KISS

ssiscool

are you a fan of kiss  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big fan...but I lost all respect when they put Tommy Thayer in Ace's make up and costume and Eric Singer in Peter's make up and costume.

You just don't fuck with the original members' personas...especially just to keep the money machine rolling.

I dunno, they did leave... it wasn't the same, admittedly, but you knew it wasn't. I think to give them their own persona would've been better.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fan...but I lost all respect when they put Tommy Thayer in Ace's make up and costume and Eric Singer in Peter's make up and costume.

You just don't fuck with the original members' personas...especially just to keep the money machine rolling.

I dunno, they did leave... it wasn't the same, admittedly, but you knew it wasn't. I think to give them their own persona would've been better.

Yes they did leave,but the idea behind the make up and costumes going back on was a reunion tour of the original four.

Once it played itself out,if Gene and Paul wanted to continue on with Kiss they should have gone back to the non makeup format.Get Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick back and continue on.

What they did to Ace and Peter and the FANS (whom they claim to honour so much) by letting other people adapt those personas was disrespectful.

• 4 months later...

Saw Kiss for the 1st time in 1995, Alice in Chains opened. What a great atmosphere, the venue was sold out, mom/dads and kids had their face painted. 2 guys dressed up like Gene and Paul with 3-piece suits and full makeup. As they walked to their seats with beers, the crowd went nuts. Great show. I imagine it was like the 1970's all over again, with more pyro/explosions and video screens.

I saw them the next year, and the venue was half-filled, and some crap band opened up. That was enough "Kiss" for me, but they are a pretty good band. I would not pay to see them again though, especially with the fake Ace/Peter.

I imagine it was like the 1970's all over again,

It wasn't..

The '96 tour was cool.I drove down to Detroit for the first show at Tiger Stadium.It was insane!!

I may or may not have posession of one MASTER of two known video bootlegs of the show B)

After that,I saw two shows in Cleveland,one in Pittsburgh,Hamilton,Toronto and Buffalo...or something like that (I'd have to look it up).

The difference was..'96 was "out of make up" Kiss back in make up.The mystique was gone.

It was Gene Simmons in Kiss make up...know what I mean?

He walked around the stage like "out of make up" Gene Simmons would,he'd spit on the floor etc.

When I first saw them in '76 it was the stage and costumes just like on the cover of Alive.I was within 10 or so rows of the stage (Gene's side).Back then you got the characters on stage...you got "the demon" from the beginning of the show to the end,he never dropped out of character once...it was amazing!Same with the rest of the guys (Peter was about the loosest,he walked across the stage at one point holding a bottle of Jack and he took a big gulp).

You just stood there in amazement thinking "who ARE these guys??!!".

It was a captivating show from beginning to end...as was the Love Gun tour I saw in '77.

All the mystique was gone in '96.It was a nostalgia cash grab...but a cool one.

When I first saw them in '76 they were just tasting success from Alive,Destroyer wasn't out yet...they were still several months away from blowing right through the stratosphere.

They were hungry for it and it showed on stage...intense performers back then,no question about that!

But '96 it was a completely different vibe than the 70's.

I almost wish they hadn't done it and kept the classic era a closely guarded legacy.

They've certainly driven it right into the fuckin ground.

Hang up the platforms and call Bruce!

KISS rock. People discount them for just being 'gimmicky', but they have some class songs. Ace was one sweet guitarist. Alive! is still their best album though...

And that sounds awesome Zint, those early concerts would have been amazing.

don't like kiss they were driven by nothing but women and money.

and this is bad why :drevil:

cause they put that before their music. music should always come first.

isn't one of the main reasons why guys start rock bands to be famous and get girls :)

anyways KISS has always played simplistic hard rock and they lived like the sang,nothing wrong with that....they never tried to be serious artists(except for The Elder,but lets not mention that "masterpiece"). They played pure rock in the 70's and still play the same,kinda like ACDC.