Dream Theater

mr.b

get images and words and octavarium, although octavarium isn't like the usual shred fest they're known for. so i would say go for I&W.

better than dream theater is Liquid Tension Experiment - basically DT without the shit vocals and bass playing. tony levin plays bass and kicks the shit out of john myung who has nothing but speed, and only plays in unison with petrucci - who's playing i love.

also petrucci's solo album - Suspended Animation is pretty sweet too

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 8 2006, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ye all said different albums... How is the new album? The 3 disc one isnt it?...

It`s a bloddy good live album, they use a orchestra and it`s almost 3 hours of enjoyment :)

You can also find the same show on DVD..

Id recomend a listening to the scenes from a memory album.... pure prog magic imo

Ahh I love Dream Theater! I've seen them twice, and they were great both times.

Weird 'cause I wore a DT tee today for the first time in a quite a while.

Awake is probably my favorite album - Erotomania my favorite song at the moment. B)

I like the "Live at Budokan" album.

The band is awesome. Every musician in the band has amazing talent -- I'm surprised egos haven't split them up. They're definitely not a mainstream band - many of their songs are over 10 minutes long. lol. But they have kind of a cult following. A friend bought me one of their albums last Christmas, and I was hooked.

I like the "Live at Budokan" album.

The band is awesome. Every musician in the band has amazing talent -- I'm surprised egos haven't split them up. They're definitely not a mainstream band - many of their songs are over 10 minutes long. lol. But they have kind of a cult following. A friend bought me one of their albums last Christmas, and I was hooked.

Totally!

I have the Live at Budokan DVD...amazing. You're right madison, they're all amazingly talented. I think it's a real shame they don't get as much recognition as they deserve...but still, awesome band. And live, they hit every note perfect every time, it's unbelievable!