CD Tracklist & Release Date Odd Rumour

Jackamo!

Axl spoke of Oklahoma before & described it.

He was for sure not talking about RHiad, rhiad has nothing to do with the Oklahoma Bombing....

Ah, well then I'm back to thinking that yes, they are the same song. I'm almost certain of it. I know what he said about Oklahoma, assuming he only mentioned it that one time. But you can't tell what he was thinking when he wrote the lyrics and especially the title. Lyrics aren't graphic, he doesn't have to describe Oklahoma, he was referring to personal annihilation with Oklahoma happening in the background. (And actually, it wouldn't surprise me if he changed the title back to Oklahoma, seeing as when it was first debuted, I think it was the song that was still untitled, it was just a working title).

Ah, well then I'm back to thinking that yes, they are the same song. I'm almost certain of it. I know what he said about Oklahoma, assuming he only mentioned it that one time. But you can't tell what he was thinking when he wrote the lyrics and especially the title. Lyrics aren't graphic, he doesn't have to describe Oklahoma, he was referring to personal annihilation with Oklahoma happening in the background. (And actually, it wouldn't surprise me if he changed the title back to Oklahoma, seeing as when it was first debuted, I think it was the song that was still untitled, it was just a working title).

Then if that's the case:

1. Where did the title "Rhiad and the Bedouins" come from? Just because Axl sung those lyrics in the first line of the song - which in my opinion isn't a bad way for fans to class an untitled song,:)

2. In a copy of the setlist for I think it was either one of the latter New York or early European gigs - it had "Rhiad" was an "optional" song on the setlist.:o:)

There was a tracklist I saw where it said the final roster for the CD and it gave the order. I can't find it now though, if I can I will post it. It might be false, but it was recent so I don't know. Here's what I remember:

-IRS was indeed on it, I believe it was the opener, and I don't know how you guys don't like it, I think it's a great song.

-Better was like number 5 or something.

-There Was a Time (TWAT) was there.

-Chinese Democracy was last on the album.

-The Blues was near the end of the album.

-Madagascar was near the beginning of the album I think.

-Also a song called Catcher in the Rye, don't know if you guys have heard it, but it's a good song.

-Rhiad and the Bedouins was not on the album, neither was Oh My God.

The album has something like 13 songs on it, can't remember exactly.

Again, this might be wrong, but it's what I saw.

Edited by Dave10

There was a tracklist I saw where it said the final roster for the CD and it gave the order. I can't find it now though, if I can I will post it. It might be false, but it was recent so I don't know. Here's what I remember:

-IRS was indeed on it, I believe it was the opener, and I don't know how you guys don't like it, I think it's a great song.

-Also a song called Catcher in the Rye, don't know if you guys have heard it, but it's a good song.

Thanks for the info :P

:fuckyou: fuck the ones who with their sarcastic remarks towards your post!

Then if that's the case:

1. Where did the title "Rhiad and the Bedouins" come from? Just because Axl sung those lyrics in the first line of the song - which in my opinion isn't a bad way for fans to class an untitled song,:)

2. In a copy of the setlist for I think it was either one of the latter New York or early European gigs - it had "Rhiad" was an "optional" song on the setlist.:o:)

You can never second guess somebody's lyrics. For all you know Rhiad and the Bedouins could be a metaphor for something else. He said he was in a courthouse when he got the idea for the song, maybe the judge's name was Judge Rhyad. Or maybe at the time Axl thought Oklahoma was being attacked by Arab terrorists. It could be anything.

You have to guess that 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' will be on the album because it's listed under options on the current tour setlist. Remember a guy posted a picture of the setlist from the Vegas show and 'There Was A Time', 'Chinese Democracy', 'Madagascar' and 'Rhiad' were all listed under options.

The only part of this post I agree with are the comments on "IRS". I definitely think this song should an *earlier* song on the album... though not exactly an opener. I'm not surprised to hear about "The Blues" either if this is true.:)

Do you remember any other songs on the list? Where exactly did you see/get this information? It's always funny how these "scoopers" never seem to be able to list any other songs other than that we know, like the guy who claimed to have heard those new Chinese Democracy songs in London in May. For shame.:no:

You can never second guess somebody's lyrics.

