guitar help?

ok, i jus started guitar n im learning. forgive any ignorance here cuz i dunno jackshit about the guitar other than im dyin to learn how to play. ok, so i got 15 begginners chords down, someone told me thats where to start. i asked em what to do after n they said learn barre chords. now i dont got no books i jus kinda...im like a hanger onner on people who play guitar n i dont get what a barre chords is. the closest i can figure is its just one of the first 15 only u re-finger then using ur forefinger as a bar so u can move it up n down the guitar. is that right? if not, then like...what do i do? n i dont get none of this shit about keys n stuff. somebody please help? n i cant tune the shit!!! i even got one of those electric tuner motherfuckers, i find myself turning the key, not finding the right thingie n endin up snappin the fuckin string! :lol: (yes, im stupid). maybe im too old to be learnin the shit, im 18, most people i knowed started like 11/12/13...by the time i get anywhere, i'll be a fuckin old man.

Edited by frankwhite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barre_chord

And don't fret (AHAHAHAHA A JOKE I MAKE JOKE) being 18. I picked up a guitar for the first time one year ago when I was 17 and its never too late to start. The key thing that you have is a desire to get better. And the more practise you put in, and the more you learn, the more rewarding it'll be. Sure there may be people better than you that are younger, but at the end of the day its no competition. If you enjoy playing and the sound it makes then thats all you need. good luck.

ok, i jus started guitar n im learning. forgive any ignorance here cuz i dunno jackshit about the guitar other than im dyin to learn how to play. ok, so i got 15 begginners chords down, someone told me thats where to start. i asked em what to do after n they said learn barre chords. now i dont got no books i jus kinda...im like a hanger onner on people who play guitar n i dont get what a barre chords is. the closest i can figure is its just one of the first 15 only u re-finger then using ur forefinger as a bar so u can move it up n down the guitar. is that right? if not, then like...what do i do? n i dont get none of this shit about keys n stuff. somebody please help? n i cant tune the shit!!! i even got one of those electric tuner motherfuckers, i find myself turning the key, not finding the right thingie n endin up snappin the fuckin string! :lol: (yes, im stupid). maybe im too old to be learnin the shit, im 18, most people i knowed started like 11/12/13...by the time i get anywhere, i'll be a fuckin old man.

I only started a couple of weeks ago it only hit me that i got better like yesterday. Just keep trying to dude. You'll get the hang of it.