Why does Guns put out pointless press releases?

Kaneda

I don't get why Guns N Roses continues to release information nobody cares about. Not only do they release unimportant news, but the tone in their press releases is so self serving and unprofessional. It's almost as if they are TRYING SO HARD to convince people that the band is popular and legitimate.

Almost every major act that passes through MSG sells it out, but you don't see them sending out a press release bragging about it. It's almost sad, that GNR needs to toot its own horn so much these days because outside of the GNR camp, the predominant feeling towards Axl's act is negative.

Also, the news everyone wants, the album release date, remains ever elusive. And if 2006 is the year of Chinese D, how can you distribute a press release about the band and NOT EVEN MENTION the album?

I am convinced at this point that nobody is backing this thing, and Axl probably has burned so many bridges that people just refuse to work with him. We've all heard him berate Merk and the stage crew countless times. Would any of us really want to work with Axl on helping him promote the album? These damn press releases are proof that GNR is really failing when it comes to communicating the right message to the media/fans.

So Axl, how well are the other tickets selling? Back in 91, every single venue would have sold out the same day tickets went on sale. NYC has 12 million people and MSG has 20,000 seats, not a very big accomplishment. And in 2002, MSG sold out in 10 minutes, now it took two weeks.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree

i hope you are proved wrong about the no promotion but at the moment we hear nothing!

remember how everyone said it would be out by september and most people here said it definetly would?

this could happen again

if it is coming out then we should hear something soon but they are cutting it fine

How are the other venues selling? Not well at all. I was at Hartford in 2002 and it was pathetic. Axl is going to be performing for half empty arenas again unless he promotes the album. With every passsing week and no news about the album, it looks more and more like 2006 is not going to happen.

What I don't get is this....why is it that GNR fans suffer the most? Fucking the fans should know first and the rest of the public second. Over the past 14 years, Axl never has once communicated ANYTHING to the fans about the album. Why cant he:

- Tell us how many songs will be on the album

- Who will be on the final album

- His favorite song and why

- The most kick ass song

- Inspiration behind songs

- What the first single will be...etc.

It's been 14 years of shit silence and everyone here is fucking tired of it. I for one do not give two shits about seeing the same setlist all over again. Unless the album is out, or new songs apepar on the setlist on October 20, I am not wasting any more money Axl's travelling Kareoke act.

Yeah, what a great strategy Axl, get people to accept the new members by playing shit Slash and Izzy wrote. You're a genius dude.

I think this latest press release falls in line with GNR's new commitment to their fans. I too am disappointed that we remain in the dark about the release of the album, but you have to admit, the last few weeks have been better from a communications standpoint than any other time in the band's history. They launched a website, which has been updated with news or live footage about every 2 to 3 days. That is unprecedented in GNR's long history. Granted, the website still pales in comparison to other bands, but this is GNR and we all know what we signed up for when we decided to be obsessed with this band.

I think the NY press release was one more way of sending out info to the fans because clearly they don't have any album news to announce. It is concerning that we are 9 days away from the "Chinese Democracy" tour and we still don't have a release date, or a single. However, I am happy that they are at least throwing us bread crumbs now. From 2002 to 2006, they simply left us out to starve.

Mark my words, if the tour starts with no single/album news, and the setlist is the same, the backlash from the fan community is going to be very severe. Axl has not let the fans hear a studio song in 10 years, yet has asked us to sign onto this new band for almost a decade. Enoughs enough, the fans are tired and bored of his antics, and if the fans are bored, just think of the apathy the general public has towards GNR.

Axl fucking deliver or go away.

How are the other venues selling? Not well at all. I was at Hartford in 2002 and it was pathetic. Axl is going to be performing for half empty arenas again unless he promotes the album. With every passsing week and no news about the album, it looks more and more like 2006 is not going to happen.

What I don't get is this....why is it that GNR fans suffer the most? Fucking the fans should know first and the rest of the public second. Over the past 14 years, Axl never has once communicated ANYTHING to the fans about the album. Why cant he:

- Tell us how many songs will be on the album

- Who will be on the final album

- His favorite song and why

- The most kick ass song

- Inspiration behind songs

- What the first single will be...etc.

It's been 14 years of shit silence and everyone here is fucking tired of it. I for one do not give two shits about seeing the same setlist all over again. Unless the album is out, or new songs apepar on the setlist on October 20, I am not wasting any more money Axl's travelling Kareoke act.

Yeah, what a great strategy Axl, get people to accept the new members by playing shit Slash and Izzy wrote. You're a genius dude.

That's fine. Don't support the band. No one cares. Last time I checked, you don't speak for everyone, and if you don't give two shits, that only means you. Not everyone else on this board. I don't care whether you like Guns N' Roses now or not. Hell, I don't even care if the album sells like shit. I just want it so I can listen to quality music (hopefully).

If the album sells 5 copies, I won't care. If it sells 14 million, I won't care. Once the album is finally released and you give your bad review of it, Axl won't care what you think. He doesn't now, and he won't ever. You're spinning your wheels.

