Why does Guns put out pointless press releases?

Kaneda

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you people at least wait for my reply before dissing me?:angry:

"Prostitute" (AKA: "Better") is "the most kick ass song".

how do u know

Because:

1. The lyrics would fit a song like "Prostitute",

2. I don't believe that there was another disc out there (especially in the US) which had "IRS", a second song and then "TWAT" on it, when the "IRS"-"Prostitute"(unconfirmed)-"TWAT" disc was already in rotation through/post-Trunk. If there was, then it was most likely a decoy, designed to protect "Prostitute", with a more "recent" song ("Better") recorded by Axl on it.

Either "Better" is "Prostitute", or that disc was sanctioned; and for what it's worth I believe think the "unintentional leaks" theory is far more likely, meaning that "Better" is most likely "Prostitute".:o:)

In short, management may have said/confirmed that "'Prostitute' was the second song on that disc" to darknemus, but more evidence/personal opinion correlates that that song was indeed "Prostitute" - renamed "Better".:)

Just listen to the lyrics in the song again very carefully and you will see what I mean.:)

Can't you people at least wait for my reply before dissing me?:angry:
"Prostitute" (AKA: "Better") is "the most kick ass song".

how do u know

Because:

1. The lyrics would fit a song like "Prostitute",

2. I don't believe that there was another disc out there (especially in the US) which had "IRS", a second song and then "TWAT" on it, when the "IRS"-"Prostitute"(unconfirmed)-"TWAT" disc was already in rotation through/post-Trunk. If there was, then it was most likely a decoy, designed to protect "Prostitute", with a more "recent" song ("Better") recorded by Axl on it.

Either "Better" is "Prostitute", or that disc was sanctioned; and for what it's worth I believe think the "unintentional leaks" theory is far more likely, meaning that "Better" is most likely "Prostitute".:o:)

In short, management may have said/confirmed that "'Prostitute' was the second song on that disc" to darknemus, but more evidence/personal opinion correlates that that song was indeed "Prostitute" - renamed "Better".:)

Just listen to the lyrics in the song again very carefully and you will see what I mean.:)

I think Better is better as the word goes again and again and again and again and again and again and I know....

LOL,

So many of you agreeing with him now for some reason while he's basically saying the same thing about lack of promotion.

I have always agreed with Kaneda. Nothin makes sense. Promotion should have started a long time ago. There is no excuse for not doing it. Its ridiculous. All your points are right as usual.

People need to stop the Kaneda flaming. He's probably a bigger fan than most here. If you can defend the way they are handling the release of this album than I think you may be delusional cuz something is wrong here. We're looking at around 1 month til drop date and nada.

Wake the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does not know. He just believes every rumour he hears. For example, he thinks he knows the names to the Chinese Democracy follow ups, although this rumours was dismissed as fake a long long time ago.

Yes, and when I found that out, I said that I use those as codenames, rather than viable sources.:) Maybe I should make that more clear though.

Stop dissing start listening.rock3

yup i agree and RedEurope you don't know shit on any of the new gnr songs

Wanna bet on "TWAT" not being the last song on CD later this year?:D

And BTW for what it's worth so you can check my sources the last time I saw that "TWAT" ("No Love Remains") was the closer on CD was in a report in July 2005, the one where Paul Buckmaster hyped up "Prostitute".:)

I don't think Kaneda's bashing the band so much as he's bashing the handling of the album release--

I love GnR, but it is starting to worry me. But idk, everything he's said so far this year has come to pass--all we need now is the album.

But this is titled the Chinese Democracy Tour, something the 02 tour didn't have--and he, Merck, and everyone else have promised the album will be out this year, something that they haven't done before.

Why not wait until the first official show of the ChiDem tour so we can find out if he changed the setlist on us.

...but still, where the fuck is the single?

~Bryan

Rules...

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

DAILY bitching about Axl and Management is bashing.

He is breaking rules DAILY, So please.... Why is he still here? at the very least he should not be allowed to post in this section.

To be fair to Kaneda he probably could do a better job at managing the band. The word incompetence doesn't begin to say it.

I don't get why Guns N Roses continues to release information nobody cares about.

The same about your posts. Why do YOU put out pointless threads making it look as if people cared when they are just the same shit but with different wording?

Why are YOU here if you hate this band/Axl so much?

Why are YOU allowed to break forum rules? because... the continuous bashing of band members and management is forbidden.

I totally agree with everything Kaneda said. He may be negative a lot, but he speaks the truth.

Now dont get me wrong, I give Axl credit for having a successful European tour. And he has been making public statements about the album coming out this year, but the fact that there is 2 1/2 months left in the year and we still havent gotten a release date is really strange, and not smart AT ALL.

I have to say that it will probably be an unsuccessful tour here in the States if he doesnt release the date or at least a single soon.

I think it is a very VERY bad move to keep everyone in the dark 10 days before the tour starts. Axl has taken the first step in getting the fans back on his side with the European tour, and he has also promised the album would be out by the end of the year. He has everyone back interested, but they are also on a short fuse. He could give a release date, release a hard rockin single, play that song live, and have the fans going nuts. Or he could sit on this album, start the tour and play the same setlist, and pretty much take the wind out of all the fans who have stuck by him all these years.

I totally agree too...

It is a little surprising that it took that long to sell out MSG. I'm pretty sure Oasis sold it out last year in something like just over an hour and they arent exactly hitting multi-platinum status in the states anymore. Hopefully the buzz hasn't died down too much but it would be nice to get some new, legit CD info some time soon although i've almost given up on that. I've got tickets to the Nashville show though, so I can't wait for that one.

heres a good question:

how come for years certian posters came here to whine and complain that Axl and GNR doesn't communicate with the fans at all during the years of 2003, 2004, and 2005?

in 2006 we got:

-new songs

-axl back with a new look way better than the football jerseys

-a band with better chemistry that puts on an amazing show

-a member of the band who is considerate enough to take time to communicate with every single fan who emails him.