No, what I meant was was the title "Rhiad and the Bedouins" actually given by Axl himself as the name of the song? All I know was that it was introduced as a song that was "under heavy development", and I just assumed that he had also called it "Rhiad and the Bedouins" somewhere along the line. Did he never actually identify this song by name - i.e.: "It's called 'Madagascar'", "This is called 'Silkworms'", etc..

For all you know Rhiad and the Bedouins could be a metaphor for something else. He said he was in a courthouse when he got the idea for the song, maybe the judge's name was Judge Rhyad.

*Ahem*... "Rhiad" is a distorted version of the capital of Saudi Arabia - "Riyadh", the north of where the Bedouins are supposedly from.:rolleyes:

Edited by RedEurope

I saw this from a site where you can download it, but the download thing was messed up so I couldn't get it. I went back to try to find it quickly but I couldn't. I'll look more later.

There weren't many songs that we haven't heard of on there. There were a few, but I don't remember the names as they aren't big(at least yet).

I don't know anymore about the Rhiad and the Bedouins situation other than what I read. Again, these aren't my thoughts on the album or anything, I'm just sharing this info with you guys.

Oh yeah, I *think* that Oklahoma was on the list as well, but I may be wrong. I think I remember seeing its name though.

You have to guess that 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' will be on the album because it's listed under options on the current tour setlist. Remember a guy posted a picture of the setlist from the Vegas show and 'There Was A Time', 'Chinese Democracy', 'Madagascar' and 'Rhiad' were all listed under options.

It was probably on there because it was a song that was already rehearsed, no relation to it being on the album or not.

No, what I meant was was the title "Rhiad and the Bedouins" actually given by Axl himself as the name of the song? All I know was that it was introduced as a song that was "under heavy development", and I just assumed that he had also called it "Rhiad and the Bedouins" somewhere along the line. Did he never actually identify this song by name - i.e.: "It's called 'Madagascar'", "This is called 'Silkworms'", etc..

I think it was seen written on a set list.

*Ahem*... "Rhiad" is a distorted version of the capital of Saudi Arabia - "Riyadh", the north of where the Bedouins are supposedly from.:rolleyes:

Yes, but you don't know if that's where the title originates. You have to be inside Axl's head to know that.

FAKE!

Much like RedEurope's 'information'.

Hey, do me a favour...

See if darknemus correlates this information.:)

I saw this from a site where you can download it, but the download thing was messed up so I couldn't get it. I went back to try to find it quickly but I couldn't. I'll look more later.

So if you couldn't download it how did you get the information?:o

Or do you mean to say you downloaded earlier then went back and it was f**ked because you tried again and it wasn't working?

There weren't many songs that we haven't heard of on there.

What, not even one?:o

There were a few, but I don't remember the names as they aren't big(at least yet).

Were any of these songs on there:

H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _?

_ _ _ _ _ _?

I don't know anymore about the Rhiad and the Bedouins situation other than what I read. Again, these aren't my thoughts on the album or anything, I'm just sharing this info with you guys.

Oh yeah, I *think* that Oklahoma was on the list as well, but I may be wrong. I think I remember seeing its name though.

:)

I think it was seen written on a set list.

Nice way to use my arguments against me... but it won't work.:o:)

FAKE!

yup i agree and to jackamo post who ever put that on that p2p program there wrong axl said there will be 13 tracks the track you posting has 12

crap, I must have mistyped it on the first post. The document has 13. I'll fix it.

Someone asked about the old tracklist for CD.

This I Love

Prostitute

TWAT

No Love Remains

Zip It

Hearts Always Get Killed

Friend Or Foe

Cock-a-Roach Soup

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Oklahoma

I.R.S.

The Blues

Catcher In The Rye

This Life

Closing In On You

Strange Disease

Never Had It

Something Always

Suckerpunched

I believe these were the rumored songs for the album in like 1999, the really old tracklist.

FAKE!

yup i agree and to jackamo post who ever put that on that p2p program there wrong axl said there will be 13 tracks the track you posting has 12

crap, I must have mistyped it on the first post. The document has 13. I'll fix it.

ok your right i was reading it fast but we do not know what going be on the album

i think the new songs we heard will be on the album

Edited by thomase