold dear is always going to be overhyped, or over-praised.

i really do like alot of Springsteen's stuff. but, i don't get the whole "Boss" thing. maybe if i'd been a teen growing up in Jersey in '75 i'd get it. but as a teen in Texas in the 80's it doesn't quite translate.

I've never understood the hype around this guy.

East coast darling = overhyped! same thing happens in sports. that's where 90% of the mainstream media is based from, so anything that they personally hold dear is always going to be overhyped, or over-praised.

I honestly don't think the east coast thing had anything to do with it. Bruce is simply the Bob Dylan of his generation. He writes great lyrics, great epic, sweeping music to go with it, and is simply one of the greatest songwriters of all time. Period. Dylan wasn't from the east coast, he was from fucking MINNESOTA. When you have the kind of gift that he and Bruce have, you can be from another plannet and still get huge.