-a new website (but they just bitch about that.. shut the fuck up, its 100% better than gnronline.com). They have given us exclusive video footage we wouldnt' have had otherwise.

-A fan club is in the works.

-the official myspace finally shows pictures of the actual band and info regarding Guns N' Roses NOW, not 20 years ago.

-Axl has done a few radio interviews

-a full blown European tour where they played to over 700,000 fans.

-shows in New York and some dates on the west coast in intimate venues for the diehards like us.

-promises that this is the year of Chinese Democracy

-a North American Tour booked as the Chinese Democracy tour.

SHUT THE FUCK UP about a stupid press release. This band is finally reaching out to us and giving us the communication YOU have been whining for over the last 3 years Kaneda. If you can't be positive now, you're never going to be positive and you would probably be better off liking something that doesn't piss you off so much. I dont get how someone can be so negative constantly.

mods please lock this bullshit thread, and please disable kaneda from starting these new topics everyday.

Edited by King Dick

i agree with some of Kaneda's points. It doesn't look like bashing to me, it looks like he's speaking the truth and some of the axl nutswingers don't like anything that criticizes the mighty one.

I've got tickets to see the band, and am looking forward to it very much, BUT if this tour comes and goes with no new album, and not even a mention of when the new album is coming, i won't give Axl another dime until i'm able to buy Chinese Democracy.

Kaneda, you do have to admit though that 2006 has been alot kinder to GnR fans than the past 10 years have been.

For one, I am not an Axl nutswinger, He pissed me off at one show I went to, I ranted about it and got it off my chest and then enjoyed the show!

We all get pissed at Axl i'm sure, but look at Kaneda, he posts all this negative shit every single day. To be honest I think he is doing it for attention, because a fan of the band would not bitch this much with all the positive things we have had this year. Just look at the list King Dick made!

For one, I am not an Axl nutswinger, He pissed me off at one show I went to, I ranted about it and got it off my chest and then enjoyed the show!

We all get pissed at Axl i'm sure, but look at Kaneda, he posts all this negative shit every single day. To be honest I think he is doing it for attention, because a fan of the band would not bitch this much with all the positive things we have had this year. Just look at the list King Dick made!

Other than the tour, there are a lot of bands that complete that list on a monthly basis, not annually. Sure, things appear to be way better in some ways than what they used to be, but things are hardly peachy either.

Harping on the bad things daily is pointless, but so is trying to pretend that everything is wonderful or bashing the people that think differently than you do. there seem to be a lot of people hanging out at different extremes of where GnR is currently at, but like most times, the truth is somewhere in the middle. It's not all good, it's not all bad. It is what it is and we can either enjoy what we have or move on.

Do I wish the orignal lineup (or some form of it) was still together? Hell Yeah! But it isn't. Let's continue to wait for the album and be critical if it isn't good or praise if it is. Until then, just enjoy the little bit of music that we have.

OK Kaneda you do have a point with this one...but I still don't see why you're allowed to keep breaking the same rule EVERY DAY

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

I've reported this thread, and I suggest everyone else who's sick of Kaneda's constant whining do the same. He is breaking rules repeatedly, people have been banned several times for less. Surely the admin can't ignore a huge percentage of the board who want rid of this guy.

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

Some members... :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I bother saying this in every single Kaneda thread, but the man is not a "basher." He has an opinion and he always expresses it in a civilized manner, sticking to listing arguments that justify this opinion in his mind. Sure, it's subjective and perhaps even rather biased at times and many of you may not agree with it, but it's a validly expressed opinion with several attempted justifiations, so please spare the whining.

Some members... :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I bother saying this in every single Kaneda thread, but the man is not a "basher." He has an opinion and he always expresses it in a civilized manner, sticking to listing arguments that justify this opinion in his mind. Sure, it's subjective and perhaps even rather biased at times and many of you may not agree with it, but it's a validly expressed opinion with several attempted justifiations, so please spare the whining.

Very very well said. Thanks for that! :)

OK Kaneda you do have a point with this one...but I still don't see why you're allowed to keep breaking the same rule EVERY DAY

I've reported this thread, and I suggest everyone else who's sick of Kaneda's constant whining do the same. He is breaking rules repeatedly, people have been banned several times for less. Surely the admin can't ignore a huge percentage of the board who want rid of this guy.

yes other members have been banned good riddance i say

as for kaneda, i respect his opinions, wich i beleive he is entitled to, if you dont like his threads dont post in them

IS THAT A HARD CONCEPT FOR YOU ALL TO GRASP?

Jarmo just posted this at HTGTH... I know this isn't HTGTH but I like his view on this and thought others would like to read it.

Let's get one thing clear.

From now on, if you feel like complaining about the press releases, go somewhere else.

It's fucking boring to read the same few people go on and on about how every press release issued is wrong.

If you don't want to read the press releases, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the words press and release in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how everything sucks.

/jarmo

Jarmo just posted this at HTGTH... I know this isn't HTGTH but I like his view on this and thought others would like to read it.
Let's get one thing clear.

From now on, if you feel like complaining about the press releases, go somewhere else.

It's fucking boring to read the same few people go on and on about how every press release issued is wrong.

If you don't want to read the press releases, make sure you do not click on a thread that has the words press and release in them.

That's really fucking simple and we won't have to deal with your miserable posts about how everything sucks.

/jarmo

dont like the site or the people that run it, they have no relevence here,