Don't want CD to come out

jaeger

There is only one tiny part of me that doesn't want CD to come out.

and that's because I've never been a GNR fan without waiting for CD. So once we have it, I'll be thinking".....what now?"

There won't be anything else this big in front of us. And when it's finally here I get the idea it won't feel right.

It'll feel ended.

No it will be Rebeginded!!!!!!!! :xmassrudolph:

I'm sorry to say this, but is 'pathetasad' a word?

Probably the best word I can think of to describe many "fans" of GNR. It's not that the world isn't "ready" for Chinese Democracy, nor that we're not worthy of a "masterpiece" (hard to call something a masterpiece when it hasn't been heard yet), but it has everything to do with the fact that if this album isn't amazing, it's going to be difficult for many of you to deal with. The amount of stress that's exhibited on these boards about the album reaching number one is beyond belief. While I wish the best for Axl and co., whether the album reaches number one, or if it's a critical success has little bearing on me as a fan or how I will receive the album.

It seems to me that most of you want Chinese Democracy to reach number one not for Axl's benefit, but for your own psyche. If it reaches #1 on the charts, you can justify the wait; you can run around to your friends in triumph over something you had no part of (other than buying the album). Again, I want this band to do well, but it's just a fucking rock n' roll album. Stop living like Chinese Democracy is your life. Like Axl said in 2002, "go live your life."

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

The world has been ready for a long time.

I can't wait for this cd to be released.

I wonder what will happen afterwards though, will Guns n Roses go their separate ways or begin working on another album which can take another 13 years and if they did will you wait?

Have you ever concidered that they will do little promotion before the album hits shelves. but when it hits. They will have a massive campaign. The wait is over GO TO YOUR STORE NOW!

When appetite was released not many knew about it. WTTJ was not a smashing hit from the start. It was still abit cult. But when SCOM came along it just got mainstream, and big.

Same thing will probably happen again. People who follow the music industry will know that it is comming out. Average joe don't care and has little idea. Then they see a comercial about it on tv. And it's out. Guns N Roses. they check it out and if it's good music. The word will spread and sell itself.

I sort of like the idea that Axl has all this music and then in the end turns round and says Fuck You you cant have it. The media is convinced that it is coming but maybe in the end it may never come. Like Princes Black album but nobody really knew about it. But with CD there have been articles about it and you Axl has been making music really inspite of what people wanted which was a quick record with original band. So you know he has all these piano ballads which are his and he might share it with us. I might be cool to never get the album.

You could also promote an album AFTER it`s out!

it might not have the same effect.

If the album is good. it will sell good. Even with little promotion.

But it could work with after release promotion. That is the most commen on TV at leasat. Never weaks before. Not over here anyway. The marketing campaign usually starts a week or so before the album is released. There might be a single etc on the radio. But that doesn't mean it has to be the same for GNR. They've been known to go their ways. ;)

And there was little promotion on the europe tour. And it sold out! ;)

Were there ads for GH and Live ERA - I didnt see one for Live ERA - saw one for End of Days tho.

"This shit right here, it sells itself"

i seen an advert for GH it started playing SCOM then Jungle then it showed the album if i remember correctly

Were there ads for GH and Live ERA - I didnt see one for Live ERA - saw one for End of Days tho.

i seen an advert for GH it started playing SCOM then Jungle then it showed the album if i remember correctly

Yes. the TV comercial. But it didn't show before the album was out. Or maybe a week before.

the bricks will fall into place soon enough. So we will know then.

Yes. the TV comercial. But it didn't show before the album was out. Or maybe a week before.

the bricks will fall into place soon enough. So we will know then.

yeah shouldent be long now

A huuuuuuuge part of me wants CD now, but theres a part of me that don't want it to come out. I don't know why, maybe because I don't think the world is ready to hear CD. I mean, the real promotion haven't really started. And I think atleast six months of promo would be good. Let the world know that Slash is up axl's ass and that BBF is so fookin cool. The Average Joe doesen't even know that GN'R still exists, and I think that Geffen want that Joe to buy the frickin album.

2006 is too soon. Spring, 2007 would be more appropriate. I wouldn't mind waiting another year or so, to absolute perfection. Hehe, I think that everybody here hates me now :D

:xmassrudolph:

The entire fucking world is waiting this album for 10 years. 10 fucking years!!!!! Don't you think is time enough?

GNR is a self promoting band, period!!!!!

A huuuuuuuge part of me wants CD now, but theres a part of me that don't want it to come out. I don't know why, maybe because I don't think the world is ready to hear CD. I mean, the real promotion haven't really started. And I think atleast six months of promo would be good. Let the world know that Slash is up axl's ass and that BBF is so fookin cool. The Average Joe doesen't even know that GN'R still exists, and I think that Geffen want that Joe to buy the frickin album.

2006 is too soon. Spring, 2007 would be more appropriate. I wouldn't mind waiting another year or so, to absolute perfection. Hehe, I think that everybody here hates me now :D

It's a damn cd fuck it's not like it comes out with Oprah on it...I wish it did though damn...... :heart:

Oh my god, you fucked up bunch of moronic psychopaths!!!

You DONT want CD to come out? You'd rather WAIT a bit longer? You want it to be PERFECT?

You're scared that you wont have anything to look forward to after its released?

Most of you are fucking children who have been fans for about 4 years!! :blink:

You haven't been waiting as long as most people here!! I dont think people want to wait anymore because this whole episode is fucking stupid!!

We have been given an awesome tour, some awesome new songs played, a highly more-than- likely release period. And you lot don't want that?

Regardless if all you children "think" you know the band, all of the ideals that I have read upto this point that say that the Album should wait because it's "not the right time", are all just fucking retarded!!

Why is Axl doing all this now? Its because in his mind, its the RIGHT TIME!!!! I thought that you lot would agree with the man since you're always hanging off his balls most of the time...

:fuckyou:

Axl is that you?