GNR partnership with MLB (Major League Baseball)

eRomano

Like many of you, I registered for "GNR e-mails" on gunsnroses.com after reading Sanctyary's press release entitled: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL ADVANCED MEDIA

After registering, I started to receive many MLB.COM e-mails:

"Take 15% off all personalized products!" 10/03/2006

"In all Series-ness, the fun has begun" 10/05/2006

"DHL presents the MLB Delivery Man of the Year Award. Vote and you could win!" 10/06/2006

"World Series gear is here! Plus, take an additional 20% off our outlet" 10/10/2006

"The ALCS begins at 8 p.m. ET. Tune in on FOX" 10/11/2006

And received zero GNR related e-mails.

Am I the only one who is receiving all those MLB.COM e-mails and no GNR related e-mails?

Like many of you, I registered for "GNR e-mails" on gunsnroses.com after reading Sanctyary's press release entitled: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL ADVANCED MEDIA

After registering, I started to receive many MLB.COM e-mails:

"Take 15% off all personalized products!" 10/03/2006

"In all Series-ness, the fun has begun" 10/05/2006

"DHL presents the MLB Delivery Man of the Year Award. Vote and you could win!" 10/06/2006

"World Series gear is here! Plus, take an additional 20% off our outlet" 10/10/2006

"The ALCS begins at 8 p.m. ET. Tune in on FOX" 10/11/2006

And received zero GNR related e-mails.

Am I the only one who is receiving all those MLB.COM e-mails and no GNR related e-mails?

I made a topic about it here a while ago.

But most of the repliers failed to understand that mlb.com is different from gunsnroses.com

We signed up for mail from gunsnroses.com and all we get is mail from mlb.com wich we did not agree to

Edited by -Sephiroth-

I received one yesterday that said "Exclusive Online Tickets: Guns N' Roses coming to WI"

The inside of the email said

THE MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD IS BACK!

And better than ever. With the upcoming release of their epic, years-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy," Axl Rose and the Gunners are out on the road to save rock 'n' roll once again, and they're coming to your area! Don't miss this rare opportunity to get the hottest ticket in town before everyone else. For all tour dates and tickets visit the new Gunsnroses.com.

Pre-sale dates in your area

Date City Venue Tickets

11.29.06 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

All pre-sale events this week

Date City Venue Tickets

11.25.06 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills

11.27.06 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena

12.01.06 Ames, IA Hilton Coliseum

12.02.06 Minneapolis, MN Target Center

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy © 2006 Guns N' Roses. All Rights Reserved

Please review our privacy policy:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/help/mlb...out_privacy.jsp.

You received this message because you registered to receive commercial e-mail messages from MLB.com. If you no longer wish to receive commercial e-mail messages from mlb.com,

please unsubscribe.

Postal Address: MLB.com, c/o MLB Advanced Media, L.P.,

75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011.

© 2006 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved. All Major League Baseball trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All other marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Isn't there an anti spam law in the US? Because I received those emails, too. And I'm pretty sure I only signed up for "commercial emails from gunsnroses.com". But I got a lot of mails from "lists.mlb.com".

Anyway there is this part at the end of the emails "You received this message because you registered to receive commercial e-mail messages from MLB.com. If you no longer wish to receive commercial e-mail messages from MLB.com, please click here to unsubscribe."

So I unregistered. Not that I registered in the first place. Please tell me when there is a GNR related email. I hope to receive it. Because I subscribed to that list and never unsubscribed from it.

If there are GNR email please tell me what's the address of the sender. If that is different from "lists.mlb.com", but you can only get mails from both lists "lists.mlb.com" will simply go to my spam folder".

Has somebody read the complete "Terms of use" and "privacy policy". I only had a short look but I couldn't find anywhere taht subscribing to "gunsnroses.com" email lists included subscribtions to other lists like "lists.mlb.com" or any other third party lists. If this isn't mentioned somewhere they might get sued for sending spam mails or using private data otherwise than authorised (at least in Germany, that would work). I won't do that, but anyway here we have another time GNR might end up at court thus giving them another reason to delay CD ;-)

I never even got a update on the added concert Dec. 20 in L.A that sucks I think I might email MLB and tell them that. I don't mind reading thier junk mail if i get some good GNR email but otherwise forget it :unsure:

Edited by chesire78

Did anyone buy tickets with this promo? I did for MSG, GA seats. I e-mailed customer service about status of tickets two days ago, have not heard from them. I also purshased tickets thru ticketmaster, I already have the tickets.

but when gnr do have something to say, release date etc., im sure it'll get sent to all mlb fans who are apart of mlb.com, so in the end it will pay off pretty good because so many people not aware of gnr will begin to recieve e-mails.

seriously whats the big deal abot gettin junk emails?

:unsure: Before anybody starts.

DONT BLAME IT ON AXL! :confused:

Lol blame it on baseball.

*send many complaints, and look into spam laws then send an e-mail to their customer service about the laws, they should stop if they dont find a way around it.*

he's not totally blameless

he/his management should have checked to see if they would be sending their fans shit, and what they would put on the site

It's not spam. It's a commercial partnership. You had the option to click off commercial emails when you signed up, that's why you get them. The GNR mailinglist, as a result of the partnership, sends you MLB-related emails. MLB sent out GNR presale announcements, allowing both sides to promote each other WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO PROMOTE. GNR announced the tour, but have done nothing of note since. When the fanclub opens, tour kicks off, merch becomes available, etc, you will get more information as needed.

Until then, just click off commercial emails or don't read the ones you get.