Mark my words, if the tour starts with no single/album news, and the setlist is the same, the backlash from the fan community is going to be very severe. Axl has not let the fans hear a studio song in 10 years, yet has asked us to sign onto this new band for almost a decade. Enoughs enough, the fans are tired and bored of his antics, and if the fans are bored, just think of the apathy the general public has towards GNR.

Quoted for truth.

It's getting very tiresome now. To say the least.

When I saw the headline "Guns own NY!" I was excited, it looked interesting. Turns out it was pointless. Guns sold out MSG, well thats great, but so did Barbara Striesand, hell she's probably selling out everywhere. BTW, did anybody hear Barbara pull an Axl the other night? She told the crowd to shut the fuck up. You go Babs.

Back on topic, I really want to know how the tickets are selling elsewhere. I guess we'll have to wait til the shows are done til we hear some reliable info.

Kaneda shut the fuck up or go away. You act like Axl owes you something personally and hate him because he's not what you wish he was. Axl is who he is, he's gonna do what he wants to do, get the fuck over it. :fuckyou:

why is this guy allowed to make his cupcake topics every single day?

9 pages worth of the same thread, different title over the last 3 years. you cuold make a seperate kaneda section of bullshit cupcake topics with all that garbage.

Kaneda shut the fuck up or go away. You act like Axl owes you something personally and hate him because he's not what you wish he was. Axl is who he is, he's gonna do what he wants to do, get the fuck over it. :fuckyou:

why is this guy allowed to make his cupcake topics every single day?

9 pages worth of the same thread, different title over the last 3 years. you cuold make a seperate kaneda section of bullshit cupcake topics with all that garbage.

Precisely. Jeez Kan, get a life :sleeper:

I totally agree with everything Kaneda said. He may be negative a lot, but he speaks the truth.

Now dont get me wrong, I give Axl credit for having a successful European tour. And he has been making public statements about the album coming out this year, but the fact that there is 2 1/2 months left in the year and we still havent gotten a release date is really strange, and not smart AT ALL.

I have to say that it will probably be an unsuccessful tour here in the States if he doesnt release the date or at least a single soon.

I think it is a very VERY bad move to keep everyone in the dark 10 days before the tour starts. Axl has taken the first step in getting the fans back on his side with the European tour, and he has also promised the album would be out by the end of the year. He has everyone back interested, but they are also on a short fuse. He could give a release date, release a hard rockin single, play that song live, and have the fans going nuts. Or he could sit on this album, start the tour and play the same setlist, and pretty much take the wind out of all the fans who have stuck by him all these years.

Rules...

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

DAILY bitching about Axl and Management is bashing.

He is breaking rules DAILY, So please.... Why is he still here? at the very least he should not be allowed to post in this section.

nice one kaneda your fuckin spot on mate threst of them go crawl up axls fucking arse but the management release a statement about them selling out 1 venue well that is big fucking news hahah.

i personally dont give a fuck that they can sell out one fucking venue shame they cant release their statement saying the whole fucking tour is a sellout which makes this statement kind of an empty victory like some of these venues are.

Personally i dont give a fuck just release a fucking statement about the new album whether its a release date or sorry you wont see it in the foreseeable future, its the fans that keep him up where he is and he is starting to alienate those that put him there, so axl put your money where your fucking mouth is you shitlees cunt, lets see if you actually have the balls to fuckin release it or just tell us it aint coming out.

oh and by the way oasis sold out a couple of night at msg last year and they are virtually unknown in america so big fuckin deal dont put out statements that mean fuck all just release the fuckin album.

The first page of this thread has just about every post backing him up.

He makes a valid point. Contribute, or shut the fuck up. The Kaneda bashing is the only annoying things about his thread. :rolleyes:

I know lol

Everyone is backing him and agreeing but a couple people.

We are just tired of getting dicked around. We are "true" fans, and just because we dont kiss Axl's ass doesnt make us any less of a fan. A true fan can find the faults in their band, not just sit back like tools and agree with every single thing they do.

hey Kaneda,

can we have a lil bet, jus to make things interesting? if chinese democracy is a big disappointment i will do any forfeit u imagine. but if its a big success, i get to come round n fuck ur momma? deal???

he makes a valid point? a valid point would be something other than a weekly dose of i really hope it dont happen but *insert 50 million negative reasons here*. the point is, every gnr fan on earth is aware of the negativity because we've been waitin for this fuckin album, the doubts are already there, im not sayin dont criticise, go ahead, but jus constantly spewing negativity time n time again based on what is, for gnr, standard procedure jus gets tiresome after a while? they're not valid points, they're either negative detractions or quixotic questions that aint gonna get a fuckin answer til the albums released. jus weigh the negativity of this guy up against the positivity or even the impartial observations. excuse me, but when i think someones being a cunt, im gonna say so. dont believe in banning him though. let him stay.

Edited by frankwhite