Cornell in Audioslave

adnan

Even though his voice is- unfortunately- not at all as powerful as before, it's still a goddamn instrument.

i just had my ipod on shuffle and i thought that when the song 'somedays' came on, that's a great song. i gotta spend more time on that album. this morning i was listening to badmotorfinger and was totally enveloped by his voice.

I still love his voice. I thought he sounded almost perfect on the AS debut and excellent on Revelations. But I think he's similar to Axl at this stage in their careers where they will sound much better in the studio than live.

AS kicks ass, can't believe you guys don't like 'em....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Shame the songs he's singing are boring, middle of the road generic rock.

I Couldn't have said it better myself. He is totally wasted in Audioslave.

Then you'll be glad to know that he's working on a solo album right now that should be out at the beginning of next year.

Edited by Malicious Matt

No, no, his voice is still strong. In the studio, that is. Live, it can seem a bit tired. But I definitely think he still has one of the strongest voices in the business, and he'll always be one of my favourite singers.

Agreed.

I think he remains one of the all-time greatest rock vocalists.

No, no, his voice is still strong. In the studio, that is. Live, it can seem a bit tired. But I definitely think he still has one of the strongest voices in the business, and he'll always be one of my favourite singers.

Agreed.

Thirded... I notice little problem with his voice. The band is great, and I think Tom Morello, though not slash, is interesting. They are a great band.

Agreed.

I fourth that!

Chris Cornell is great ^_^

I had all my Cornell stuff in a playlist today, that's Badmotorfinger, Superunknown and Audioslave. I couldn't really tell which album was which without thinking up the names. I really disagree about his voice getting shot, It's just as good now as it always was IMO.

Go listen to a song like Slaves and Bulldozers and tell me that he can still sing like he used to.

Shame the songs he's singing are boring, middle of the road generic rock.

I Couldn't have said it better myself. He is totally wasted in Audioslave.

Fuck YES! Thank you! I agree totally!

EDIT:

I'm speaking more in terms of songs than vocals.

Edited by Ions