Finally got a Wah pedal today.

Well i must admit, i'd always thought Wah pedals a little corny, but after listerning to Clapton, who is the wah king, use one so well on Derek and the Dominos Live at the Fillmore East i then decided to get one. I got the same model he and Jimi Hendrix used, the original Wah pedals, the Vox. And man do these things rule, i tried a Crybaby but the Vox is so much better, it just instantly has that classic tone we've all heard on so many recordings.

I am quite addicted to it now hahaha, i cant stop playing funk heheehe.

It's alot easier to use than i thought, but i want to try and get as good as Clapton uses one, where during his solo he can sync his foot so well into his hands, instead of mindlessly just rocking his foot away which i think alot of people just do.

Anyway, no point to this thread really, but saying how much Wah's rule.

Oh and i just learnt the other day Wah pedals were made to simulate the sound of a trumpet mute, never knew that

I bought a wah pedal, a Crybaby, thinking it was the greatest thing in the world and I dont really use it that much. I only really use it to play Voodoo Child, All Along The Watchtower, and Sweet Child O Mine.

But they are awsome, when I get bored (which rarely happens) I like turning off the distortion and playing chords while wahing, it just sounds really funky and sweet.

I'll have to incorperate that into my own solos more, its a cool effect. I just never really get around to walking back to the wah pedal on stage and I dont think about it too much when Im writing a solo for a song or whatever, I get lost in the solos too easily and just kinda forget about everything else for that 30 seconds or so.

I bought a wah pedal, a Crybaby, thinking it was the greatest thing in the world and I dont really use it that much. I only really use it to play Voodoo Child, All Along The Watchtower, and Sweet Child O Mine.

But they are awsome, when I get bored (which rarely happens) I like turning off the distortion and playing chords while wahing, it just sounds really funky and sweet.

I'll have to incorperate that into my own solos more, its a cool effect. I just never really get around to walking back to the wah pedal on stage and I dont think about it too much when Im writing a solo for a song or whatever, I get lost in the solos too easily and just kinda forget about everything else for that 30 seconds or so.

Yeah i get what you mean mate, i'd rather just play my guitar rather than dancing over pedals. And People can really over use their wahs, i went to one local gig once and the lead guitarist from the band used a wah pedal for each bloody solo, which made all his solos sound the same.

I've been trialing all the riffs i've written with the pedal and ive found one which really works well, the others ill think i keep Wah free.

As so soloing its great because it means i concertrate less on my playing and more on my foot, which makes me play better because when i think too hard about playing i suck.

You tried the "woman" tone with your wah yet? Rock it back and then a tiiiiiny bit forward til you got like a muddy quacky type sound. that's fuckin cool. or rock it and leave it mid way, sounds similar to a talk box

You can do lots of wierd stuff with but try not just rocking backwards n forwards. Try emphisise certain notes when playin' solo's n shit. Sounds fuckin cool

You tried the "woman" tone with your wah yet? Rock it back and then a tiiiiiny bit forward til you got like a muddy quacky type sound. that's fuckin cool. or rock it and leave it mid way, sounds similar to a talk box

You can do lots of wierd stuff with but try not just rocking backwards n forwards. Try emphisise certain notes when playin' solo's n shit. Sounds fuckin cool

Yeah, having it right back, tone on 0, neck pickup, and no treble on my amp. Thats a full on woman tone hehehee, can't use it live though, you wont cut through the mix.

Back in the 60's and 70's dudes would turn on their wah pedals for their solos and leave it right forward so they would penetrate and cut through the band. Now we have two channel amps, overdrive pedals etc.